PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Bawbag

stoney
7th January 2012, 05:51 PM
and yes thats what it was called well had a good luck round the car to day as found a bit of slate on the floor next to the GP and bad news :( :( http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/36779fd2.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/3fe152ef.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/f069588d.jpghttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/f4c5654f.jpg

MINIme:)
7th January 2012, 07:58 PM
gutted for you mate :sad:

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Sorry rob thats crap mate.

stoney
7th January 2012, 08:07 PM
yep gutted need to phone house insurance on Monday morning to see if i can get it done thru that rather than my car insurance

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Never knew you could do that, you'll be lucky if they do will they not say its an "act of god" so to speak.

Gismo
7th January 2012, 08:16 PM
Gutted for you

Craig
7th January 2012, 08:22 PM
That's crap Rob.... :frown: hope it's a painless process getting it fixed ;)

stoney
7th January 2012, 08:50 PM
Never knew you could do that, you'll be lucky if they do will they not say its an "act of god" so to speak.

well had felt that blew off next doors roof a few years ago and there house insurance coverd it then so dont see why not and if they say act of god then my ans to that is prove that there is a god had a look thru my insh and nothing says its not coverd so dont see why not

GCA3N
7th January 2012, 09:23 PM
Keep my fingers crossed then good luck.

gauldrymini
7th January 2012, 10:03 PM
Gutted for you Rob:frown:

AndyP & Lenore
8th January 2012, 12:27 AM
What a nightmare Rob.:ragin::ragin: Hope your house insurance cough up.

A.

Stewart
8th January 2012, 12:49 AM
Nightmare! Hope the insurance does the decent thing. It was absolutely howling here around 5AM and got up and moved the car practically all the way down the drive to get it away from anything. Neighbours house a few doors down lost about seven tiles that thankfully just took out an old wooden well and gnome. If a car had been there it was have been a right off probably.

Anyway I rambling, Wish you all the best with it and a speedy fix.

EcosseGP
8th January 2012, 01:17 AM
Think your house insurance should pay out .. They've been expecting claims like this (was on the news). Mates Audi has suffered the same damage when I told him about yours he checked his and discovered big dents and broken slates lying on top of it .. Good luck anyway mate hope there's an easy outcome

At 8000rpm no one hears you scream

stoney
8th January 2012, 02:07 AM
thanks guys will let you all know what happens on monday when i phone

zimbo
8th January 2012, 01:34 PM
That sucks Rob, hope it gets sorted soon bud :thumbs up:

RobSco
8th January 2012, 02:18 PM
Not so good Rob... :frown: ... Hope you get it all sorted as I'm sure you'll be :ragin: as I would be... Just have your answer ready for the insurance company... :yes nod:

weefossy
8th January 2012, 03:46 PM
Insurance companies are so busy at present that if a claim is under £500 they will probably just tell you to go ahead with the repair. However don't know if that will apply to damage to anything other than the property itself. Wish you all the best with it Rob. Don't give in easily, if they don't give you the right answer first time, which is what they will probably try and do.

stoney
8th January 2012, 08:27 PM
dont worry i wont let them away with it will find out what happens 2morow and i have the feeling its going to be more than £500 as its the whole roof and bonnet scoop and front bumper :(

AndyP & Lenore
8th January 2012, 09:54 PM
dont worry i wont let them away with it will find out what happens 2morow and i have the feeling its going to be more than £500 as its the whole roof and bonnet scoop and front bumper :(

Ouch. :thud::thud::thud::thud:

A.

stoney
8th January 2012, 10:18 PM
I know not good the roof is dented as well not a happy person right now !!

day 5 smoke free

stoney
9th January 2012, 05:41 PM
well even more unhappy now as my home insh did not cover and dont want to claim on the car as have 6 year no claim !!

so can any one recommend a good body shop that i can trust !!! must be a top noch job as it the GP !!!

cooperchris
9th January 2012, 05:50 PM
Hope you get it fixed soon rob.

Well gutted mate.

GCA3N
9th January 2012, 06:08 PM
I presume your no claims is not protected rob. Tbh mate I can't see that being a cheap fix, maybe an insurance claim is what you'll have to do after all that's what its there for. Anyway good luck either way.

stoney
9th January 2012, 07:12 PM
I presume your no claims is not protected rob. Tbh mate I can't see that being a cheap fix, maybe an insurance claim is what you'll have to do after all that's what its there for. Anyway good luck either way.

not this year no but not looking for a cheap fix as such but me my excess is £650 so relay don't want to claim when only got a month left till i renew
going to see a guy in the week that dose all Audi work for them and is very good but was wondering if any one could recommend some one else that i could get a quote off that they know will do a proper job

Craig
9th January 2012, 07:17 PM
not this year no but not looking for a cheap fix as such but me my excess is £650 so relay don't want to claim when only got a month left till i renew
going to see a guy in the week that dose all Audi work for them and is very good but was wondering if any one could recommend some one else that i could get a quote off that they know will do a proper job

Rob.

Car n bike in bonny bridge have done all my work for years. Has done a lot of porsches over the years. Ask for Colin Douglas, he's the owner tell him I sent you ;). Great price and quality :yes nod:

stoney
9th January 2012, 07:26 PM
thanks mate will do will prob head over same day as i go to the one my sister is sending me 2 :thumbs up:

9th January 2012, 07:32 PM
good luck with it buddy, gutted for you :sad:

stoney
18th January 2012, 08:51 PM
Well GP is booked in for 1st week in march to get paint fixed so should be ready for show season

Just need to order my new roof number now :)

18th January 2012, 09:10 PM
Did you go through your car insurance in the end Rob? I wouldn't have a clue what to do in that situation.

stoney
18th January 2012, 09:38 PM
Did you go through your car insurance in the end Rob? I wouldn't have a clue what to do in that situation.

no as it ended up only going to cost me £150 more than my excess so not worth making a claim and that's including my graphics that are £100 from Mini

i am just lucky that i have some good friends and family that can point me in the right direction :thumbs up:

Craig
18th January 2012, 09:47 PM
Did you go with the garage in Stirling ??

Gismo
18th January 2012, 09:53 PM
Did you tell your insurance?

stoney
18th January 2012, 10:19 PM
Did you go with the garage in Stirling ??

yes but not the one you sent me to eneded up going with the one my sis sent me to as he has done me a price that would be very hard to beat TBH
and i know he dose really good work as he has done work on my dads Q7 in the past and Audi Stirling send all there cars to them as well

Did you tell your insurance?

nope as i dont want to lose my no claims as i have 7 years now

Gismo
18th January 2012, 11:40 PM
nope as i dont want to lose my no claims as i have 7 years nowYou are obliged to inform your insurer of any damage to the car, read your small print, failure to advise them only gives them excuses in the future to not pay out for work.
It won't affect your no claims

stoney
19th January 2012, 08:31 AM
You are obliged to inform your insurer of any damage to the car, read your small print, failure to advise them only gives them excuses in the future to not pay out for work.
It won't affect your no claims

so if i get say a bad stone chip and wanted it resprayed i should tell them :thud:
away to read the small print :lol: