PDA

View Full Version : Safe parking

Glorious
9th January 2012, 09:33 PM
I always try and find a space away from others, but this is what I call looking after your wheels (Mine is on the left btw):

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k432/gloriousmcclorious/MiniParking-1.jpg

TBH, I was glad of the extra space!

GCA3N
9th January 2012, 09:47 PM
I thought I was the only only one that parked like that.

MINI William
9th January 2012, 09:59 PM
I always park well away from any thing else or take 2 spaces but I usally come back to some one park right next to me

KenL
9th January 2012, 10:07 PM
I always seek out an end space and park over to one side. Taking up two spaces may rile some people.

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2012, 10:12 PM
I always seek out an end space and park over to one side. Taking up two spaces may rile some people.

I'm with Ken on this one. I'm always worried that taking two spaces may well protect our lovely alloys, but that won't help the key scraped down the side because someone is pissed you took two spaces.

End space, over to one side giving lots of room. Job done.:thumbs up:

Have you noticed, also, if you drive into Tesco's/ASDA/Sainsbury's - wherever really - and park 3 miles away in the far corner of the car park, no where near ANY other cars. When you come back out there's a Peugeot 205 with 3 baby seats and on one side and a 1992 beige Range Rover with straw hanging out the rear door on the other side. Both parked so close there's no way in hell they all decamped without at least 'touching' the doors.:ragin::ragin:

A.

Glorious
9th January 2012, 10:20 PM
I'd never take up 2 spaces, but always try to park away from others. This car park was almost full, hence why I had to park here: I had to crouch when I got out!

stoney
9th January 2012, 10:35 PM
it all depends i often dont take 2 spaces but make it almost imposable for some one to get there car in the space next to me mind you i dont need to worry about that now as the GP is now a show / run car and i have a wee corsa to drive about in :)

silver spirit
9th January 2012, 11:07 PM
Most car parks are operated by parking company's now days ! So it's a £60. + fine for infringement Parking out off your box You can't win ?

MINIme:)
10th January 2012, 12:28 AM
I'm with Andy, Ken and Glorious on this one. Much as I'd like to claim 2 spaces I think it's going to annoy others and attract their badness. I would expect someone to deliberately park really close just to make a point and piss me off as a result. Especially in a busy carpark. I too go for the end space, way away from others and park right over so that 'they' have loads of room and no excuse for scraping their child / bag past me!

Gismo
10th January 2012, 01:12 AM
I'm the guy who will park close to anyone who uses 2 spaces to park :smilewinkgrin:

Mini Ecosse
10th January 2012, 09:39 AM
Ally has a blue badge at the moment, due to faulty knee, so a larger parking space available most times.:thumbs up:
Still have the issue of abandoned trollies sailing around car park though:argh: