PDA

View Full Version : Finally picked up the countryman

ajamesj
15th January 2012, 10:48 PM
Well today was the big day the sun was shining and we headed to get our new countryman. However on pick up the car was not valet very well and a few scratches so the salesman took it away and tried his best to repair the scratches and told us the Saturday valet guy was not the best. On getting home and the sun hitting the absolute black paint the paint finish abuse is very noticable the MINI is cover in swirls from possibly a car wash or brush and its only done 6000 miles. I have asked for help with this in the car care forum not trusting the garage to do it :frown:

Anyway back to the good bit the CM handles great and still puts a smile on our faces. Love the new DAB radio and auto air con first time we have had that. We also didn't realise how much we missed the sports seats we had a few years ago in one of our previous minis :yes nod: So once we hopefully resolve the paint problem all will be good :cool:

Lesson learned do not few a 4 month old 6000 mile car in the winter weather before buying it.

AndyP & Lenore
15th January 2012, 11:13 PM
Andy, great that you're enjoying your new Countryman.

Shocking the way garages seem to think it's OK to push a car out in that condition though. After 6k miles, you really don't expect swirls all over the roof. 60k maybe, but 6k.... NO!

A.

Craig
16th January 2012, 12:11 AM
Glad you got your new car but not surprised the way you got you car from the dealer :frown: not surprised, Eastern told me they would fix all the scratches on my BEP JCW but I had to pay a bodyshop to fix them for me :rolleyes:

Hopefully it will get sorted to your satisfaction ;)

RobSco
16th January 2012, 01:01 AM
Glad to see that you've picked up your Countyman and I hope that your enjoying the drive...:motoring:...Hope you get your paint work resolved by the dealer... :thumbs up:
Look forward to seeing some photos of your new car... :camera: ... Enjoy... :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
16th January 2012, 09:41 AM
Andy,

Good to hear you have your CM now...not so about your paint / valet issues...I am sure you will have it looking super in no time, no doubt with a few nice mods.

Andrew

zimbo
16th January 2012, 10:30 AM
Andy glad you guys have got the new chariot :thumbs up: but am sorry to hear about the paint and valet issues :frown:. I'm pretty sure the valet car wash gurus on this forum will have your car looking the dogs danglies before you kjnow it mate :yes nod:

Cant wait to see pics of the black beast :cool:

I am really disgusted at the fact that garages can/do let vehicles out of the shop to their new owners in such a bad state, I mean your talking big money for these vehicles and they just dont seem to give a damn, it's like they have your money and thats it, right wheres the next customer and so on... They should be ashamed of themselves which ever garages they are, which is why it is so important to find a garage you end up knowing and trusting :D

Dont forget apparently BMW M3 wheels fit the countryman or at least BMW specific wheels anyway :smilewinkgrin:

N16SHP
16th January 2012, 12:00 PM
Good to hear you've managed to get your Countryman with very little problems Andy and its good to hear so many good reviews from CM owners on here.

As far as the garage goes, I think we all know how most of us stand on garages and their valeting skills. You did the right thing in just taking the car and fixing it yourself. Yes it's not right but I've given up on garages trying to understand how much we care about our cars, and I've even had salesmen laugh at me saying I was just being picky...no mate, I prefer the word perfect, after all, I'm about to put £15k into your accounts department so think about your commission before you insult me again :hand: