PDA

View Full Version : Our mini mini meet.

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 06:10 PM
Had a great afternoon guys (and girl) it was great to catch up and get your bits done for you. So sorry it didn't exactly go according to plan Joanna bloody parts department.
Cheers for the beers, which I am having one as we speak ;) and the chocolate/biscuits too will be tucking into them later.

Cheers Craigy for bringing your stuff and the snow foam too, :thumbs up: and for the chocolate puddings mmmmmm.

Anyway it was a good we day and the weather was well behaved too, even if it was a tad cold.

Can't believe Craig got car sick with Joanna's driving, Craig you really need to get a mini before you turn into a granny lol.

Here's some piccies. Grille looks ace Stewart.

Before

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0101b.jpg

After

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0102b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0103b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0105b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0107b.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/DSC_0105b.jpg

Stewart
7th January 2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks for doing the Grill and Lights. Coffee, Soup, real Bread, Choc puddings oh and finally appreciating a Works going over the Pass….and even a go on a PS3.:thumbs up:

As you said only let down by the usual parts department not knowing its Arse from its Elbow:sad: and poor Joanna’s face of disappointment after a great effort to do all the leg work and pick up.

Mind she did get the big man to wash her car too and the lights and tyre pressure sussed.;)

You cant beat a wee bit of NMS members helping out other members, its what make the site what it is…..:thumbs up:

Cheers again with the Pic's - me forgetting my Camera :argh: and for you and Kim having us over.

Oh and I'll shoot the first person to say my sig is now out of date:moonie:

MINIme:)
7th January 2012, 07:20 PM
don't forget the Before and ...er Before pictures of mine.... :frown:

hope you enjoy the beers and chocolates ;) (they were both from both of us by the way). I am stuffed after all that food - we did more eating than miniing ;)

I was sorry I didn't track down Kim before I left to say bye and THANK YOU for that fabulous soup. Meant to ask what it was, it was genuinely delicious :yes nod: It was really really nice to meet her, please pass on my thanks and :bye:

Stewart if you're out with someone again get them to lead you and ask them about your lights, maybe it was just the camber and irregularity of the road but even after I stopped and mentioned it I still think that the driver side looked considerably brighter much of the time.
I was pleased with the new lights performance myself :thumbs up:

Can you also tell me about the front indicator de-tango and what is required / how much roughly? I quite like the blurry orange bit in the ones on the side of the car so just the front I'm thinking about. Right I might away and compose some grief for my troubles for being sold the wrong damn part.

7th January 2012, 07:30 PM
Craig impaled me on my aerial for saying he missed a bit. Right up my nose ouch!! Serves me right I guess. THANK YOU CRAIG :smilewinkgrin: I was only joking when I asked you to bring the foam lance, you're a star :thumbs up:

Sorry for making you feel sick :smilewinkgrin: - but I was only doing about 30 :motoring: we need a slowed down version of the happy driving smily, to suit my pootle pace. Or a pootle smiley.

Stewart
7th January 2012, 07:42 PM
I’ll have a wee look tomorrow on the bulb and make sure its wee connector is in full. I was just out there and parked it looks fine, as I said it was really obvious your one and side by side when we parked up they looked the same.

I don’t know these fly by night workmen:p its ok I have it covered with my Auto electrician mate that’s been doing electrics on Cars, Marine and new busses being electrical manager at Alexander Dennis. He can give it the once over next week.

The one thing I’d say from in the car it looked bang on, on the unlit road.

You can worry for both of us…I love the time it takes you to set off, bloke gets into car and drives off, Girl gets into car ………road is still clear………car coming in the distance………Girl presses sat nav………girl finally sets off and guy waits till the other car passes….

Only joking its all good fun.:moonie::smilewinkgrin:

PS I'll look into what the bulbs were for the front indicators, I have the box with the old ones kicking about!

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 07:42 PM
don't forget the Before and ...er Before pictures of mine.... :frown:

hope you enjoy the beers and chocolates ;) (they were both from both of us by the way). I am stuffed after all that food - we did more eating than miniing ;)

I was sorry I didn't track down Kim before I left to say bye and THANK YOU for that fabulous soup. Meant to ask what it was, it was genuinely delicious :yes nod: It was really really nice to meet her, please pass on my thanks and :bye:

Stewart if you're out with someone again get them to lead you and ask them about your lights, maybe it was just the camber and irregularity of the road but even after I stopped and mentioned it I still think that the driver side looked considerably brighter much of the time.
I was pleased with the new lights performance myself :thumbs up:

Can you also tell me about the front indicator de-tango and what is required / how much roughly? I quite like the blurry orange bit in the ones on the side of the car so just the front I'm thinking about. Right I might away and compose some grief for my troubles for being sold the wrong damn part.

I have passed on your thanks Kim said it was a pleasure and good to meet you too. Thanks for the sweeties and beer jo too so nice, tucking into them as we speak. So sorry about your grille, I never posted before and after in case you cried lol.

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for doing the Grill and Lights. Coffee, Soup, real Bread, Choc puddings oh and finally appreciating a Works going over the Pass….and even a go on a PS3.:thumbs up:

As you said only let down by the usual parts department not knowing its Arse from its Elbow:sad: and poor Joanna’s face of disappointment after a great effort to do all the leg work and pick up.

Mind she did get the big man to wash her car too and the lights and tyre pressure sussed.;)

You cant beat a wee bit of NMS members helping out other members, its what make the site what it is…..:thumbs up:

Cheers again with the Pic's - me forgetting my Camera :argh: and for you and Kim having us over.

Oh and I'll shoot the first person to say my sig is now out of date:moonie:

Stewart you need a new sig mate..........:laugh:

Stewart
7th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Where is that Gun!

Joanna it was Philips Silver Vision PY21W Bulbs again got from Mike down south.

7th January 2012, 08:06 PM
only bulbs that are needed? that sounds affordable!

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 08:12 PM
They are dirt cheap jo.

Stewart
7th January 2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah you have the Clear lenses so only bulbs.

7th January 2012, 08:18 PM
I love the time it takes you to set off, bloke gets into car and drives off, Girl gets into car ………road is still clear………car coming in the distance………Girl presses sat nav………girl finally sets off and guy waits till the other car passes….

No apologies here :lol: I TOLD YOU I take ages :smilewinkgrin: I need to settle. otherwies I do stupid things like forget to put on my seatbelt, realise that someone has moved the seat once I've set off, remember that I've left my hat/jacket/house keys/wallet in someone else's garage. And anyway, I couldn't see the car coming as there was this car in my rear vision blocking my view of it entirely :P

I'm glad you didn't mention (or notice) me nearly totalling the car on a harsh corner on the way back. As I lost it, I remembered that I did exactly the same the last time I went round that very corner in the dark :frown: I need to learn that one.

ps you need a new nickname seeing as I am slower! Captain slowish. Or Captain Not As Fast As Some? and you need a new sig. Or a shopped one!

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 08:20 PM
No apologies here :lol: I TOLD YOU I take ages :smilewinkgrin: I need to settle. otherwies I do stupid things like forget to put on my seatbelt, realise that someone has moved the seat once I've set off, remember that I've left my hat/jacket/house keys/wallet in someone else's garage. And anyway, I couldn't see the car coming as there was this car in my rear vision blocking my view of it entirely :P

I'm glad you didn't mention (or notice) me nearly totalling the car on a harsh corner on the way back. As I lost it, I remembered that I did exactly the same the last time I went round that very corner in the dark :frown: I need to learn that one.

:thud:

Stewart
7th January 2012, 08:32 PM
Its not that you were taking long honest, just Grieg was about to ask what we wanted for breakfast :smilewinkgrin:

You lost it on a corner:Whistle:, Joanna we don’t lose it on corners we just get a fright that we think we have lost it in a Corner, all looked fine from behind. That’s what you get for looking at my lights….:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
7th January 2012, 08:33 PM
Good to see you guys today, was a good laugh.

Stewart, big diff with the grill and really makes it look great, much more tied in. :thumbs up:

Joanna, no probes on the wash, only took about 15 mins ;). Gutted that the parts dept did have the right bits for you, that's normally what happens to me!

Greig, thanks for the food and Tea/Coffee. Pass on my thanks to Kim.

Maybe I'm allergic to mini's now and that's why I felt sick ?!?!? :idunno:

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 08:48 PM
Good to see you guys today, was a good laugh.

Stewart, big diff with the grill and really makes it look great, much more tied in. :thumbs up:

Joanna, no probes on the wash, only took about 15 mins ;). Gutted that the parts dept did have the right bits for you, that's normally what happens to me!

Greig, thanks for the food and Tea/Coffee. Pass on my thanks to Kim.

Maybe I'm allergic to mini's now and that's why I felt sick ?!?!? :idunno:

It was our pleasure Craig, allergic to mini's, well You what the best cure for that is.......

7th January 2012, 08:52 PM
yes please get a mini Craig! Next meet, 4 mini saddos and FOUR MINIS :smilewinkgrin:

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 09:21 PM
yes please get a mini Craig! Next meet, 4 mini saddos and FOUR MINIS :smilewinkgrin:

:laugh:

Craig
7th January 2012, 09:32 PM

;) you just never know ;)

7th January 2012, 09:33 PM
;) you just never know ;)

:excited: :excited: :clap: get on it!

ELFMAN
10th January 2012, 03:31 PM
Looks like you had an enjoyable and productive day folks!
I was doing exciting things like cleaning out a 'post-landscaping' clogged drain... I fear the ELFMAN is becoming a Dull Boy. I REALLY need to have more FUN in 2012... :whoohoo: :excited: :dance:
Save me before it's too late!!!! :whiteflag:

N16SHP
10th January 2012, 04:23 PM
Boo, i really did miss out not making this trip :(

GCA3N
10th January 2012, 04:36 PM
Indeed. :0(