PDA

View Full Version : Cracked windscreen

Martin c
15th January 2012, 09:57 PM
I've been away for the weekend, a wee mini adventure lol and now have a crack in the windscreen grrrrr

It's about 3" long coming straight down from the top of the windscreen about 1" from the rear view mirror on the drivers side, it wasn't caused by a stone chip - no marks on the glass but have been over Glenshee and the Lecht roads over the weekend.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Car has a heated screen fitted as well, who is best to get a replacement from ?

GCA3N
15th January 2012, 10:03 PM
Well I have had 2 windscreens and many chipped windscreens. Always used Autoglass, remember and ask for a BMW mini windscreen and not a replica of sorts which they do too. Also when the screen is replaced they are supposed to replace the black A pillars too. So remind them of that.

Martin c
15th January 2012, 10:10 PM
That's great thanks, will give them a call and see what they say

Cheers

Stewart
15th January 2012, 11:53 PM
AutoGlass did my Coop and the black pillars, they were at Bothwell (19 Bellshill Road) till they moved think its Bailiston some place now.

They did the free gel repair and although I cant complain about the job, It was just going to annoy me so took it back and they were as good as word when they said not a problem if you feel you just want a new screen.

RobSco
16th January 2012, 12:40 AM
Autoglass would be your best bet and there's one in Stirling in the same area as Menzies BMW Dealership... :yes nod: ...Hope this never wasted your weekend... :thumbs up:

Spacecadetrik
16th January 2012, 01:44 AM
Yeah Autoglass in Stirling is to turn off main rd towards Menzies Mini and keep going to end of that road, they are on the right there. Have used them before and they are excellent, often can do it while you wait.

MiniSnaps
11th February 2012, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't go to Autoglass if you're paying for the windscreen (fine if it's via your insurance) as the guy there told me they billed Esure £600 for the one that went into my R50..............