PDA

View Full Version : Audi A1 Test Drive booked!

KenL
6th January 2012, 06:31 PM
Hi All,

I am looking to change my car around March. Although a MINI is still high on my list I like the look of the Audi A1 so have booked a test drive for a week today.

One thing that may make me stay with MINI is the deals that are becoming more available at dealers. e.g. pre-reg Coopers with CHILLI pack for ~£15-16K. Although I have an S, which is great, I am looking to cut some costs (aren't we all) so a Cooper would suit me perfectly. I had a loan Cooper for a few days in the summer and loved it. It rode very nicely on 16" non-runflats and the performance was good enough for me.

I will be looking at an A1 1.6TDI SE, with a few extras would cost £15K. Seems like a good deal for a car that should be well put together.

Will report back next week.

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2012, 07:13 PM
Be interesting to see what you think of the A1 once you've driven it.

A.

GCA3N
6th January 2012, 08:29 PM
It's a nice looking car the a1 as andy says will be interesting hearing your thoughts.

ianking
7th January 2012, 05:47 PM
Ken
When I was looking at the A1 about 6 months ago they told me no discount, then I got £250 off then when I went back in as I had been looking at the mini again they said a further £250 discount.
Im sure now with sales even slower you might be able to get even more off.

zimbo
8th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Cant wait to see/hear how you get on Ken, I too really like the look etc of the A1 :yes nod:
A woman down the road from me has just taken delivery of a black A1 after previously having had two minis before it so seems like some people are liking the A1 a lot or at least enough to move from the mini :confused:

Will need to go out in onew myself one day just to see how it is.

KenL
8th January 2012, 06:15 PM
Still very tempted by another MINI!!!

Stewart
8th January 2012, 06:23 PM
It could be that its only the box standard Audi A1 I’ve seen parked up but I thought it looked a bit bland. I’m sure there are fancy ones cutting about that look great.

Just I came out with the shopping when they first came out and one was parked next to me, think they were playing the same ( parking miles away from the door) game as I do. I approached both cars and hand on heart preferred my Mini. Mate got an A8 beast this year and its jaw dropping comfy and power and loves the Big Audi.

Be interesting how you get on

MINIme:)
8th January 2012, 10:13 PM
my mate got a black A8 beast late last year too. Looking very shiny and phenomenal in the work car park! Lucky b*s^&*£ is allowed to park in the work car park, I have to park elsewhere. Don't get me started...

There was an A1 in Braehead today - looked really nice.

But stay mini! we need you! :arms:

euan
9th January 2012, 10:27 AM
Have a play with the fuel consumption on the test drive - I couldn't get it anywhere near what I'd have been expecting from it when I had one as a loaner. Now, that may have been the way I was driving it, but even in "granny mode" I was still watching the fuel gauge go down. Didn't have it long enough to get an idea what was going on though.

Nice car though, small but well put together and my first thought when I was in it was "this is just like my old Mini", so there you go. I think you'll like it.

KenL
9th January 2012, 12:31 PM
I have been looking on the a1 forum, lots of complaints regarding fuel economy on there.

euan
9th January 2012, 03:29 PM
I have been looking on the a1 forum, lots of complaints regarding fuel economy on there.

Wasn't just me then. It just seemed to get less MPG than the 2.0T in my A4 which is mad.

KenL
9th January 2012, 07:30 PM
No A1 for me, see my new thread !!!