PDA

View Full Version : Countryman swirling

ajamesj
15th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Finally picked up our countryman today but to say that the paintwork is poor is an understatement. Although the car has done only 6000 miles the absolute black paint has taken alot of abuse. Hopefully we can get it back to as new condition any pointers???

Most of the problems are swirls on the black paint will get pics tomorrow I was going to complain further to the garage but on them trying to mask a scratch up I thought I would try resolve it myself.

Apart from the paint finish the MINI is going well :D

AndyP & Lenore
15th January 2012, 11:10 PM
Andy, it sounds like it's going to need a machine polish, either from a UDM or a rotary. I'm not expert and I've actually only done 4 or 5 UDM polishes. I got the machine to do the red MINI which we bought from Grassics and it had some light swirls it the paintwork.

I'm sure other more experienced detailers will be along soon to offer advice. Difficult to do that properly without photies though.

A.

Gismo
16th January 2012, 01:06 AM
Be careful you don't void any warranty by trying to fix it yourself

ianking
16th January 2012, 01:20 PM
Black is a nightmare and the paint is very hard so really needs the rotary to get it done properly. However the rotary in the wrong hands can make it worse.

You wont void your warranty getting the car detailed properly.

I would be able to sort it for you but as Im not a sponsor on here I will let you contact me if you want to persue further