PDA

View Full Version : flyeyes kit

bullet
15th January 2012, 12:15 AM
ive recently purchased a flyeyes kit from fleabay and was wondering if any owner has applied this stuff to there car?its a vinyl wrap that comes in a variety of different colours for tail lights and headlights,its mot friendly and does not dampen the brightness of the lights once applied so more out of curiousity i ordered a small amount as its really cheap,am not sure about putting it on xenons though,......hmmmm.:scratch:

bullet
15th January 2012, 05:03 PM
LOL :tumbleweed:

Craig
15th January 2012, 05:14 PM
LOL :tumbleweed:

I think that answers your question about if anyone has fitted it :lol:

bullet
15th January 2012, 07:27 PM
I think that answers your question about if anyone has fitted it :lol:

anyone on this site anyway,:computer:,had a look at a couple of other mini forums and found other mini owners who have bought it and applied it with positive results viewing the pics they posted of it on there minis,still not sure, might give it a wee try, if i dont like the look i can always rip it off,oh my mistake:oops:,it wasnt ebay it was bought from but a legit business down south.:camera:

stoney
15th January 2012, 07:54 PM
not to sure if i would fit it but would be interested to see how you get on :)

GCA3N
15th January 2012, 08:02 PM
I tried this on my rear lights and it looked horrible.

KenL
15th January 2012, 08:20 PM
I say leave well alone!

I also don't really see how putting anything onto headlights does not dampen their output.

bullet
16th January 2012, 12:12 AM
I say leave well alone!

I also don't really see how putting anything onto headlights does not dampen their output.

the film isnt a solid sheet,its full of perforated holes to let light from the bulbs through,if it dont look right it will be straight in the bin.:book:

GCA3N
16th January 2012, 07:10 AM
the film isnt a solid sheet,its full of perforated holes to let light from the bulbs through,if it dont look right it will be straight in the bin.:book:

That is correct, but it will reduce the effectivness of the lights to some degree even if it's not huge. As you say it's cheap and easy to do and remove for that matter. It was too boy racer SAXO-ish for me but hey its your baby so.

KenL
16th January 2012, 07:13 AM
I had a quick look on their site. They didn't look right to me. I don't like those blacked out / smoked lights, far too boyracerish for me.

MINIme:)
16th January 2012, 08:04 AM
It was too boy racer SAXO-ish for me but hey its your baby so.

Gasp! :thud:
my first car was a saxo. What are you saying eh? :motoring:

she was called Eilidh.

bullet
16th January 2012, 11:09 AM
i guess its down to a matter of opinion,some would say de chroming the mini makes it look boy racerish,but hey its all down to choice and personal preference.:popcorn:

GCA3N
16th January 2012, 01:15 PM
i guess its down to a matter of opinion,some would say de chroming the mini makes it look boy racerish,but hey its all down to choice and personal preference.:popcorn:

Agreed hence why mines is original with all it's chrome in full glory.:p:smilewinkgrin:

bullet
16th January 2012, 05:40 PM
Agreed hence why mines is original with all it's chrome in full glory.:p:smilewinkgrin:

:yawn:,well my cars gonna be a real boyracers dream then cause its getting de chromed as well.

KenL
16th January 2012, 08:58 PM

You're not wrong there Bullet :lol:

bullet
16th January 2012, 09:28 PM
will post some pics of my 'streetracer' when alls done,:babypram:,lol.

bullet
25th January 2012, 11:00 PM
tried the flyeyes kit on the headlights ,it wasnt for me and the stuff ended up where i thought it may,lol,in the bin ! :Whistle:

stoney
25th January 2012, 11:03 PM
:lol: nothing gained and a few penny's lost :lol: ;)

No pics :lol:

bullet
25th January 2012, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=stoney;286963]:lol: nothing gained and a few penny's lost :lol: ;)

No pics :lol:[/QUO am gonna try and post a couple of pics tomorrow (minus the flyeyes kit:Whistle:)if i can get the hang of posting pics,have yet to dechrome the car but im assured its getting painted next wk.:dizzy:

bullet
26th January 2012, 06:45 PM
tried posting pics and am totally lost, HELP!!!!!!:camera::stamp:

ELFMAN
27th January 2012, 03:12 PM
Gasp! :thud:my first car was a saxo. What are you saying eh? :motoring:she was called Eilidh.
My last 'non-MINI' was a very tuned 106GTI in 2001, he was called 'Lemmy'... :argh::argh::argh: :motoring: But I wasn't a 'Boy' Racer - I was too old for that.... :thumbs up:

As for the Fly Eyes stuff, although it says it 'lets MOST light through', I wouldn't put ANYTHING on my lights which would reduce their effectiveness in any way whatsoever, especially at this time of year. See and be seen.

bullet
27th January 2012, 04:46 PM
it was more out of curiousity that i bought the kit,it was dirt cheap,saw other minis on other forums with it applied and it looked ok,with my car being dark grey i thought that it may be worth a closer look,having said that though when applied i did not like the look of it at all,i have no intententions of making my jcw look boy racerish only slightly different to the bog standard norm.i guess youre only as old as you feel and if i was worried about that i woudnt have went for a car with a loud exhaust at my age,i guess the flyeyes kit was a bit of a brain fart,lol :dizzy: