PDA

View Full Version : MINI and Prodrive Tour - Thurs 10th & Fri 11th May 2012 ON TOPIC POSTS

Pages : [1] 2

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2012, 10:53 AM
http://tili.co.uk/MINI/oxford_run_logo2.jpg

A wee tour down to Oxford for the MINI Plant Tour and Prodrive factory to view the MINI Countryman WRC Vehicle being assembled.

Update 25th April 2012...

Timings:

Thursday 10th May
07.30 - Depart Bothwell Services M74
09.30 - Pit stop at Southwaite. M6 Lenore and I will be joining you at this point.
11.00 - Brunch at Huntleys
14.30 - Pit stop at Norton Canes M6 Toll
15.30 - Arrive Prodrive (there is actually no rush to arrive at 15.30 so if we are delayed by even an hour it's no problem.)
17.00 - Prodrive Tour (3 hours)
20.00 - Set off for Oxford
20.40 - Arrive Oxford Hotels.

There is usually a get-together in the pub next to the Premier Inn for some drinks and great banter.

Friday 11th May
08.00 - 08.30 - Gather in Premier Inn car park.
08.40 - Convoy round to Oxford MINI Plant.
09.00 - MINI Tour
12.00 - Head off home.

Please remember that there is no photography permitted on the MINI Tour. Also, no mobile phones permitted. You should also wear sensible footwear - high heels are not permitted.

Click here for details of what is included in the Prodrive Tour. (http://www.prodrive.com/level3.html?id=811)
Prodrive will have their shop open as well as their heritage centre so be prepared to drool over some exotic metalwork.

Costs:
MINI Tour £12 - Number limited to 25 persons!
Prodrive Tour £20 (negotiated down from £22 just for us!) - Number limited to 25 persons!

It's a shame we can't do this as a weekend tour, but I'm afraid it's out of my/our hands as MINI simply don't do weekend tours any more.

So, stand up and be counted ye hearties! And please let me know how many are in your party.

1. AndyP & Lenore (2) - Travelodge (Pear tree)
2. MINI William & Megan (2) - Travelodge (Pear tree)
3. Brian & Christina (2) - Travelodge (Pear tree)
4. Craig with Zimbo & Elmo riding shotgun (2) - Sleeping bag and fleecy blanket booked for Zimbo - he even has an Elmo to cuddle if he gets frightened. Premier Inn (Craig)
5. Stewart (Holiday Inn Peartree) & Euan (Elfman) (Premier Inn) riding shotgun (2)
7. Bodyshop23(Martin) and Harrythedog(James) (2) - Premier Inn
9. Joanna (1)
10. Duncan & Helen (2) - Premier Inn
11. Mom & Dad in the chuck waggon (2) - Premier Inn
12. Trigger (1) - Premier Inn
13. Baz & Ben (2 - Prodrive only)

Total number of tour attendees: (MINI 18) (Prodrive 20)

On the reserves list:

Euan - Prodrive only (1?)

Payment for tours: Both venues will accept payment directly from each person on the tour.

Hotels: My suggestion is we all stay at the usual premier inn next to the MINI plant in Oxford. Hotel details Here (http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford?DCMP=KNC_D_BND)

Please download the run guide HERE. (http://tili.co.uk/MINI/oxford_notes_april2012.pdf)

MINI William
11th January 2012, 11:00 AM
Andy stick Mum, Dad, Megan and Myself for this please 2 cars. This is the weekend of MU so there may be some special bits and bobs

zimbo
11th January 2012, 11:14 AM
:bigwave: me me me..... On my own :sad: unless I can get the little bald one and his better half to come too :p

...not too fussed about the factory tour seeing as I've already done it twice tbh, but I AM REALLY KEEN on doing the Prodrive Tour I love the WRC Countryman And have to see it in the flesh :thumbs up:

GCA3N
11th January 2012, 12:35 PM
Stick myself down please andy.

Craig
11th January 2012, 12:53 PM
Andy, thanks for taking this over. Due to several issues I wouldnt be able to take this forward. I also nearly forgot that our 10 year wedding anniversary is the weekend before so I'll have to do something nice for that weekend :rolleyes: :thumbs up:

Not happy tho as I had the idea and really wanted to do it!! :frown:

ELFMAN
11th January 2012, 12:57 PM
I'm afraid I'm out for this now Andy, though I would love to see the WRC MINI at Prodrive, during the week's much more difficult for me, workwise.

The other point that yanks my crank is that MINI seem to be making next to no effort to accommodate factory visits these days - if I remember correctly, last time there were limited times available and there was also a price increase. Not very welcoming for folks who, collectively, must have spent hundred of thousands on the product we're now expected to bend over backwards to see being built. It sticks in the throat a bit that we're having to go out of our way to participate in what is, effectively, a MINI PR Exercise. I can remember when they were only too keen to get us 'Enthusiasts' through the door while we were establishing the brand on the street to help it become the global entity is is now. The Bean-Counters at MINI, it seems, have shorter and more selective memories.

I realise this is completely out of our hands, but to be honest, I'd rather do a Saturday Prodrive Tour and forget the MINI Tour altogether - at least I'd probably feel welcome at Prodrive.

MINIme:)
11th January 2012, 03:04 PM
I like the idea A LOT (and motorway driving is more my level!) But I am not able to commit at this point. So a hand show of interest, if I may. :bye:
Are these both Oxford?

Mini William - what is MU?

ELFMAN
11th January 2012, 03:20 PM
I like the idea A LOT (and motorway driving is more my level!) But I am not able to commit at this point. So a hand show of interest, if I may. :bye:Are these both Oxford?Mini William - what is MU?BIG 'MINI UNITED' meeting methinks... (I'm not William though :smilewinkgrin: ... yet)

"motorway driving is more my level!" :ragin: :hand: Come on Joanna - stop putting yourself down. If you THINK like that, you'll DRIVE like that! :idunno: Be confident - Be MINIme! :thumbs up: :motoring:

euan
11th January 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm a tentative at this stage, but would only be up for the Prodrive tour (as I don't live far away from there) and won't be able to get the time off for the Friday. So if you end up being short of numbers for prodrive I'd be keen to come along. Also seen enough factory tours recently at Land Rover to know how it all happens.

It's also a short week that week as it's a bank holiday on the Monday in case people haven't realised.

MINI William
11th January 2012, 04:29 PM
I like the idea A LOT (and motorway driving is more my level!) But I am not able to commit at this point. So a hand show of interest, if I may. :bye:
Are these both Oxford?

Mini William - what is MU?

BIG 'MINI UNITED' meeting methinks... (I'm not William though :smilewinkgrin: ... yet)

"motorway driving is more my level!" :ragin: :hand: Come on Joanna - stop putting yourself down. If you THINK like that, you'll DRIVE like that! :idunno: Be confident - Be MINIme! :thumbs up: :motoring:

As Euan says MINI United its basically a huge MINI party that is being held at circuit Paul Ricard in France. To answer your other question the MINI plant is in Oxford and Prodrive is not far up the motorway

GCA3N
11th January 2012, 05:26 PM
Like you Joanna I cannot 100% commit but I'm gonna give a big try. You'll be fine and btw with my latest points to my licence I shall be keeping to every speed limit on the up and coming runs......as always.

Burple
11th January 2012, 06:13 PM
Andy.. Nice one! Just checked with the good lady... and we should be fine that weekend, so put me and Fi down please!!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2012, 06:38 PM
I'm just home from work and had a chance to update the thread.

All those who have said "yes, naw, mebbie" are now reflected in the first post. If I've missed someone or incorrectly placed anyone in a list, please let me know.

I understand a couple of folk wanting just a Prodrive weekend tour. But my own thoughts are that it's been 2 years since a MINI tour and if we're going that distance (personally) I'd want more for the time. It's not practical to drive down, do a tour and drive back. So if an overnight stay is required, we might as well make use of day two by hitting MINI again.

I'm fairly sure the Roadster is manufactured at Oxford along with the hatch, convertible and coupe. Only the Countryman is made in Germany. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.

A.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2012, 06:46 PM
I can remember when they were only too keen to get us 'Enthusiasts' through the door while we were establishing the brand on the street to help it become the global entity is is now. The Bean-Counters at MINI, it seems, have shorter and more selective memories.

Euan, I totally agree with you.:ragin:

I remember back on Craig's first organised plant tour, Ulrika was so accommodating and helpful and flexible - nobody read anything in to that :blush: - but now like you say, it seems like the bean counters are saying, "hey, we don't need these tours any more, but we've started them now so we need to continue but let's make it as difficult as possible.":ragin::ragin:

I would say that our first plant tour weekend was simply the most fun we've had on a MINI trip. The drive down, the tour, then the next day touring round some of Middle England's awesome roads, up to York and home on the Sunday - all spent in the company of great friends with hilarious banter. I can honestly say no trip has come close.

MINI William
11th January 2012, 06:54 PM
I'm just home from work and had a chance to update the thread.All those who have said "yes, naw, mebbie" are now reflected in the first post. If I've missed someone or incorrectly placed anyone in a list, please let me know.I understand a couple of folk wanting just a Prodrive weekend tour. But my own thoughts are that it's been 2 years since a MINI tour and if we're going that distance (personally) I'd want more for the time. It's not practical to drive down, do a tour and drive back. So if an overnight stay is required, we might as well make use of day two by hitting MINI again.I'm fairly sure the Roadster is manufactured at Oxford along with the hatch, convertible and coupe. Only the Countryman is made in Germany. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.A.:thumbs up:The Countryman is made in Austria by Magna Steyr :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
11th January 2012, 07:11 PM
I would say that our first plant tour weekend was simply the most fun we've had on a MINI trip. The drive down, the tour, then the next day touring round some of Middle England's awesome roads, up to York and home on the Sunday - all spent in the company of great friends with hilarious banter. I can honestly say no trip has come close.

Aye the drunk spiderman at night followed by the buttertubs pass the following day - what a weekend ;) :lol:

stoney
11th January 2012, 07:23 PM
Well as others have said would like to do pro drive but don't think I will do mini could just make a weekend of it and do a lakes tour on the way back instead of the mini plant
But some thing tells me I have a show on the weekend before at himley hall
ok edit i do have a show the weekend before so wont make it on those dates :(

1 WEEK 1 DAY OFF THE FAGS :)

11th January 2012, 07:40 PM

I'm not putting myself down. I PREFER that kind of driving. I've never been a fan of twisty narrow roads, ever. I like to see what's coming further ahead. That is me.

PS I REALLY want to go to the MINI plant as I've never been. That's the main draw for me.

bodyshop23
11th January 2012, 08:23 PM
Hi
Can you please add myself plus one for this trip.
Bodyshop23(Martin) and Harrythedog(James)
Thanks

Mini Ecosse
11th January 2012, 10:25 PM
Please put us down as a maybe. Waiting on date for Ally to have op on other knee.

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2012, 10:31 PM
Hi
Can you please add myself plus one for this trip.
Bodyshop23(Martin) and Harrythedog(James)
Thanks

Thats you both added.

Please put us down as a maybe. Waiting on date for Ally to have op on other knee.

That's you guys added to the mebbie list.

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2012, 11:48 PM
So I'll give a show of hands! Either driving or going passenger. Just trying to balance it all out as thats me saying I’m going on and that’s just Mini trips…..

Fife Fryer 2012 - Sunday 4th March

Perthshire Run - Sunday 20th May

June 23rd HT………

Sorry Stewart, I suggested May for a Perthshire run as I thought this was in April.
If this run is on Im happy to look at doing the Perthshire another weekend to avoid the close dates

Duncan Stewart
11th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Sounds like a great run :cool:
Still interested and so is my mate Colin, but we are looking at going to the Monaco historic GP that weekend so just a maybe for us just now, thanks

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2012, 11:57 PM
Sounds like a great run :cool:
Still interested and so is my mate Colin, but we are looking at going to the Monaco historic GP that weekend so just a maybe for us just now, thanks

That's you on the "mebbie" list for now Duncan.

A.

12th January 2012, 12:12 AM
GREIG,

we might need to elevate from 'maybe' to 'yes' before it fills up... :blink: :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
12th January 2012, 12:37 AM
Let's try and keep this thread on topic :Whistle:

ELFMAN
12th January 2012, 09:35 AM
I'm not putting myself down. I PREFER that kind of driving. I've never been a fan of twisty narrow roads, ever. I like to see what's coming further ahead. That is me.
PS I REALLY want to go to the MINI plant as I've never been. That's the main draw for me.

:off topic: Apologies Joanna, no offence meant. Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks. Please don't punch me!
One of the main reasons I've been in MINIs since 2001 is the very fact that they're SO GOOD on twisty narrow roads... but that's ME! :smilewinkgrin: :motoring:

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2012, 02:17 PM
looks like Monaco is off for us due to the girls not being able to get the time off work :sad:

BUT - that means Colin and I are free to do the factory tours :yes nod: so can you add Colin and Me to the definite list please :thumbs up:

Colin has a scoobie with all the prodrive toys so will love this

GCA3N
12th January 2012, 02:31 PM

err am I not getting to go......

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 02:41 PM
err am I not getting to go......

You were in the "mebbie" list because you couldn't commit. And after trying to figure out yours and Joanna's conversation, I'm still not sure who's going. I'll put you both down as confirmed, but can you please let me know if it's one car, two cars or if you're sharing.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 02:45 PM
OK Folks, thread updated with the "aye's and naw's".

Duncan Stewart, can you confirm it's you and Helen? And can you confirm if your mate Colin is just him or is he a "plus 1"?

I've also stripped out the off topic stuff. Please try and keep on topic in a run thread. Ta.

A.

12th January 2012, 03:16 PM
I am going. I am happy to car share with Greig. If something comes up later down the line and he can't go I can take my own car.

GCA3N
12th January 2012, 04:07 PM
You were in the "mebbie" list because you couldn't commit. And after trying to figure out yours and Joanna's conversation, I'm still not sure who's going. I'll put you both down as confirmed, but can you please let me know if it's one car, two cars or if you're sharing.

A.

I said yes in page 1 post 4 of this thread Mr P, I am not sure where the confusion arose over me going. The only mabbie was if our joanna was coming....:p Anyway I am defo going and I beleive I have one passenger now. :D

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 04:27 PM

Like you Joanna I cannot 100% commit but I'm gonna give a big try. You'll be fine and btw with my latest points to my licence I shall be keeping to every speed limit on the up and coming runs......as always.

I said yes in page 1 post 4 of this thread Mr P, I am not sure where the confusion arose over me going. The only mabbie was if our joanna was coming....:p Anyway I am defo going and I beleive I have one passenger now. :D

And then you said you can't commit 100% in post 11. :idunno:

You know how easy confused I am Greig. :moonie:

I'll amend the first post. Thanks for the clarification.:thumbs up:

A.:D

GCA3N
12th January 2012, 04:45 PM
Not as easily confused as I get obviously :D Cheers Mate :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
12th January 2012, 05:01 PM
Andy, just to confuse you even more (if t'were possible), been thinking and I have a feeling I'd REALLY kick myself if I missed the PRODRIVE TOUR as I'll never do it if not with NMS.

Put me down for this please, and for the MINI Factory Tour, as although I have certain 'issues' with this, I don't want to be hanging about the hotel like a sad case (and I can get some more Welding Tips - not tips on welding - the actual wee metal bits from the end of the welders... for my collection. "Four Candles? No, Handles for Forks!").

I'll also get to "Do" the M6 Toll again - this time with the Traction Control switched off :argh: :smilewinkgrin: ('Bucket List' #218)

I'll just have to try to re-organise things at work/home etc etc.

Stewart
12th January 2012, 05:11 PM
Well in that Case Euan can I go half's on jungle juice and put up with your heavy metal….;)? I was just thinking on the HT I’m as happy as a pig in muck as its Scotland and its twisty and its interesting round every bend but this is a mostly M-Way blast and thinking its one of the few runs were that actual destinations tours are the main thing over the drive.

I know your hanging on for Kylie to go!:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
12th January 2012, 05:42 PM
That would be fine Stewart - and if you get fed up with Hendrix, Zeppelin and my gibberish, I'll swap you for a Joanna at one of the Service Stops!

TBH, I usually don't have any music on in the 'Twisties' as it interferes with the 'Stage Times', but on a long M/Way journey, I'll be happy with a blether and a some decent tunes in the background! An extra pair of eyes is never a bad thing either, as I've always done the Factory Tour journeys on my own.

By the way, if Kylie can make it this year, you're TOAST.

MINI William
12th January 2012, 05:53 PM
Andy, just to confuse you even more (if t'were possible), been thinking and I have a feeling I'd REALLY kick myself if I missed the PRODRIVE TOUR as I'll never do it if not with NMS.

Put me down for this please, and for the MINI Factory Tour, as although I have certain 'issues' with this, I don't want to be hanging about the hotel like a sad case (and I can get some more Welding Tips - not tips on welding - the actual wee metal bits from the end of the welders... for my collection. "Four Candles? No, Handles for Forks!").

I'll also get to "Do" the M6 Toll again - this time with the Traction Control switched off :argh: :smilewinkgrin: ('Bucket List' #218)

I'll just have to try to re-organise things at work/home etc etc.

Well Done Euan would have been sad not to have you there

Stewart
12th January 2012, 06:14 PM
[I]That would be fine Stewart - and if you get fed up with Hendrix, Zeppelin and my gibberish, I'll swap you for a Joanna at one of the Service Stops!

By the way, if Kylie can make it this year, you're TOAST.

Sorted! :thumbs up:

Cheers for that and if Kylie gets back to you I totally understand, but she has never wanted to go on the Highland Tours:sad:. I think she and her hot pants just don’t share the MINI love! I’ve always gone with the rule if its your car its your Music, I’d not wish my taste in 80’s Early 90’s on anyone’s journey. To be fair you can educate me in the Classics that I’ve never listened too.

Your just not allowed to say how close we are to Duxford by the way!!!!:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 06:45 PM
Put me down for this please, and for the MINI Factory Tour...

That's you listed as going with Stewart riding shotgun. Glad you've been able to move things around. Good man.:thumbs up::thumbs up: I'll try and remind you on approach to the Tolls to switch TC off and wind yer windaes down. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
12th January 2012, 10:22 PM
OK Folks, thread updated with the "aye's and naw's".

Duncan Stewart, can you confirm it's you and Helen? And can you confirm if your mate Colin is just him or is he a "plus 1"?

A.

Just me and Colin thanks, in the one car

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 10:23 PM
Just me and Colin thanks, in the one car

OK Ta.:thumbs up:

weefossy
12th January 2012, 10:32 PM
Andy, can you add Mom and I to the list please. Lots of "brownie points" to you for taking this over from Craig.
That's now 3 big trips in the Mini within a 6 week period......Yes!!!

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Andy, can you add Mom and I to the list please. Lots of "brownie points" to you for taking this over from Craig.
That's now 3 big trips in the Mini within a 6 week period......Yes!!!

Will do Malcolm. Really pleased you're able to make it.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Mind and get mom to pack the chuck-waggon full of goodies, cakes, rolls, soup, tea, hog roasts, pigs-in-blanket, roast beef, sliced chicken, branston pickle, mature cheddar and fresh prawns in a marie rose sauce. :yes nod:

Neil - TXJ
12th January 2012, 10:36 PM
Can you put me down please. Not done either before so should be good.

I am also more than happy to take Kyle if she can make it so Stewart can go with Euan.

Craig
12th January 2012, 10:38 PM
Now very sad :frown: I hate missing a great road trip, especially with an overnighter with a pub involved .....

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 10:39 PM
Fast approaching sell out capacity on this folks. Those who are wavering 'will-I-or-won't-I', time to commit! :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 10:40 PM
Can you put me down please. Not done either before so should be good.

I am also more than happy to take Kyle if she can make it so Stewart can go with Euan.

Will do Trigger. Notwithstanding Ms Minogue's availability, is it just you or are you a +1?

A.

Neil - TXJ
12th January 2012, 10:42 PM
Will do Trigger. Notwithstanding Ms Minogue's availability, is it just you or are you a +1?

A.

Just me. Would love to bring Tom but he is in school.

AndyP & Lenore
12th January 2012, 10:53 PM
Just me. Would love to bring Tom but he is in school.

Educational trip? Hint hint... :smilewinkgrin:

He'd probably learn more about industrial production and bespoke automotive engineering in these two trips than he'd learn in a whole week at Gala academy.:thud:

GCA3N
13th January 2012, 06:52 AM
This run is missing something....come on Craig:smilewinkgrin:
Andy when do you want stuff paid for the tours and are we all going to try and get the same hotel? if so any ideas so we can get booked up early?

Mini Ecosse
13th January 2012, 09:08 AM
Change from a "maybe" to a "NO GO".:sad:
Ally not seeing surgeon about second knee op till 6th March, so op may have been done by May and if so will not be in mini for a few weeks.
This will free up a place for someone else.

MINI William
13th January 2012, 10:14 AM
This run is missing something....come on Craig:smilewinkgrin:
Andy when do you want stuff paid for the tours and are we all going to try and get the same hotel? if so any ideas so we can get booked up early?

Greig usally we are in the same hotel. I dont know what Andys plans are but are we possibly better to book the usal hotel we stay at so its alot easier on the Friday morning for heading to the factory ?

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 10:49 AM
Ally not seeing surgeon about second knee op till 6th March, so op may have been done by May and if so will not be in mini for a few weeks.

Sorry to hear that Stephen. :sad:

If Allyson's dates change let me know.

A.

ELFMAN
13th January 2012, 10:49 AM
i am also more than happy to take kylie if she can make it so stewart can go with euan.

GERROFF!!! :ragin::argh: :knife: I saw her first. Unfortunately, she saw me too...... :sadangel::thud:

ELFMAN
13th January 2012, 10:51 AM
Well Done Euan would have been sad not to have you there

You're just saying that 'cos I make you look handsome and clever :hand:

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:02 AM
First post updated with payment and hotel suggestions. Summarised:

Hold off on payment for now.
Book the premier inn Oxford providing it can be cancelled without penalty

A.

Craig
13th January 2012, 11:12 AM
Hotel details on first post now. Also as Andy says, make sure it's says "can be cancelled up to ??? on day of arrival" so that if mini can't do that date you won't loose money ;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:18 AM
Hotel details on first post now. Also as Andy says, make sure it's says "can be cancelled up to ??? on day of arrival" so that if mini can't do that date you won't loose money ;)

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

ELFMAN
13th January 2012, 11:21 AM

:sad: That's a shame folks - fingers crossed for Ally :thumbs up: One of my 'Resolutions' for 2012 is to try to avoid hospitals...

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:24 AM
Just so folk know..

Our local doggy sitters are away in their caravan the week of this run so Tili is coming with us. So we can't stay at that Premier Inn. We'll be staying at a nearby Travellodge (who do allow dogs). Doesn't make any difference to you guys, but thought I should let you know.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:26 AM
One of my 'Resolutions' for 2012 is to try to avoid hospitals...

Amen to THAT!!!! :yes nod:

A. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
13th January 2012, 12:51 PM
Andy can I ask which travelodge you are using, as the rates seem alot cheaper. it's £79 for the premier inn and £56 for the travelodge, infact £39 if you take non-refundable.

Stewart
13th January 2012, 01:52 PM
I like your thinking. £39 over £79 wins in my book...:thumbs up:I could go Holiday Inn for free as my sister has a card she builds up points that never gets used. But happy to go with what Euan is doing.

There is a lodge about nine miles away and it has a Holiday inn right next to it and i mean right next to it with a few other things like a shell station and burger king. Although I'm looking at it as the best of both worlds. The cheaper lodge is right next to the more expensive Inn so I could live it up and still be with the masses.....;)

Travelodge‎
Peartree Roundabout
Woodstock Rd, Oxford OX2 8JZ
0871 984 6206

£90▼Holiday Inn Hotel Oxford‎
Holiday Inn Peartree Roundabout
Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 8JD
0871 942 9086

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=oxford+travelodge&hl=en&ll=51.79666,-1.281366&spn=0.010285,0.01929&sll=51.750627,-1.211929&sspn=0.041181,0.077162&vpsrc=6&gl=uk&hq=travelodge&hnear=Oxford,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

ELFMAN
13th January 2012, 02:16 PM
:scratch: Just a thought (you'll hear the cogs grinding...) I know we always stay in the Premier in Oxford, which I have always found fine, but as we're visiting PRODRIVE on the Thursday evening, are the above hotels nearer Prodrive? In which case, it might make sense to base ourselves there...? £39 and closer to where we're going would seem to make sense.

The main thing for ME is, I'd much prefer it if we're all together in the same hotel, rather than everyone scattered across the countryside, which would curtail our usual banter and fun somewhat! If it comes down to it, I'd rather pay a bit more and be with the gang than save a few quid and miss the company.

Stewart
13th January 2012, 02:41 PM
Euan the ones I put up above are nine miles from BMW Oxford, so in that respect are nine miles closer to Pro drive I take it for the evening drive down. Anywhere is fine and I’d rather be in the group as well.

Andy P is heading to a Travelodge to accommodate his white fluffy thing. It’s just a pity the Holiday Inn is not better priced as by the looks of it over the £100 for a room to that of the Lodge next door of around £40. it's £79 for the premier inn walking distance Oxford BMW.

Got to think about the others like Mum & Dad who like there comfort:smilewinkgrin:

Shame Rob and Mrs stone are not on the list, it just seems wrong without a GP....

13th January 2012, 03:06 PM
I don't mind where I stay at all so will just go with what my JCW chauffeur fancies :thumbs up: Don't often go away other than overnight for work so don't mind treating myself to more expensive place. Might be my only holiday this year, you never know! I'm easy osey on this. :yes nod: as long as I get a shower and a non smoking room

Greig, if you come to a specific decision and go to book can you just give me a wee shout first. Be handy if we book at the same time, keep everything nice and simple. :smilewinkgrin:

The more momentum gathers with this trip the more excited I am :excited:

GCA3N
13th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Will do Joanna, I'll see what the masses do then book Jo. :o)

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 04:19 PM
Busy with loads of jobs on at home just now so I don't have time to do a more informed reply, but I will later - promise.

Priorities I would agree are that (you guys) are all in the same hotel - providing everyone is happy with that hotel. But it would be nice to get a hotel which has a bar/restaurant attached or near by so the usual evening banter can be had in the evening.

I had thought that Oxford (reasonably close to the plant) is the better option rather than staying up at Prodrive area, mainly to avoid the worry of clogged motorways and rush our traffic in the morning. Just one less thing to factor in.

Don't worry about Lenore and I and where we are staying, we are the awkward ones with the dog, so we'll travel to wherever you are all staying for the evening get-together.

A.

ELFMAN
13th January 2012, 04:47 PM
I had thought that Oxford (reasonably close to the plant) is the better option rather than staying up at Prodrive area, mainly to avoid the worry of clogged motorways and rush our traffic in the morning. Just one less thing to factor in.

Very good point Andy, there is a Premier Inn in Banbury (www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BANWOB/banbury (http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BANWOB/banbury)) but as you've rightly pointed out, it will be easier to get to Banbury and back in the evening than it is to get to Oxford in the morning. I was forgetting it'll be FRIDAY morning with all the attandant rush-hour hassles. I reckon I might just go for our 'usual' hang-out at the Premier Inn, Oxford, minutes from the factory, but being a Democratic little s*d, I'll go where the party is!

13th January 2012, 10:20 PM
Will do Joanna, I'll see what the masses do then book Jo. :o)

:clap: :excited:

dead excited about this trip! Thanks for all your efforts Andy.

stoney
13th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Shame Rob and Mrs stone are not on the list, it just seems wrong without a GP....

I would have loved to come but I have all ready booked
To go to himley hall show with the
Gp club on the Sunday before so it would Be over 1200 miles in under a week !!! My bank balance won't allow me to do that let alown get time
Off work as I am supper busy the now I would have loved to do pro drive and the banter is always good Oxford was my very first mini run !!

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:00 PM
Hotels: Bearing in mind I can't book the MINI plant tour for another couple of weeks, we won't be booking a hotel until the MINI plant tour is booked. When we do book, it will be here:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=60

It's nice and cheap but more importantly it looks a bit nicer than the other Travelodge in Oxford.

It's entirely up to everyone else where you want to book.

The premier inn near the plant has obvious advantages learned from previous trips; the bar and restaurant are quite nice for meals, breakfast and the bar banter in the evening. But it does seem a bit pricey this time round.

I don't feel comfortable dictating where everyone should stay so feel free to discus the issue further within this thread. If anyone books anything before the MINI Plant tour is confirmed I'd strongly recommend it's refundable.

A.

13th January 2012, 11:22 PM
we could at least check if the hotel currently has enough availability, even if not booking yet :thumbs up: in case there's some big conference on nearby or something.

Neil - TXJ
13th January 2012, 11:36 PM
I won't do anything until confirmed but my preference would be to be as near the plant as possible particularly as it sounds like we know it is decent hotel. Appreciate a bit more so will go with the majority.

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2012, 11:44 PM
:clap: :excited:

dead excited about this trip! Thanks for all your efforts Andy.

No problem Joanna.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

You're right to be excited. It's always an epic journey with great banter. I'm looking forward to the Prodrive tour, but TBH, I LOVE the MINI plant tour. It always absolutely fascinates me the way it all comes together.:thumbs up:

GCA3N
14th January 2012, 06:57 AM
Agreed with Jo, good on you Andy for all the efforts they are much appreciated.

Now you have said about the other hotel with the bar etc I think the extra cost is worth it.

14th January 2012, 07:07 AM
:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
14th January 2012, 04:56 PM
Andy, thanks for the work you're doing on this thread.

I'd be perfectly happy with the Travelodge you've flagged up. It doesn't have to be posh as long as its clean, and it's just for one night. I see there's a 'Group Booking' option, which might save a few more pennies... if we could get everyone together on this, it might be worth a punt?

BUT... having read some of the posts, do I gather that the Travelodge doesn't have the same facilities (Bar for meals, banter etc), or have I picked this up wrong? If that's the case I'd rather pay that bit extra and go to our usual gaff next to the MINI plant. The only fly in that ointment is that you and Lenore can't get in their with your pooch...

Stewart
14th January 2012, 06:25 PM
I think the lodge will be just cheap and cheerful and sometimes that’s all you want if you’re not in a group. The second HT was lucky in Inverness (Travel Lodge) that it had a Golf club that had a great comfy bar and seating area anyone could use and was right next to it and done breakfast as well, so it all worked out.

I was not there the last time but as the others suggest the hotel right next to the plant has a place for meals and a sit down and chat.

GCA3N
14th January 2012, 08:14 PM
I'd rather pay that bit extra and go to our usual gaff next to the MINI plant. The only fly in that ointment is that you and Lenore can't get in their with your pooch...

+1

Duncan Stewart
14th January 2012, 10:21 PM
I'm afraid I won't stay at a travel lodge - had too many bad experiences with them in the past were the cheap prices tempted me to try them again :argh:
But happy to drive to were the majority are staying for the social side and stay off the booze :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2012, 11:10 PM
The Premier Inn next to the MINI factory is not really walking distance from the factory. I guess it is, but you wouldn't want to as there are a few very busy roads between them. And the factory has masses of parking anyway, so there's really no need to.

As I said earlier, please don't worry about Lenore and I NOT being in the same hotel as the rest of you. We WILL come to whatever hotel you are all at for the evening chat/banter and then head back to our hotel for sleepies. Then we'll come down in the morning and meet up again before heading round to the factory. And we'll be back in the morning for brekkies as they do a really nice buffet breakfast there.

I really think we should ALL wait until the MINI tour is booked because if that goes pear shaped - for whatever reason, the whole hotel thing (in Oxford) becomes pointless.

Andy.

AndyP & Lenore
14th January 2012, 11:12 PM
I'm afraid I won't stay at a travel lodge - had too many bad experiences with them in the past were the cheap prices tempted me to try them again :argh:
But happy to drive to were the majority are staying for the social side and stay off the booze :thumbs up:

Duncan, the "social" side will likely be at the hotel you will want to stay at - same as previous visits when you've been - the Premier Inn in Oxford. If that's where folk decide to stay. More detailed post above.

A.

Stewart
16th January 2012, 12:02 AM
Premier Inn it looks like then....I'm going to wait till the Mini part is booked all the same.

16th January 2012, 12:17 AM
what date is it that you can book the mini bit? I am looking forward to getting this booked up and being able to book the leave from work ;) :excited:

as pointed out by some other clever person earlier, the start of that week is a wee bank holiday so I might go mental and take the whole week off. :dance:

AndyP & Lenore
16th January 2012, 12:23 AM
what date is it that you can book the mini bit? I am looking forward to getting this booked up and being able to book the leave from work ;) :excited:

as pointed out by some other clever person earlier, the start of that week is a wee bank holiday so I might go mental and take the whole week off. :dance:

Joanna, MINI are being impossibly vague about this. But it looks like I should be able to book the MINI tour by the end of January. I'll start chasing them on the 24th.

A.

16th January 2012, 12:33 AM
That's not very helpful of them. Would they be more amenable if they were offered payment or a deposit in advance I wonder?

AndyP & Lenore
16th January 2012, 12:48 AM
Would they be more amenable if they were offered payment or a deposit in advance I wonder?

It's not a money thing Joanna. They only book tours as far ahead as they know they have car builds scheduled. No point doing a tour if the factory is closed.

A.

ELFMAN
16th January 2012, 03:34 PM
It's not a money thing Joanna. They only book tours as far ahead as they know they have car builds scheduled. No point doing a tour if the factory is closed.
A.
In fact, it's the only 'MINI thing' you CAN'T get by throwing money at it... :laugh:

Although Andy, if I remember rightly, there was a Tour which unfortunately coincided with a factory TEA BREAK... and we didn't even get a CUPPA! :frown: So sometimes it all grinds to a halt halfway through - not that I want to worry anybody! :sad: Just bring a flask :thumbs up:

17th January 2012, 01:15 AM
If the mini plant can't happen will the whole trip be cancelled?

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 01:47 AM
I don't see why it would have to be. It may change day because there's no point going down on a Thursday if there's no need.

But, enough of your negative waves Joanna.:hand: Think positive and it will be. :smilewinkgrin:

A. :D

17th January 2012, 10:52 AM
no negativity from my direction! I was going to suggest coming back the long way instead or something. how about coming back via mini united :lol: only a wee detour!

Coreygraham180
17th January 2012, 04:10 PM
Northern are doing a Factory Tour I think the plan is for April, so the tours are obviously going ahead. I was reading a few posts about there last visit and everyone enjoyed it. Did not want to say Yeah NMS are doing it as well in May with a Prodrive visit just in case they thought it was a good idea as well and Pro drive had a limited window when the Mini’s were in….:hand:

Joanna getting Greig and Euan to kindly let us ride shotgun to Oxford is one thing, but a Euro blast might be pushing it.:smilewinkgrin: It would be amazingly good fun…. Stelvio Pass anyone….maybe for another year. Anyway I’d be kicking myself if I was passenger on that road…:thumbs up:

http://deadlyshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Stelvio-Pass-Italy.jpg

i would deffo like to go there a some point and that has just been added to the bucket list to go there and do that road ;)

with regards to the mini and prodrive plant tour is there still space to put my name down for it ?? both tours please

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 06:50 PM
i would deffo like to go there a some point and that has just been added to the bucket list to go there and do that road ;)

with regards to the mini and prodrive plant tour is there still space to put my name down for it ?? both tours please

That's you on the list:thumbs up:. I've just put you down as a 1 person, please advise if it's you + 1.

Cheers,

Coreygraham180
17th January 2012, 06:54 PM
That's you on the list:thumbs up:. I've just put you down as a 1 person, please advise if it's you + 1.

Cheers,

yeah i just the one all on my tod ...lol

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 06:56 PM
yeah i just the one all on my tod ...lol

No bother, ta.:thumbs up:

A.

Bazthemod
17th January 2012, 08:24 PM
Andy can you add me and Ben for Prodrive... we wont be doing Plant Oxford as we will be getting the train early next day on our way to MINI United.

Craig
17th January 2012, 08:48 PM
Andy can you add me and Ben for Prodrive... we wont be doing Plant Oxford as we will be getting the train early next day on our way to MINI United.

Done Baz ;)

Ok folks, that's the allocation used up (although there are 3 spaces for the mini tour). So as Andy has asked, please update the thread should your circumstances change so someone else can get the opportunity to go :thumbs up:

GCA3N
17th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Nice one baz. :o) I presume you lads will be joining us all for light refreshments in the bar ?

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 08:51 PM
Craig, thanks for adding Ben and Baz to the main list.:computer:

OK Folks. This run is now FULL.;thud: There are still two places left for the MINI tour, but the Prodrive tour is full.

Anyone else wanting to go, I'll add your names to the reserve list.

Many thanks for the support from NMS members old and new:thumbs up:. Good to see there's life in the old bird yet.:thumbs up:

A.:D:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 08:53 PM
Done Baz ;)

Ok folks, that's the allocation used up (although there are 3 spaces for the mini tour). So as Andy has asked, please update the thread should your circumstances change so someone else can get the opportunity to go :thumbs up:

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Great minds think alike.

Zimbo is saying he's not going on the MINI tour, but I'm fairly sure we can persuade him nearer the time, so I was only leaving two spaces on the MINI tour for now. Unless my arithmetic is all wrong.:confused:

A.

GCA3N
17th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Brillaint news Andy, very excited, never been on the mini tour and looking forward to the old and new team on tour, should be a belter.

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 08:59 PM
Brillaint news Andy, very excited, never been on the mini tour and looking forward to the old and new team on tour, should be a belter.

And like a proud parent who's seen it all before, I'll be standing back watching all the new kids eyes light up with awe and wonder when you see how it all happens.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Not that I've seen the Prodrive tour. For that one, I'll be pushing and shoving to get to the front throwing everyone out of my way. :lol:

Very very very excited about this now. :yes nod:

Bazthemod
17th January 2012, 09:32 PM
Nice one baz. :o) I presume you lads will be joining us all for light refreshments in the bar ?

Sure we can stick around for a bit... then bomb down to hotel in Folkestone ready for an early shuttle the next day to Calais

Craig
17th January 2012, 09:49 PM
I make it Elfman baz and Ben not doing mini which is 3? (says on the front page that Elfman is only prodrive) ?!?!?!?!?

AndyP & Lenore
17th January 2012, 10:18 PM
I make it Elfman baz and Ben not doing mini which is 3? (says on the front page that Elfman is only prodrive) ?!?!?!?!?

That's euan as in this euan... http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?64-euan He was a "maybe" for the Prodrive tour only. But now it's full, he's SOL.

I'll send Zimbo a PM asking if he's doing the MINI tour or not.

A.

Stewart
17th January 2012, 11:07 PM
The Elfman Come'ith!!!!!:

I getting a lift:thumbs up: Plus he's wanting to wear that T-shirt in the MINI Factory " I remember when Mini Cared!" :smilewinkgrin:

Good to see Baz and Ben onboard

ELFMAN
18th January 2012, 09:30 AM
Put me down for this please, and for the MINI Factory Tour, as although I have certain 'issues' with this, I don't want to be hanging about the hotel like a sad case

I'm down for the MINI factory tour too! - check above post from 12th Jan.

zimbo
18th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Craig put me down for both tours mate... :yes nod:

Craig
18th January 2012, 07:43 PM
Craig put me down for both tours mate... :yes nod:

Done Ali. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
19th January 2012, 02:27 PM
OK Big Man - I see I'm still down as just Prodrive - def doing MINI too.

BTW, I have a 'Special' Birthday this year, so what do I get? A Prodrive WRC Carbon Zimmer? :frown:

Craig
19th January 2012, 02:29 PM
I see I'm still down as just Prodrive... def doing MINI too.

Nope your down for both ;). It's another euan that is prodrive only as a poss ;)

19th January 2012, 02:32 PM
Craig beat me to it... chill out Elfman you're not missed off.
too many Euans and Ewans on here!

But only one Joanna :smilewinkgrin:

ps still really excited...will likely be unbearable by the time we go. My taxi driver may have to drug me to keep me quiet.

ELFMAN
19th January 2012, 03:18 PM
Craig beat me to it... chill out Elfman you're not missed off.
too many Euans and Ewans on here!

But only one Joanna :smilewinkgrin: ps still really excited...will likely be unbearable by the time we go. My taxi driver may have to drug me to keep me quiet.

Sorry Craig, Joanna and Other Euan, missed a gear there! We're going to do our answer to 'The Simpsons' - 'The Euans' Dooooooohhhhhhhhhh! :argh:

OK "There Can Be Only One" Very Excited Joanna, you can have your very own NMS Football Chant... "One Joanna, there's only one Joanna..." :smug:

Note to Greig: I don't think Joanna's actually giving you permission to administer pharmaceutical materials on the way to Oxford. :hand: That's apparently illegal.
Can I make it clear that Stewart will only be getting a few Werther's Originals, which have litle or no Narcotic Content.

euan
20th January 2012, 01:55 PM
That's euan as in this euan... http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?64-euan He was a "maybe" for the Prodrive tour only. But now it's full, he's SOL.

I'll send Zimbo a PM asking if he's doing the MINI tour or not.

A.

What did I miss? Who's nicking my name? :-)

Craig
20th January 2012, 02:00 PM
What did I miss? Who's nicking my name? :-)

Just a mix up between Andy and me making sure we got the numbers right :yes nod:

Coreygraham180
20th January 2012, 11:21 PM
sorry guys i am looking through the posts that have been made and getting a bit confused (not really hard ) as to where everyone it staying ??

sorry if i have missed a really simple thing and i take it there must be some good roads on the way down from some of the posts :D

20th January 2012, 11:25 PM
we aren't booked anywhere yet corey as the mini plant tour is not yet confirmed. But i think the likely plan is a hotel right near the mini plant.

Coreygraham180
21st January 2012, 12:48 AM
we aren't booked anywhere yet corey as the mini plant tour is not yet confirmed. But i think the likely plan is a hotel right near the mini plant.

that's maybe why i was confused then ..doh i thought people had booked and i missed something ...lol

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 07:30 PM
Folks, I've started a new thread for all OFF TOPIC discussion relating to this thread. the last thing I want to do is confuse people with two threads, but there's just too many Off Topic posts in this thread and I'm worried people are going to miss important stuff.

So, this thread is for discussing ON TOPIC issues relating to the tours, the journey south and the hotel organisation. Any off topic posts will either be deleted or moved to the OFF TOPIC thread. Think before you post... If it's to discuss the merits of sucking donut sugar out of the cracks of leather seats please post in the OFF TOPIC thread. If it's specifically relevant to the run down, the tour or the hotel, post it up here.

New Off Topic thread is here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23104-MINI-and-Prodrive-Tour-BANTER-Thread)

Cheers for your understanding and co-operation.

GCA3N
23rd January 2012, 09:06 PM
Folks, I've started a new thread for all OFF TOPIC discussion relating to this thread. the last thing I want to do is confuse people with two threads, but there's just too many Off Topic posts in this thread and I'm worried people are going to miss important stuff.

So, this thread is for discussing ON TOPIC issues relating to the tours, the journey south and the hotel organisation. Any off topic posts will either be deleted or moved to the OFF TOPIC thread. Think before you post... If it's to discuss the merits of sucking donut sugar out of the cracks of leather seats please post in the OFF TOPIC thread. If it's specifically relevant to the run down, the tour or the hotel, post it up here.

New Off Topic thread is here. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23104-MINI-and-Prodrive-Tour-BANTER-Thread)

Cheers for your understanding and co-operation.

:blush:

Gismo
23rd January 2012, 09:33 PM
This thread is dead now :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 09:37 PM
This thread is dead now :Whistle:

Only because there's nothing particularly new to report or discuss that's specifically relevant to the run.

They have their very own banter thread for anything else.:thumbs up:

A.

23rd January 2012, 09:49 PM
Andy did you say you were going to try mini again on the 24th? like tomorrow :popcorn: :excited:

Coreygraham180
23rd January 2012, 10:17 PM
sorry about this but can i have a +1 for me to the mini trip and also add my dad (jim) for the reserve list for the prodrive factory please

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 10:57 PM
Andy did you say you were going to try mini again on the 24th? like tomorrow :popcorn: :excited:

I had planned to email them this week.

Will get an email off to them tomorrow.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd January 2012, 10:57 PM
sorry about this but can i have a +1 for me to the mini trip and also add my dad (jim) for the reserve list for the prodrive factory please

No bother. Will add those in for you.:thumbs up:

A.

GCA3N
1st February 2012, 12:17 AM
Any update on the booking

AndyP & Lenore
1st February 2012, 12:27 AM
Any update on the booking

Yes indeed. Sorry for not posting up earlier, got the following email from MINI a couple of days ago.

Good Morning Andrew,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please call me 93 days before the 11th May, this is when the booking will open. My contact telephone number is **********, I would advise you call me at 08:00.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Elinor

MINI
Plant Oxford
Plant tours

:thud:

I am exasperated at how difficult they are making it for us this time round. BRING BACK ULRIKA!!!

However, I will jump through this hoop and call them on the day they are asking. I make it Thursday 9th February. If I call at 8am on that day and get a message saying she's on annual leave I may just explode.

As soon as I've spoken with them and got it booked, I'll post up immediately.

A.

Craig
1st February 2012, 12:34 AM
It beggars belief how rubbish mini have become at dealing with their biggest fans - the enthusiasts. These are the people who promote their product, buy new cars time after time despite all the issues and still your treated like a number. :frown:

Bring back Ulrika right enough Andy - she at least cared about the clubs and NOTHING was too much trouble ! ;)

1st February 2012, 12:37 AM
this is indeed quite bizarre on their part.

ELFMAN
1st February 2012, 01:10 AM
FFS!!!! :argh: :ragin:

Dear MINI, please rearrange the following words:
a...keeping...in...are...you...job...we :frown:

GCA3N
1st February 2012, 08:58 AM
FFS!!!! :argh: :ragin:

Dear MINI, please rearrange the following words:
a...keeping...in...are...you...job...we :frown:

We are keeping you in a job. Do I win anything. :smilewinkgrin:

Or yoda stylie keeping you in a job we are. :yoda:

ELFMAN
5th February 2012, 02:56 PM
Just read the "MINI to drop Prodrive" thread. Don't like the sound of that at all :frown:

If there's now a chance that the WRC MINIs won't be at Prodrive, I'll have to seriously reconsider if I'm still doing this trip, as the WRC/Prodrive visit was my main reason for going. The factory tour is great, but I've done it three (I think) times, so despite the great company and banter, I'd probably give it a miss and do the Highland Tour as my 'Big NMS Roadtrip' this year.

Seems Factory Tours aren't the only thing BMW can't arrange properly these days... :hand:

AndyP & Lenore
5th February 2012, 03:01 PM
Just read the "MINI to drop Prodrive" thread. Don't like the sound of that at all :frown:

If there's now a chance that the WRC MINIs won't be at Prodrive, I'll have to seriously reconsider if I'm still doing this trip, as the WRC/Prodrive visit was my main reason for going. The factory tour is great, but I've done it three (I think) times, so despite the great company and banter, I'd probably give it a miss and do the Highland Tour as my 'Big NMS Roadtrip' this year.

Seems Factory Tours aren't the only thing BMW can't arrange properly these days... :hand:

Euan I think it's fair to say if Prodrive are NOT doing the WRC MINI's and they won't be at the factory for the tour, the whole trip will be cancelled.:frown:

As soon as I have heard from Prodrive on Monday (hopefully) I'll let you all know the plan.

A.

ELFMAN
5th February 2012, 03:07 PM
Cheers Andy, what a total shame if this falls through. Fingers still crossed!

zimbo
6th February 2012, 12:36 AM

If there's now a chance that the WRC MINIs won't be at Prodrive, I'll have to seriously reconsider if I'm still doing this trip, as the WRC/Prodrive visit was my main reason for going. The factory tour is great, but I've done it three (I think) times, so despite the great company and banter, I'd probably give it a miss.

:hand:

:yes nod: Same here Euan, i've done the factory tour twice maybe 3 times now and my main interest for this trip is PRODRIVE!!!, no ProDrive and NO mini wrc cars then NO ZIMBO :hand:

6th February 2012, 12:40 AM
As Andy said the whole trip would prob be cancelled anyway.

Seems likely that is what will happen now :sad:

GCA3N
6th February 2012, 08:36 AM
:frown:

Neil - TXJ
6th February 2012, 07:03 PM
I think this means Prodrive will still be running Mini's - good news.

-----------------

After Dani Sordo (ES) and Carlos del Barrio (ES) finished second on the return of the brand to the legendary Monte Carlo Rally, the direction has now been set for a long-term MINI presence in the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC): On Thursday 2 February, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) accepted a two-car manufacturer entry by WRC Team MINI Portugal into the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers. As a consequence MINI will complete the homologation for the MINI John Cooper Works WRC. The WRC Team MINI Portugal - consisting of Armindo Araújo (PT) and his co-driver Miguel Ramalho (PT), as well as Paulo Nobre (BR) and co-driver Edu Paula (BR) - will contest the remaining 12 events of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship.

This long-term homologation ensures that the MINI John Cooper Works WRC can be used in the premier league of rallying, and other series in accordance with FIA regulations, up to and including 2018. The cooperation with Prodrive will be put on a new basis. Prodrive remains responsible for the construction and support of MINI John Cooper Works WRC customer vehicles, and will continue to work with the BMW Group on the further development of the car. The WRC Team, run by Prodrive, will from now on start as a works-supported private team.

"I am delighted that the future of MINI in the WRC has been secured on a long-term basis," said Dr. Kay Segler, Senior Vice President MINI Business Coordination and Brand Management. "We remain convinced that the sport of rallying is perfectly suited to our brand. The situation we now find ourselves in means the MINI Motorsport family can, and will, continue to grow on the rally scene. With three podiums from just seven starts in the world championship, the MINI John Cooper Works WRC has already emphatically proven its potential. I am confident that our customer teams around the world will continue to thrill MINI fans with this car over the coming years. The FIA was just as interested in the long-term presence of the MINI brand in the WRC as we were, and was actively involved in finding a constructive solution. We are grateful for the good cooperation and the understanding it has shown us."

Segler added: "With its great enthusiasm and hard work, the Prodrive team has played a major role in the remarkable sporting success we have achieved on our initial outings with the MINI John Cooper Works WRC. On behalf of MINI Motorsport, I would like to thank everyone at Prodrive for their efforts so far and we look forward to working with them in support of our MINI John Cooper Works WRC customers in the future."

MINI William
6th February 2012, 07:55 PM
I think this means Prodrive will still be running Mini's - good news.

-----------------

After Dani Sordo (ES) and Carlos del Barrio (ES) finished second on the return of the brand to the legendary Monte Carlo Rally, the direction has now been set for a long-term MINI presence in the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC): On Thursday 2 February, the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) accepted a two-car manufacturer entry by WRC Team MINI Portugal into the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers. As a consequence MINI will complete the homologation for the MINI John Cooper Works WRC. The WRC Team MINI Portugal - consisting of Armindo Araújo (PT) and his co-driver Miguel Ramalho (PT), as well as Paulo Nobre (BR) and co-driver Edu Paula (BR) - will contest the remaining 12 events of the 2012 FIA World Rally Championship.

This long-term homologation ensures that the MINI John Cooper Works WRC can be used in the premier league of rallying, and other series in accordance with FIA regulations, up to and including 2018. The cooperation with Prodrive will be put on a new basis. Prodrive remains responsible for the construction and support of MINI John Cooper Works WRC customer vehicles, and will continue to work with the BMW Group on the further development of the car. The WRC Team, run by Prodrive, will from now on start as a works-supported private team.

"I am delighted that the future of MINI in the WRC has been secured on a long-term basis," said Dr. Kay Segler, Senior Vice President MINI Business Coordination and Brand Management. "We remain convinced that the sport of rallying is perfectly suited to our brand. The situation we now find ourselves in means the MINI Motorsport family can, and will, continue to grow on the rally scene. With three podiums from just seven starts in the world championship, the MINI John Cooper Works WRC has already emphatically proven its potential. I am confident that our customer teams around the world will continue to thrill MINI fans with this car over the coming years. The FIA was just as interested in the long-term presence of the MINI brand in the WRC as we were, and was actively involved in finding a constructive solution. We are grateful for the good cooperation and the understanding it has shown us."

Segler added: "With its great enthusiasm and hard work, the Prodrive team has played a major role in the remarkable sporting success we have achieved on our initial outings with the MINI John Cooper Works WRC. On behalf of MINI Motorsport, I would like to thank everyone at Prodrive for their efforts so far and we look forward to working with them in support of our MINI John Cooper Works WRC customers in the future."
Fingers crossed Neil

AndyP & Lenore
6th February 2012, 10:22 PM
Cheers for the post Trigger. Look promising. Still waiting to hear from Prodrive directly because I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth than rumouring and speculation in the press.

A.

Stewart
6th February 2012, 10:27 PM
That does sound a bit more promising. Fingers crossed!

MINI William
7th February 2012, 11:04 AM
Just been on MotoringFile and have seen this http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/02/06/mini-officially-takes-over-factory-wrc-team/ . As far as I can see the MINI team have dropped Prodrive and now be ran inhouse by MINI but Prodrive will still being running there own cars in the WRC and still be doing there customer race car programme so we might still have a trip on the go as there will still be rally Countrymans there

ELFMAN
7th February 2012, 01:39 PM
"One thing that won’t change is that Prodrive’s MINI rally team will continue to compete in the WRC with Dani Sordo as it’s number one driver. It will just do so without the backing of MINI.Additionally Prodrive’s involvement in the customer race car program will also continue. That means Produce will still be building rally cars under license from MINI to be sold worldwide."

Looks as if our trip might be back on then... but like Andy, I'll wait till we hear from Prodrive first. The statement sounds promising, but there's a whole lot of BMW 'PR Speak', so who knows? Also might be interesting when Prodrive and Sordo skelp the 'official' WRC Portugal Team in the next few rallies?

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Official word from Prodrive...

Hi Andrew

sorry for the delay in getting back to you I has a day off last week and got rather ill I'm still not 100% but I just can't keep away from this place.

Don't worry about what the magazines are saying we are still building engineering and running the cars the low down is:-

In order to ensure the homologation of the MINI WRC, MINI has agreed with the FIA to nominate MINI Portugal as the manufacturer entry, as only they will be competing in all 13 rounds of the World Rally Championship this year. This leaves us to concentrate on the development of the MINI WRC and to compete in the World Rally Championship as a works-supported WRC Team in as many events as we want.
It's very complicated but we will have cars here in build so don't worry.

So, as far as I'm concerned we're back on track.:thumbs up:

Everybody happy with that?

A.

MINI William
7th February 2012, 06:34 PM

A.

Thumbs up from me. Thats great news. Cant wait to go down now

Craig
7th February 2012, 06:39 PM

A.

No ! :moonie:

Neil - TXJ
7th February 2012, 06:44 PM
Great news. I would probably have been keen even if they weren't doing the Mini's considering Prodrives history but all the better for the Mini being there.

AndyP & Lenore
7th February 2012, 06:51 PM
No ! :moonie:

:idunno:

GCA3N
7th February 2012, 06:52 PM
He's got a plan ;)

bodyshop23
7th February 2012, 06:55 PM

Coreygraham180
7th February 2012, 07:29 PM

A.

Ace very Happy :D

Stewart
7th February 2012, 07:29 PM
That's great the pro-drive got back so quick!

zimbo
7th February 2012, 09:01 PM
:thumbs up: :clap:

ELFMAN
8th February 2012, 01:22 AM
I'm in again! :thumbs up: Nice one Andy and Prodrive!!
:motoring::excited: Stewart pictured when we hit 90 in 3rd leaving the M6 Tollgate - bet there's an unmarked car there this time :hand: :sad:
Just think, if an NMS sticker adds 5bhp (scientifically proven), a Prodrive MINI sticker must be worth at least 12... :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2012, 09:16 AM
MINI PLANT TOUR IS BOOKED!

I would say it is now safe to go ahead and book your hotel rooms.

I would suggest the Premier Inn hotel which is right next to the MINI Plant, but hotel choice is entirely up to you. As I've said before, I won't be staying there because I'll be bringing our dog, but we won't be far away and will travel to that hotel for the evening banter and then again in the morning to pick everyone up and take you round to the MINI plant.

Premier Inn hotel is: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford?DCMP=KNC_D_BND

96 Sleeps. :yawn::yes nod::bigwave::whoohoo::whoohoo::whoohoo:

Coreygraham180
9th February 2012, 09:58 AM
MINI PLANT TOUR IS BOOKED!

I would say it is now safe to go ahead and book your hotel rooms.

I would suggest the Premier Inn hotel which is right next to the MINI Plant, but hotel choice is entirely up to you. As I've said before, I won't be staying there because I'll be bringing our dog, but we won't be far away and will travel to that hotel for the evening banter and then again in the morning to pick everyone up and take you round to the MINI plant.

Premier Inn hotel is: http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford?DCMP=KNC_D_BND

96 Sleeps. :yawn::yes nod::bigwave::whoohoo::whoohoo::whoohoo:

yeeeaaaahhhh awesome cant wait now

ELFMAN
9th February 2012, 12:34 PM
Nice one Andy, thanks for sorting this one out for us :thumbs up: Will now book ASAP.

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2012, 12:35 PM
Could everyone please post up to this thread once you have booked your hotel and state which hotel it is.

Cheers.

A.

9th February 2012, 02:18 PM
Yay! :whoohoo:

Stewart
9th February 2012, 10:58 PM
Premier Inn Booked:thumbs up:

Just a heads up -there is a nice pay when you arrive option, so i take it they will not take the payment just now.

Booking reference
AMBR*******
Hotel
Oxford
Arrival date
May 10, 2012
Departure date
May 11, 2012
Number of nights

AndyP & Lenore
9th February 2012, 11:00 PM
Premier Inn Booked:thumbs up:

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

RobSco
9th February 2012, 11:35 PM
Glad to see the Mini and Prodrive Tours still on for all, you'll all be getting quite excited. Know one person that will certainly be Hyper until then...:lol:

Coreygraham180
10th February 2012, 12:27 AM
thats me booked and deffo getting excited now

Hotel
Oxford
Arrival date
May 10, 2012
Departure date
May 11, 2012
Number of nights
Guest name(s)
Mr Corey Graham

bodyshop23
10th February 2012, 01:38 PM
Premier Inn booked for myself and James(harrythedog).

ELFMAN
10th February 2012, 01:59 PM
That's me booked in to the Premier Inn (Bed AND Breakfast!)

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 02:04 PM
Premier Inn booked for myself and James(harrythedog).

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 02:04 PM
That's me booked in to the Premier Inn (Bed AND Breakfast!)

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 02:06 PM
That's us booked into the Travelodge. £29 for us two and £20 for Tili.:eek:

Gismo
10th February 2012, 02:29 PM
Andy, there is a new user just joined, Corey Grahams father and i'm sure he wants to be added to the list, not sure what stage you are at with the numbers, but, can you provisionally add him to the list or reserves if you have one.

Name = jimzs180

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 03:40 PM
Alan, Corey's dad is already on the list. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
10th February 2012, 04:32 PM
That's us booked into the Travelodge. £29 for us two and £20 for Tili.:eek:

That means I could get about 2.5 Andys and 2.5 Lenores OR 4 Tilis for my Premier Price... Hmmm. Ah well, you can't take it with you.

GCA3N
10th February 2012, 07:12 PM
Sorry folks but been told today I am changing shifts. Means as It stands this is no longer possible :(

I don't want to deprive someone of the chance to go, so please remove me from the list :(

Sorry.

Duncan Stewart
10th February 2012, 07:42 PM
Were booked in the Premier Inn

weefossy
10th February 2012, 07:45 PM
Yaba Daba Doo!!!! Will get hotel booked tonight.

10th February 2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry folks but been told today I am changing shifts. Means as It stands this is no longer possible :(

I don't want to deprive someone of the chance to go, so please remove me from the list :(

Sorry.

:sad: gutted

:sadangel:

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 10:26 PM
Were booked in the Premier Inn

AndyP & Lenore
10th February 2012, 10:28 PM

Sorry.

That's a real shame Greig, if your shifts change again let us know, but we have removed you from the list.:sad:

GCA3N
10th February 2012, 10:59 PM
That's a real shame Greig, if your shifts change again let us know, but we have removed you from the list.:sad:

Cheers Andy appreciated.

Craig
11th February 2012, 12:05 AM
Not great news Greig :frown: know how much you were looking forward to this ;)

11th February 2012, 12:09 AM
without my sidekick I'm not sure if I'll be going either now.

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2012, 12:22 AM
without my sidekick I'm not sure if I'll be going either now.

Sorry to hear that Joanna. I don't really know what to say. Please don't feel you *have* to drop out. But, it's entirely your decision, of course.

A.

weefossy
11th February 2012, 02:31 PM
That's us booked for Premier Inn.

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2012, 07:10 PM
That's us booked for Premier Inn.

Neil - TXJ
11th February 2012, 09:05 PM
Premier Inn booked.

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2012, 09:10 PM
Premier Inn booked.

Forbes
12th February 2012, 12:32 PM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/1321808015861.gif?w=333&h=190

Sadly I won't see you at the bar

ELFMAN
12th February 2012, 07:01 PM
Sorry folks but been told today I am changing shifts. Means as It stands this is no longer possible :( I don't want to deprive someone of the chance to go, so please remove me from the list :( Sorry.

That's rotten Greig...

ELFMAN
12th February 2012, 07:03 PM
:sad: gutted

No chance of hitching a ride elsewhere Joanna? You were really looking forward to going, seems a shame to give up so easily. Come on folks, I'm sure there must be a spare seat somewhere - I could always stick Stewart in the boot if we can get some of Greig's Knock-out medicine :smilewinkgrin:

Forbes
12th February 2012, 07:52 PM
I guess I have a seat on the way down. There is several things to be aware of though:

Most people would not agree with my music choices

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/1312875111055.gif?w=170&h=350

My car is low and loud so by the end this could be you

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/bird_on_wiper.gif?w=301&h=146

It is an R56 recaro though ;)

MINI William
12th February 2012, 09:04 PM
Booked at the Travellodge

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 09:51 PM

William is that all of you booked at the Travelodge or just you and Megan?

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 10:04 PM

William is that all of you booked at the Travelodge or just you and Megan?

S'ok William, Lenore was just proving we don't talk to each other for hours on end some days. :lol: I know it's the 4 of you.

MINI William
12th February 2012, 10:15 PM
S'ok William, Lenore was just proving we don't talk to each other for hours on end some days. :lol: I know it's the 4 of you.

:smilewinkgrin: No problems. I was just about to post up all 4

Stewart
12th February 2012, 10:30 PM
Its a killer I could have a free room at the pear tree Holiday Inn express under a points card that has enough points to go to the moon and back.:argh::argh::argh:

Here I'm i reading this right, is the big man with shorts now coming.

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2012, 11:01 PM
Its a killer I could have a free room at the pear tree Holiday Inn express under a points card that has enough points to go to the moon and back.:argh::argh::argh:

Here I'm i reading this right, is the big man with shorts now coming, if so problem solved with Jo????

So go for the free room! Nae brainer man!

Yes, Mr C is down on the list, but I'm not sure he's 100%.

Craig
12th February 2012, 11:08 PM
Your right Mr P... I'm not 100% that I'm going as I need to find the cash to go but if I can find the cash to go I've already agreed to ride shotgun with Zimbo ;)

As I said I'm trying to make sure I have the money... :thumbs up:

Stewart
12th February 2012, 11:08 PM
I know but I'm shotgun with the Euan.:Whistle:and he's already thinking about me in the Boot as it is:smilewinkgrin:

As I said I'm trying to make sure I have the money... :thumbs up:

Right who needs there car detailed, the man needs Coin.....:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
13th February 2012, 01:28 AM
Re. Freebie Room, Stewart, why not take your car for the run to its Mothership, use the money you'd save on the room for the petrol and have some left over for goodies! Then Joanna can have a choice TWO spare Co-Pilot's seats for a bit of variety!!

ELFMAN
13th February 2012, 01:33 AM
Your right Mr P... I'm not 100% that I'm going as I need to find the cash to go but if I can find the cash to go I've already agreed to ride shotgun with Zimbo ;) As I said I'm trying to make sure I have the money... :thumbs up:

Right, I'm changing my name to 'Bob Geldelf' and organising 'Craig Aid', a huge Musical Automotive Extravaganza to ensure the Big Man's attendance! A Craig-Free Oxford Trip is like a Snickers with no NUTS.

Craig
13th February 2012, 09:14 AM
Right, I'm changing my name to 'Bob Geldelf' and organising 'Craig Aid', a huge Musical Automotive Extravaganza to ensure the Big Man's attendance! A Craig-Free Oxford Trip is like a Snickers with no NUTS.

:blush: cheers Euan, I appreciate the comments.

I've just got a lot on this year and trying to fit it all in (and pay for it!) is challenging to say the least! ;). All being well and with some of my regular valet clients I should be fine. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
13th February 2012, 09:20 AM
:blush: cheers Euan, I appreciate the comments. I've just got a lot on this year and trying to fit it all in (and pay for it!) is challenging to say the least! ;). All being well and with some of my regular valet clients I should be fine. :thumbs up:

No problem Craig, life's so full of stuff to deal with, financially and otherwise, that it takes a bit of juggling to get things to work out - and we can't always manage it. Fingers crossed anyway!

stoney
13th February 2012, 10:56 PM
This wouldn't be fair on Stewart. I might consider just driving myself will think about it. It's a way off yet.

i think elf man is right :) you and captain slow should do the trip together since steward has a free room as well

13th February 2012, 11:19 PM
No Stewart you're looking very kind :yes nod: I am the problem so don't want anyone put out or their plans messed up. We can work it out nearer the time.

Thank you all for thinking of me. :arms:

stoney
13th February 2012, 11:34 PM
Right I’m looking like the bad guy here!!!!!!:smilewinkgrin:

Here I did offer! Honest!:moonie:

As I said it’s no problem as I’d just swap the Room’s, Working it out its probably cheaper taking the car than not with the free room as I’d be going half’s with Euan on the jungle juice anyway. Just don’t expect me to do a Senna from the toll boths.:p

No looking the bad guy at all I would have come down but to much on the now and have a show weekend before in Dudley

ELFMAN
13th February 2012, 11:53 PM
Oh Dear, this is all getting a bit over-dramatic... there are no 'Bad Guys', and nobody's a 'Problem' - jeez we'll all be in therapy at this rate!

Joanna, paying for my own petrol doesn't bother me at all - I've done the NMS MINI Oxford Tour three times before as a 'solo' driver, and if I'm paying for it myself, I won't feel so guilty when I floor it! I just thought it was daft that you were pulling out of the trip after being so excited about going. Plus the fact I was looking forward to seeing your eyes pop out and your woolly hat fly off when you saw the MINI production line for the first time! So if we can swap things around a bit, there should still be a seat for you somewhere if you want to go but weren't sure about taking your own car. Simples!

My concern was that Stewart seemed to be in a bit of a quandry in not getting to use his 'Freebie' hotel points thing, as he was co-piloting me, and I'm at the Premier Inn and it might put my nose out of joint if he changed his plans, so I suggested that he might want to take his car as the savings he'd make on the hotel would more than cover his petrol (as things stood, he'd be paying half of my petrol PLUS his hotel) and as we all know, taking your car back to THE MOTHERSHIP is a GOOD THING to do and will make your MINI very happy. Rest assured I won't be upset whatever he decides to do. All I want is for us all to have a positive and memorable trip, which I'm sure it will be.

So don't let's get all heavy about it - as the Beatles said "We can work it out" Peace, One Love etc etc.

14th February 2012, 01:03 AM
Elfman you're reading a different thread that has secret heavy and dramatic squirrelled away in it!
I'm just considering my options at the moment.

Stewart
14th February 2012, 02:25 AM
No rush on an Executive decision. The car will either be sitting at Euan's or paying the Mothership a visit.

Options if things need re-jigged and Joanna knows we are like the Marines “We leave no one behind” – that’s if they want to go……..:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
14th February 2012, 02:31 PM
Stewart, sorry, smilies can cover a multitude of sins... I was thrown a bit of curve-ball on this one, so I'm taking a back seat on this thread, and from now on will only be posting about trip details and nothing else.

Hopefully sorted now :yes nod:

Craig
14th February 2012, 06:02 PM
On that note, I'd just like to say that I WILL be going. As I'm sharing go go juice with Ali (Zimbo) I have worked out that I can save/find enough down the back of the sofa to go. Call it NMS Austerity Oxford Trip and we're there !! :lol:

Looking forward to it ;)

Stewart
14th February 2012, 06:11 PM
The big man is shorts, he rides!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

NMS disclaimer : Under no circumstances should these views be taken seriously. The “Big Man” being referred to is not intended to be taken as slander or express anything about weight and should be noted it is given in the form of friendliness towards him with the view that I’m of a smaller build. The comment “he rides” can be taken any way you want it and no responsibility will be taken for persons views on this. The part referring to “in shorts” is merely as a reference point to said party’s usual attire and although disappointed said party should not feel he is being pressured into said dress code.

Craig
14th February 2012, 06:15 PM
The big man is shorts, he rides!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

NMS disclaimer : Under no circumstances should these views be taken seriously. The “Big Man” being referred to is not intended to be taken as slander or express anything about weight and should be noted it is given in the form of friendliness towards him with the view that I’m of a smaller build. The comment “he rides” can be taken any way you want it and no responsibility will be taken for person views on this.

Lol - I've been called worse...! (including today !! ;) )

Riding - now that takes me back ... :clap:

stoney
14th February 2012, 06:23 PM
Holly crap what's going on with the P C rubbish I'm sure Craig dose not take offence at big man well I hope not as I have been calling him it for years now :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2012, 08:13 PM
On that note, I'd just like to say that I WILL be going. As I'm sharing go go juice with Ali (Zimbo) I have worked out that I can save/find enough down the back of the sofa to go. Call it NMS Austerity Oxford Trip and we're there !! :lol:

Looking forward to it ;)

Awesome news! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2012, 08:55 PM
Sorry dudes and duette's.... forgot to say... :blush:

Both MINI and Prodrive have confirmed it's fine for you all to pay at the door.:thumbs up: I think it would be fair on both if you had the correct money ready. :yes nod: I'll remind everyone about this again before the trip. :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
14th February 2012, 09:20 PM
Great news Craig! Wouldn't be the same without our 'Little & LARGE' act, which is now banned in several countries :hand: :blush:

Andy - Re. Payment: That gives me time to start collecting my 1p pieces for the MINI Tour - well, it WILL be the correct money :smilewinkgrin:

ps. Apologies, my sense of humour has obviously just gone into Administration :frown:

Craig
14th February 2012, 10:02 PM
Great news Craig! Wouldn't be the same without our 'Little & LARGE' act, which is now banned in several countries :hand: :blush:

Andy - Re. Payment: That gives me time to start collecting my 1p pieces for the MINI Tour - well, it WILL be the correct money :smilewinkgrin:

ps. Apologies, my sense of humour has obviously just gone into Administration :frown:

Lol - what is it they say ..... Nae show without punch !! :clap:

Stewart
14th February 2012, 11:20 PM
Cheers Andy for the info, I thought I'd ask. That makes life a lot easier and takes the work off some poor sole to try to sort that out probably yourself. :thumbs up:

[B]. Apologies, my sense of humour has obviously just gone into Administration :frown:

Here you Administration is a bad word today!:moonie:

zimbo
20th February 2012, 10:35 AM
I cant believe that the Peartree want to charge me £2 fee for using a particular Credit card to make my booking what a load of bo!!ocks plus there is also a £3 parking fee for overnight (24) parking :hand:. I dont mind paying for the parking , BUT being charged for using a CC is just a joke to me, so I think I am just going to go along with you guys on the day and try get a room there and then which I dont think should be a problem (at least hope not lol)

Oh and the Premier inn is a bit too dear for my pockets just now so thats a no-no :frown:

Sorry about the rant

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2012, 11:46 AM
Zimbo, I sympathise with you but I think that's a bit of a risk. I'd hate to think you end up sleeping on your back seats. :thud:

If you use a debit card to make the payment there's no charge.:thumbs up:

None of us can get around the £3 car park fee.:frown:

And when you compare the whole package, the £29 room, £3 car parking and £2 card fee (unless you debit card it), that's still waaaaay less than the Premier Inn.

Just sayin' :blush:

A.

zimbo
20th February 2012, 12:17 PM
Its alright Andy remember Ive got a clubby so ill just fold my seats down :lol: (make sure I bring my sleeping bag with me just in case :smilewinkgrin:)

Burple
20th February 2012, 12:19 PM
Bad news... 'Fraid we're gonna have to pull out of this one this year :sad:

Imminient purchase of house, a trip down to London at the end of May (can't avoid it, Fi's getting a presentation from Winston Churchill's grand-daughter :eek::thumbs up::D), and a certain other half's birthday on 4th May is firmly squashing any hope of the Oxford trip this year. gutted.com.

Unless there's a nice lottery win...

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hear the Euan, "real life" getting in the way of the fun stuff:frown:. Great for Fi though - well done to her.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thanks for letting me know.

A.

ELFMAN
20th February 2012, 02:08 PM
That's tough, other Euan. But at least it's Good Stuff which is the cause of your withdrawal!
Well done Fi!

zimbo
5th March 2012, 11:08 AM
Oi MrD now that there is a new mini addition to the Davies household, are you still riding shotgun with me on this trip or is Lucas? wanting to go back to the factory? and am I going to have to try and source a new co-pilot? :idunno::scratch:

Craig
5th March 2012, 12:00 PM
Oi MrD now that there is a new mini addition to the Davies household, are you still riding shotgun with me on this trip or is Lucas? wanting to go back to the factory? and am I going to have to try and source a new co-pilot? :idunno::scratch:

I was just about to email you about this.. Pm on its way mate ;)

Craig
5th March 2012, 02:54 PM
Andy. Status Quo for me and Ali, other than I'm driving Elmo down to Oxford ;)

Also maybe ask you to chauffeur Ali to/from the Travelodge if that is where he ends up staying - pleeeeease :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
5th March 2012, 05:13 PM
Andy. Status Quo for me and Ali, other than I'm driving Elmo down to Oxford ;)

Also maybe ask you to chauffeur Ali to/from the Travelodge if that is where he ends up staying - pleeeeease :thumbs up:

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

ELFMAN
14th March 2012, 02:37 PM
Dad's just called to tell me I've got the date in for my eye operation - THURSDAY 10TH MAY.
I could refuse the appointment, but don't know when I'd get an alternative, so it looks as if I'm going to have to bail on this one.
To say I'm scunnered doesn't even begin to cover it :argh::argh::argh::ragin: Perfect bloody timing... :sadangel:

14th March 2012, 03:15 PM
aw no! that's a nightmare. :sad:

ELFMAN
14th March 2012, 03:22 PM
Certainly is Joanna, instead of sharing some great times and visiting Prodrive with my NMS chums, I'll be recovering from a general anaesthetic....
I'm going for a 'Pre-Assessment' on April 2nd, so I have to see how that goes, but all being 'well', I'll be on the table while NMS is on the Motorway. The timing sucks.

If the assessment result means that they can't proceed, I'll still be on for the trip, so I won't cancel everything right away, but if the op doesn't get done then it'll cause a whole bunch of hassle, as I have friends coming up from Norwich for a week in July and a wee holiday booked in June, so if it's rescheduled/postponed it could really be problematic in all sorts of areas!

AndyP & Lenore
14th March 2012, 06:42 PM
That sucks Euan. :frown:

But, your health is far more important. :thumbs up:

I won't knock you off the list until you know for sure.

A.

ELFMAN
15th March 2012, 12:59 AM
Cheers Andy, I like to keep my options open... as the strange man in the raincoat said to the judge :arms: :smilewinkgrin:
As you said, health comes first - but the timing is lousy! :ragin:

Duncan Stewart
22nd March 2012, 12:07 AM
Hi Andy, just to let you know it will be me and Helen coming on the run as Colin cannot make it
Cheers :thumbs up:

22nd March 2012, 12:19 AM
I need to decide which hotel to book and get it done...

Do we know whether those who've booked can cancel with no penalty? I was thinking that IF (and I am still hoping he will come) If Elfman has to pull out and there is a penalty they may be amenable to transferring the name on his room to me rather than a cancellation - Euan let me know if I can potentially help you out with this (if so I'll hold off until your pre-op) otherwise I will just get booked.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2012, 01:23 AM
Hi Andy, just to let you know it will be me and Helen coming on the run as Colin cannot make it
Cheers :thumbs up:

No bother Duncan, thanks for letting me know.:thumbs up:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2012, 01:27 AM
Joanna, if you are going to the Premier Inn and you book the Premier Flexible rate, you can cancel up to 1pm on the day of arrival. If you book the Premier Saver rate I don't think that can be cancelled. I just had a look and I don't think a Premier Saver rate is on offer anyway for the date you would want to book.

A

22nd March 2012, 01:55 AM
is it the one called "Oxford"? Looks like it's on the ring road.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2012, 02:01 AM
Hotels: My suggestion is we all stay at the usual premier inn next to the MINI plant in Oxford. Hotel details Here (http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford?DCMP=KNC_D_BND)

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

ELFMAN
22nd March 2012, 03:57 PM
Euan let me know if I can potentially help you out with this (if so I'll hold off until your pre-op) otherwise I will just get booked.

Cheers Joanna, no penalty, which is why I'm leaving it as is for now, I won't know for def if the op's going ahead until I get the 'pre-assessment' on 2nd April, and there MIGHT be a chance of getting it early if there's a cancellation, so I'm working on the fact there's a VERY slim chance I'll be able to go after all. Andy's kindly not chucking me off the list until nearer the time! Of course, I won't keep anyone off the tour(s) if they're def going and I have the last space(s).

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2012, 04:59 PM
Andy's kindly not chucking me off the list until nearer the time! Of course, I won't keep anyone off the tour(s) if they're def going and I have the last space(s).

Don't sweat it Euan, there's spaces for both tours at the moment anyway.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
22nd March 2012, 05:49 PM
Cheers Mr P.! :thumbs up:

22nd March 2012, 11:09 PM
Good stuff Euan, just thought I'd ask before I piled in mate. Would be nice to meet you so hopefully fate will get you a cxl :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
23rd March 2012, 02:29 PM
Would be nice to meet you so hopefully fate will get you a cxl :thumbs up:

Be prepared - in real life I'm much shorter and duller than I appear on the website... :smilewinkgrin: :bigwave:

stoney
26th March 2012, 09:32 AM
Be prepared - in real life I'm much shorter and duller than I appear on the website... :smilewinkgrin: :bigwave:

You forgot 1 out of that list .......

ELFMAN
26th March 2012, 01:08 PM
You forgot 1 out of that list .......
Oh yes, Cheers Rob - I forgot to mention my Hollywood Screen Idol good looks! :moonie: :thud:

stoney
26th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Oh yes, Cheers Rob - I forgot to mention my Hollywood Screen Idol good looks! :moonie: :thud:

:lol: sorry for the :off topic: :lol: