PDA

View Full Version : 2012 wrc

zimbo
19th January 2012, 06:58 PM
Well the 2012 WRC has officially started (yesterday) and at the end of day 1, Sordo in the MINI is in 2nd place :thumbs up: and I see that Kris Meeke is not in the mini this year and they have a new guy in the other mini, something to do with lack of sponsorship or something!! :frown: not liking the sounds of that, everythings about £££££££ these days :sad:

So I guess I'll be supporting Sordo this year then :clap:

euan
20th January 2012, 10:01 AM
There is a lot of chat about Mini/Prodrive. They missed the cutoff for entry for a full entry as they didn't have the budget, but were given a waiver as WRC needs them. Meeke has been dropped for pay drivers on a round by round basis.

BMW are making a real mess of this considering how much money they throw at touring cars. First Mini at the Monte in years and no press coverage...

zimbo
20th January 2012, 05:36 PM
Well Sordo is still in 2nd place, duelling it out with Solberg for 2nd place :hand: "Come on MINI"

bullet
23rd January 2012, 10:57 PM
have seen very little if any coverage about the wrc which is a real shame.:tumbleweed:

euan
23rd January 2012, 11:03 PM
They lost their promoter, and TV deal - details on here (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20012012/66/q-todt-wrc-future.html), Eurosport did a one off for the Monte, but no word as yet on what happens next. Frankly, it's all up the spout and has been for a while.

Andy w
24th January 2012, 11:17 PM
Motors tv did some coverage of wrc

Drthomp
25th January 2012, 08:09 AM
Motors tv did some coverage of wrc

I watched it all on there, some good coverage really. Guess that's going to stop for the short term now.

zimbo
11th February 2012, 11:05 AM
Well Dani Sordo is out of this weekends Swedish rally after crashing out into a snowbank and blocking up the radiator, losing an alternator belt too (apparently) and managing to carry on and then cooking the engine due to over heating... :frown:

Andy w
11th February 2012, 04:02 PM
Sordo didnt half hit the snow bank and that was just trying to get back on the track , highlights on motors tv tonight round half 10ish.