PDA

View Full Version : Stoney encouragement

MINIme:)
6th January 2012, 04:04 PM
Stoney, based on your footer note .... have you given up smoking?? If so ...here is a big pile of encouragement from me :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin: :clap:

Keep it up!! :clap::whoohoo::dance:

stoney
6th January 2012, 04:48 PM
yep giving it a go just need to keep my will power going finding it hard at the mo but not as bad as i thorght it would be :explode:

Mini Ecosse
6th January 2012, 06:31 PM
Stoney, based on your footer note .... have you given up smoking?? If so ...here is a big pile of encouragement from me :thumbs up::smilewinkgrin: :clap:

Keep it up!! :clap::whoohoo::dance:

Ditto:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
6th January 2012, 07:15 PM
Well done. Keep it up mate. The money you'll save alone!!!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.

6th January 2012, 07:35 PM
cool!! well we're behind you :thumbs up:, in a non panto way. :clap: keep your eyes on how much money you'll save and how much better you'll feel. You'll smell better too! :smilewinkgrin: (I think I can get away with that as I've only met you the once, for about 30secs so have not had the opportunity to detect any smell ...and am not therefore suggesting you did smell!...:phew:)

Keep us updated! :whoohoo:

stoney
6th January 2012, 08:57 PM
thanks guys i am determind to do it for the money more than any thing think after the 2nd week i should have cracked it well i hope any way :)

Craig
6th January 2012, 10:45 PM
thanks guys i am determind to do it for the money more than any thing think after the 2nd week i should have cracked it well i hope any way :)

Best of luck mate ;)

Gismo
6th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Best of luck, but, you never should have started anyway :Whistle:

stoney
6th January 2012, 11:20 PM
thanks Craig :thumbs up:

stoney
6th January 2012, 11:23 PM
Best of luck, but, you never should have started anyway :Whistle:

dont need to tell me that !! i realy wish i never did but now is the time to stop after 15 years :thud:

Stewart
7th January 2012, 10:47 AM
Good luck!

Is Mrs Stone doing the same?

RobSco
7th January 2012, 11:01 AM
Well Done Rob... :thumbs up: ... Keep it up as I'm sure Christine will help you spend what your saving... :lol: ... But at least you'll have something to show for it... :yes nod:

stoney
7th January 2012, 11:29 AM
Good luck!

Is Mrs Stone doing the same?

Think she is going to try but we will see

day 4 smoke free

stoney
7th January 2012, 11:29 AM
Well Done Rob... :thumbs up: ... Keep it up as I'm sure Christine will help you spend what your saving... :lol: ... But at least you'll have something to show for it... :yes nod:

Thanks I'm shure she will it going to go towards a holls and new house :)

day 4 smoke free

ianking
7th January 2012, 05:48 PM
Good work man.

stoney
7th January 2012, 05:50 PM
thanks Ian

stoney
18th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Well that's 2 weeks off the fags :) and been a lot easyer than I thought :) just got to keep it up now :)

18th January 2012, 09:06 PM
FANTASTIC DUDE!!! so pleased for you.:clap: Was sad when your posts stopped reporting your success.

Keep going! rooting for you over here :yes nod:

GCA3N
18th January 2012, 09:10 PM
well done rob, good on you.

stoney
18th January 2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys and girls :)

Craig
18th January 2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys and girls :)

Keep it up rob;). Just think of the new hoose !! :thumbs up:

stoney
18th January 2012, 10:20 PM
Keep it up rob;). Just think of the new hoose !! :thumbs up:

and the GP fixing :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
18th January 2012, 10:34 PM
Well done dude. Well done indeed. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

stoney
18th January 2012, 10:53 PM
thanks starting to feel the difference as well the only thing is having some cracking nightmares/dreams and eating like a horse

18th January 2012, 11:09 PM
write the dreams down!! I love it when I have mental dreams sometimes they make sense when you read several weeks later what you wrote down by torchlight half asleep :)

sounds like a good excuse to stuff your face with food too, excellent!

stoney
18th January 2012, 11:23 PM
write the dreams down!! I love it when I have mental dreams sometimes they make sense when you read several weeks later what you wrote down by torchlight half asleep :)

sounds like a good excuse to stuff your face with food too, excellent!

i hope most of them dont come true or i am in a lot of trouble and will lose my licence about 3 times over :lol:

weefossy
19th January 2012, 11:28 PM
Keep going Son and don't worry about the extra food, you can afford to put on a bit of weight, but like me you probably wont.

stoney
19th January 2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks Malcolm :)

lamdacore
20th January 2012, 08:28 PM
well in mate, I wish I had the willpower to quit. I've tried but just so hard to break the routine, so major major kudos to you :)

ELFMAN
20th January 2012, 08:45 PM
Rob, I missed this thread! TOP NEWS!!! :thumbs up:
Excellent way to save money, not to mention your LIFE... When I've been at the Doc's for various things including high blood pressure, among all the other tests and stuff, they do a computer 'projection' for your health prospects, taking various factors into account, and the thing that REALLY b****ers up your prospects is.... you've guessed it - FAGS.

Brilliant decision to stub them out and best wishes to keep going - it'll really pay off in the long term both financially and health-wise. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! and don't worry about the food, you could double your weight and still be skinny!!! :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
21st January 2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys

Giving up is just all in the head IMO you have to want to do it I made my mind up new years eve :)

11th February 2012, 02:28 AM
How's it going Stoney? Are you staying the course?

Hope so... If you are, you must be soaring by now.
Keep going dude

stoney
11th February 2012, 09:54 AM
Doing fine and yep still off the fags will be 6 weeks on Tuesday

Thanks feel a lot better for it as well
As lots
More money in my pocket :)

Crombers
11th February 2012, 10:39 AM
Doing fine and yep still off the fags will be 6 weeks on Tuesday

Thanks feel a lot better for it as well
As lots
More money in my pocket :)

My 'mantra' was always to never ruin the good work that you have done.

I 'finally' stopped in 2006 having had a few attempts prior to that (some of which were up to 18 months).

Every time I chucked it I used the 'one day/one week at a time' process which worked for me.

Basically what I'm saying is that you have done so well in 6 weeks, why in the hell would you want to ruin that ??

You WILL succeed :yes nod:

11th February 2012, 11:33 AM
So pleased for you Stoney :)

Craig
11th February 2012, 11:48 AM
Well done sir ! ;) You getting fat yet :laugh:

stoney
11th February 2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys and girls

And crombers you are right you have to take it 1day / week at a time

I don't want to go back to it and am determined not to

Craig no not fat yet but if I keep going the way I am it won't be long :lol: but I am going gym a lot more to keep it off as well so am doing well on that front as well :)

The best bit of it is that most of the people I work with at the factory's smoke and still manage to say no when they are having one and I can happily stand with then and not bother about it :)

Gismo
11th February 2012, 12:31 PM
Good on ya Stoney, keep it up, all at NMS are rooting for you

stoney
11th February 2012, 12:36 PM
Good on ya Stoney, keep it up, all at NMS are rooting for you

11th February 2012, 12:37 PM
still manage to say no when they are having one and I can happily stand with then and not bother about it :)

now that is awesome.

stoney
11th February 2012, 01:20 PM
now that is awesome.

Will power and stubborn ;) allways said will stop when I want to stop and have done exactly that :) just got to want to do it :)

weefossy
11th February 2012, 01:58 PM
That's great Rob. Well done. And when your standing next to your work mates, just keep reminding yourself how expensive and futile it is......was!

11th February 2012, 02:12 PM
just got to want to do it :)
:yes nod: I've always believed that's it. But I've never wanted to say that to smokers/'trying to give up' - ers in case I came across like a patronising hag. ;)

stoney
11th February 2012, 02:30 PM
:lol: I do keep winding my mates up about it it's good fun :lol:

And every one is different to giving up but wanting to do it is 1/2 the battle

Crombers
11th February 2012, 10:26 PM
That's great Rob. Well done. And when your standing next to your work mates, just keep reminding yourself how expensive and futile it is......was!

x 2 :thumbs up:

baptie
23rd February 2012, 09:18 PM
Nice one stoney.
Welcome to the club, I an 6 years stopped this September.

Still miss a fag or three but needs must for health and wallet.

My drive was the loss of my dad, took it hard and made a few life changes. Still upholding most of them!

Ditched the gym for now since birth of son and still drink like Keith floyd was my trainer, but you need one vice in life.