PDA

View Full Version : Rust!!!!

Ferengo
17th January 2012, 01:49 PM
Ok guys. Not been on here in a while but mentioned to AndyP the other night about my R56 having rust. He said I'd be within my right under the anti Corrosion warranty. Anyone have any idea how I'd go about this? Can I go to any Mini garage or does it need to be the one I bought it from?

Also I take it this doesn't include stone chips that haven't been touched up, so anything else it excludes?

Just for info. It's on the back driver side wheel arch right where the plastic arch meets to body. Actually there's a rough bit on the arch that looks like it's maybe caused it.

Thanks, G.

KenL
17th January 2012, 02:00 PM
That should be covered. It might be they need to send pics to MINI for approval.

Mon the fish
17th January 2012, 02:43 PM
Watch JC's, they will do what they can to wriggle out of this. All warranty work needs to be approved by HQ, so they will take photos and send them off. They'll probably do what they can to wriggle out of taking the photos though, blaming you for it. I had this at JC's

Ferengo
17th January 2012, 03:48 PM
Watch JC's, they will do what they can to wriggle out of this. All warranty work needs to be approved by HQ, so they will take photos and send them off. They'll probably do what they can to wriggle out of taking the photos though, blaming you for it. I had this at JC's

I've never had much luck with JC's. Had a radiator losing collant. They said there was nothing wrong and all I had to do was keep filling it until it didn't need filled anymore. Took it to Grassicks (where I bought it) and they couldn't believe JC's had said that let alon missed the gapping hole in it!!! Anyway they're calling me back shortly so will see what they say.

stoney
17th January 2012, 04:59 PM
Should be coverd just take to mini and others have said they will take photo's and send them off to HQ I got some done on my old jcw :)

Mon the fish
17th January 2012, 09:01 PM
^^ normal dealers will cover it, JC's however are a breed apart...

Ferengo
18th January 2012, 07:27 AM
JC's called me back. It's going in on Thursday to get some photos done. I'm a photographer so if JC's try anything I'll take my own photos with the macro lens and go to mini myself. Let's hope it doesn't come to tthat though.

Craig
18th January 2012, 09:34 AM
JC's called me back. It's going in on Thursday to get some photos done. I'm a photographer so if JC's try anything I'll take my own photos with the macro lens and go to mini myself. Let's hope it doesn't come to tthat though.

Best of luck Grant ;)

stoney
18th January 2012, 09:53 AM
Good luck let us know how u get on :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
18th January 2012, 09:56 AM
Fingers Crossed...

Ferengo
18th January 2012, 10:33 AM
I'll post what they say. May even take a few pics to let you guys see on thursday. Cheers for the help.

Ferengo
20th January 2012, 01:46 PM
So I went in. They took the photos and said I can't see any problem with that being covered under the warranty. Fingers crossed that when I hear back from MINI it's good news.

stoney
20th January 2012, 01:47 PM
So I went in. They took the photos and said I can't see any problem with that being covered under the warranty. Fingers crossed that when I hear back from MINI it's good news.

Best of luck mate mini where good when I had probs with my Gp bonnet

Craig
20th January 2012, 01:57 PM

Sounds like it's moving in the right direction Grant :thumbs up:

Ferengo
10th February 2012, 12:55 PM
Well after a bit of back and forth trying to find an answer they're fixing it. Car is in now and should get it back soon.

Colin
10th February 2012, 01:26 PM
Well after a bit of back and forth trying to find an answer they're fixing it. Car is in now and should get it back soon.

Good result!

Craig
10th February 2012, 01:33 PM

Woohoo!! :clap:

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 03:45 PM

:thumbs up: