PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

lamdacore
12th January 2012, 12:13 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry for not being on in such a long time. Life has been a rollercoaster since I was last on, hopefully now its back to stability :)

Anyway, I'm putting the mini in for a big service at the end of the month as there are a few niggles that are annoying me. (on top of whats been going on with the car in the past 8 months or so)

Problems as of now are:

1) Airbag warning light is showing on dash - this has been looked at by place I bought it a couple of times, they've said its nothing to worry about, they've worked on it, and its gone away, but keeps re-appearing - My guess is that there is either a loose connection underneath one of the seats or there is something wrong with a sensor somewhere

2) My brake lights don't work. both the side and the high level one. bulbs have been checked. They're all ok. All other lights at rear are functioning. (fuses have been checked). No idea whats going on there.

3) Car seems to pull to the left a bit more than what would be normal. Tyres have been replace, as have disks and pads all round. (possible tracking? Track rod ends?)

4) The motor on driver side electric windows seems to be slower than usual, I've tried solutions as describe in mini2 by giving just above the speaker a good thump with my hand, apart from a sore hand, this didn't do much.

5) The exhaust seems to rattle almost as if its loose from a bracket or something - Kwik Fit applied a rubber mount to it as a temp fix a while ago, but I suspect it may have melted by now.

6) Passenger side front speaker has gone, tweeter still seems to work. Don't know whether to replace the front speakers all together or just get a factory replacement. I'm buying / bought a new head unit from another forum member.

Lastly, I've been good and not modified the car in any way since purchase, now the modding bug has bit me again, and looking to change a few things (do it properly this time around) and I'm considering the following over the next few months, suggestions, guidance or a slap across the head would be appreciated.

In no specific order:

Eibach Springs (unsure if these would rub with standard wheels and standard dimension tyres (forgotten specs)
Lohen Performance kit 1 consisting of Denso Plugs, Piper panel filter and a Bluefin ( or the Bronze package from Angel Tuning consisting of Bluefin and ITG Panel filter)
Wind deflectors (can't find these any where)
Possible new Playmini back box or a.n. other exhaust that has a nice but subtle burble to it.
Limo tint all 3 rear windows
Pure black mirror covers (either vinyl wrap existing ones or just get caps?)
Aero Front Grill
Original Fuel Filler cap as some ba5t4rd stole mine and currently using a temporary one.
Stubby aerial.

Thoughts? Comments ? Ideas? All welcomed.

Thank yoo

Oh, and also a couple of mini peeps from Glasgow area to meet up with a few times a month :)

MINIme:)
12th January 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm not much use to you with technical stuff, but I did have a buggered tracking rod end in my R50 One last year. Wasn't too expensive to have it replaced at National Tyres and Autocentre in Partick. The roads around Gla are a nightmare, def worth getting the tracking checked at least.

Where have you taken it? To a dealer? There's a BM independent in cathcart that I used for years before I got the new car but would still go there for non warranty stuff. They are decent, no frills. Two guys, two ramps and a portacabin!

lamdacore
12th January 2012, 12:32 AM
Where have you taken it? To a dealer? There's a BM independent in cathcart that I used for years before I got the new car but would still go there for non warranty stuff. They are decent, no frills. Two guys, two ramps and a portacabin!

Where abouts in Cathcart? I bought the car from a dealership in Cathcart, ClarkstonRoadTrade sales, good guys, but given I've been there a few times, I want to try somewhere else just to get another opinion on it.

MINIme:)
12th January 2012, 01:21 AM
RW Weavers. They are tucked down off the road pretty much opposite Cathcart train stn. Theres a triangle of roads and they are on the bottom side of the triangle.

They mostly knew me as Joanna mini as that's how I always referred to myself when I phoned ;)

lamdacore
12th January 2012, 09:37 AM
Cool. Ill give them a should ,thank you :)

Big Gordy
12th January 2012, 01:21 PM
I've had Eibachs on my ONE for about 5 years now and have had no issues with them whatsoever while running 15's, 17's and 18's so your good to go in that department:thumbs up: Check out the for sale section as I'm sure there was a set for sale recently...he might still have them:smilewinkgrin:

See here.....http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22995-r50-eibachs

lamdacore
12th January 2012, 04:36 PM
cool beans :) thank you.

@minime - spoke to RW, getting the car in either last fri of Jan or first week of feb..