PDA

View Full Version : Countryman insurance

ajamesj
14th January 2012, 12:12 AM
I have 7 day Mini insurance on my new countryman. It has a chilli pack but when I went to insure it the lass on the phone just put it through on the policy as a cooperD countryman no chilli pack mentioned. Then tonight I went to update my yearly policy and yet again chilli pack not mentioned just to be insured as cooperD countryman. Anyone else have this problem when insuring your Mini ???

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.570561,-2.567188

MINIme:)
14th January 2012, 12:21 AM
my hatch is new and confused the hell out of me. They used to list cooper pepper and cooper chilli as the models but now the model is listed as Cooper (122) with pepper pack as a separately listed option (I had to inform them of that, it wasn't 'on the computer already'). It added a wee chunk to the premium whereas all other options had no impact but they wanted them listed.
I had to go to Mini uk to check on this model query! Mainly because with the 7 day free one it wasn't yet fully on the system but by the time I actually renewed my policy about a month after I got the car it was then automatically listed as cooper (122). Which I had worked out in the interim was what it should be. That's referring to the bhp. That may make absolutely no sense. I know what I mean as I spent hours on it at the time!

ajamesj
14th January 2012, 01:06 AM
Since my mini is pre reg I used its originally reg no. Just to check it although I do have a private plate. Even typing in the original reg still comes up as cooperD countryman no mention of chilli lol. Think a call to my insurance is needed because I am hoping to get the mini in the next 2-3 days ;)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.570484,-2.567351

KenL
14th January 2012, 09:15 AM
I phoned LV yesterday. They were not interested in options that are manufacturers original factory options. They asked is that a Cooper 122?

Typical of insurers, no reduction in premium with 3 months to go but my compulsory exceed came down to £150.

Drthomp
14th January 2012, 09:21 AM
We swapped our 08 clubman cooper d with pepper pack for a 11 plate countryman cooper d with pepper pack and saved 50p for the year with tesco. The car is worth around 8k more and got more power ( on paper) and we saved??? Couldn't really work it out at all. In fact we saved £89.50 as we didnt need the aa cover on the new car. So quids in