PDA

View Full Version : Hot Hatch Day

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 03:19 AM
Sun 22nd Hot Hatch Day £40 9am - 5pm . KNOCKHILL

Could be kinda cool if loads of folk fancied heading to the track. Anyone keen:question:

phantom
5th August 2004, 04:08 AM
Hi Ewen, I go to Knockhill all the time being a season ticket holder, but I'm afraid the Hot Hatch days are anything but Hot, but hay, thats just my opinion, dont let this put anyone else from going along, its just not my thing.

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 09:46 AM
Oh really. Cheers for letting me know. I have never been to one! Why are they so pants?

Julz
5th August 2004, 04:18 PM
I used to go with Peugeot Ecosse when they had a display area, and the track really just seemed to involved spotty eejits crashing their cars, which can be quite amusing, especially when they get out and look at the damage before starting to cry!!:clown:

The Dogfather
5th August 2004, 04:34 PM
There's nothing better than seeing a ned crying over his pride and joy after he's over cooked it. Especially if it's a Nova/Corsa.....

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 08:27 PM
Could be worth going just to see that then

Smurf
5th August 2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm, don't worry, I won't be long.

Just remember that if you stuff your car into someone, something or the scenery, or someone else stuffs it into you, YOU ARE NOT INSURED...... And judging by the driving skills I've seen at one of these days, there's a fair chance of it happening.

OK, back into happy mode again.

Saw a guy completely trash a brand new TVR on the straight at Knockhill on a track day - by finding reverse at about a hundred and plenty........ Totally written off, wasn't his, and the owner didn't know he had it !!! Oops.......

sleepyrascal
5th August 2004, 08:50 PM
Now theres an incentive not to go!

Burple
5th August 2004, 11:47 PM
Just because it's a track day doesn't mean you have to go on the track.. we normally hang around the circuit, and laff at the sadi crashed Neds, and some of the cool machinery that turns up. It can be a lot of fun just doing that providing it isn't Knockhill's statutory -14 degrees C!!! ;);):D
Just remember you ain't insured. I know of people who've bought scrappers for about £20, then just taken them thru there and thrashed them till they die. That's the sort of people that makes you NOT want to take your own car on!!

Mind you.. I won't be there this time unfortunately... cos I 've an IMM to go to in Norfolk!! :D:D:D:D

Be there for the Touring cars this weekend tho!

phantom
6th August 2004, 02:26 AM
Touring cars for me too!
Sleepyrascal if you want to visit the track for hot hatch stuff they have a Fast and Modified weekend 18/19th Sept, again I wont be there but will proberbly be more fun than like Julz said, a bunch of spottie ejits crashing into anything they can

sleepyrascal
6th August 2004, 02:29 AM
Ok nice one. Cheers.