PDA

View Full Version : next gen mini

stoney
18th January 2012, 07:43 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1060868_2013-mini-cooper-spy-shots

not sure about it TBH but it can all change :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
18th January 2012, 08:27 PM
It doesn't look massively different, but I'm sure the main differences will be seen in the lights and little details here and there. The only reason the size increased for the R56 over the R50/53 was for pedestrian safety. It's always hard to tell when they put the camo on it, but I'm sure also that all that 1 series componentary will be turfed for more familiar mini innards.

KenL
18th January 2012, 09:57 PM
Motoringfile.com says that this is not a MINI but some BMW FWD model. Its just wearing a bogus body to keep people off the scent.

See here: http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/01/13/this-is-not-the-2013-mini-hardtop/

N16SHP
18th January 2012, 10:59 PM
Is the new 1 series not FWD? I'm sure I read that in Top Gear a while back in a bid to increase sales for folk who fear a RWD in the summer.

stoney
18th January 2012, 11:00 PM
Is the new 1 series not FWD? I'm sure I read that in Top Gear a while back in a bid to increase sales for folk who fear a RWD in the summer.

i hered this as well !!

Stewart
18th January 2012, 11:07 PM
http://s3.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/002-640x325.jpg

I hope to god the rear does not look like this.....reminds me of the new skoda.

BMW will slowly Morph this car and kill it then turn round years from now thinking why has sales crashed. Maybe because its lost all the character it once had! :ragin:

ELFMAN
19th January 2012, 09:31 AM
IF.... these 'spy shots' are kosher, I fear our beloved MINI has begun its transformation into 'Mainstream Hatchery'. I'll reserve judgement for now, but I'll bet in 10 years, you'll barely recognise it as a MINI.

zimbo
19th January 2012, 06:48 PM
I read about the rumours about this being a front wheel drive BMW in disguise with the mini body as well, not sure what to think, but I did notice there is what appears to be a suicide door on the left hand side of the car (the correct side for it...) and I also noticed that is running on 5 bolt/stud wheels, so I am wondering if this is them trying the 4wd (All4) system from the countryman on the hatch, I hope they bring that system onto the hatch, because I know I'd be knocking on the door to get one of those.

If it comes with that dodgey looking BMW dash then I might have to look else where :hand:

Stewart
19th January 2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah I hope the Dash is just a test Dash...looks really boring style!

All4 in the Hatch now there is an idea.......:thumbs up:

Coreygraham180
19th January 2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah I hope the Dash is just a test Dash...looks really boring style!

All4 in the Hatch now there is an idea.......:thumbs up:

wheres the plus like button that would be awesome for a all4 hatch and same i really hope they do not use that boring dash but the dash looks very bmw one series dash tho but i dunno really hope that dash will never see the inside of a mini

Stewart
19th January 2012, 09:17 PM
I think the pic is just a very rough guess above for starters the rear lights won’t be halved for the boot to open.

With Mini the whole point is to be fun, quirky and less sensible looking and at the same time a dam good drive and remind us of the classic in my view. Once it gets to just another Euro Box if it does it will be a shame.

MINIme:)
19th January 2012, 11:03 PM
better get yourself a new one quick then stewart before it morphs :thumbs up: