PDA

View Full Version : Death Rattle

Martin c
17th January 2012, 10:43 PM
Yup my JCW has started to develop the dreaded death rattle, been getting it on start up for a few mins and it's definately getting more noticeable :argh:
So phoned PV today and she's booked in for the 1st of Feb to be kept overnight, getting a courtesy car from them. Glad the car is under warranty on cherished phew !!!!!

KenL
17th January 2012, 11:18 PM
Hi Martin,

PV fixed my car. Tell them you are aware of a full fix where lots of parts (not just the tensioner) are replaced. They initially just replaced the tensioner but this did not fix it. Once I got the "full fix" it has never happened again. I have posted somewhere a full list of all parts that were replaced. There may of course be a more up to date fix than what I had done.

Please post how you get on.

Martin c
17th January 2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks Ken,

I'll keep you all updated on how I get on :thumbs up:

N16SHP
18th January 2012, 11:21 AM
Pretty much what Ken said Martin. I had to fight to get two Mini's done (properly), but from what I've heard, Vardy's are much better with their customer service than my local stealer! Good luck, and keep us posted.

Martin c
2nd February 2012, 10:41 PM
Well I dropped the car of on Wednesday morning for the timing chain rattle and recall, the car is getting a new timing chain, tensioner and sprockets so should be all sorted :D they don't have all the parts in stock, rest of the bits due to arrive tomorrow ( Friday) so picking the car up on Saturday.
Good job I got a courtesy car phew lol shame it's not a mini but got a BMW 118d coupe, mibbe a good job as I have had to go down to Scarborough to a funeral, a good wee road test for the BMW lol, will give you all what I think when I get home.

Martin c
4th February 2012, 07:52 PM
Collected the car this afternoon, water pump done and new timing chain, tensioner and sprockets fitted, nice and quiet now ;)

KenL
4th February 2012, 08:05 PM
Excellent, glad you got it sorted.

Peter Vardy are doing a good job in sales and after care in my opinion.

KenL
4th February 2012, 08:08 PM
I should have said that I t have just missed you, I popped in there about 4 today.

My S is up for sale now. Looking good at £11 995.

Martin c
4th February 2012, 09:17 PM
Must have only just missed you, I was in at about 3 ish