PDA

View Full Version : Would you post for sale items abroad?

joec73
6th January 2012, 01:47 PM
Currently have my R53 strut brace up for sale on here and on gumtree. I've had email asking would I look at postage costs to Portugal. Would you do it or is this a dodgy one?
Any help appreciated.

KenL
6th January 2012, 01:57 PM
It is probably not dodgy, but I could not be bothered with the hassle. Whenever I sell on EBay I do not sell or buy outside the UK.

stoney
6th January 2012, 02:17 PM
I would get a price but let it be known that it will be sent recorded delivery and you accept no responsibility if it gets lost ect ect
And make shure funds a cleared before sending

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
6th January 2012, 03:03 PM
I would get a price but let it be known that it will be sent recorded delivery and you accept no responsibility if it gets lost ect ect
And make shure funds a cleared before sending

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

This ^^^^^^

I try not to sell or buy anything abroad. I find it much easier to be face to face with someone if it goes wrong, then it normally gets sorted ;)

stoney
6th January 2012, 03:28 PM
Talking about face to face take it those caps turned up ok?? sorry they where dirty but just did not get time to clean them :lol:

3 days smoke free

GCA3N
6th January 2012, 03:38 PM
Sold a couple of bits abroad with no issues, but, you have to watch postage costs.

Gismo
6th January 2012, 04:25 PM
I've sold and sent stuff overseas, but, be careful, if they pay with PayPal they are protected even if you say you cannot be held liable for items lost in the post.
Use a reputable courier and you should be ok

MiniSnaps
6th January 2012, 04:25 PM
I've sold a lot of stuff, from a few pounds up into the high hundreds to buyers all over the world and can honestly say I've had few problems. What I will say though is,make sure you use a trackable, signed for delivery method and check the postage before agreeing to an all-in price, as once you pass the 2kg level it can get very expensive. I ended up abandoning a camera tripod in Australia that was only just over 2kg, thought it would only be £15 to get it back here, the cheapest quote (uninsured) was £75....

joec73
6th January 2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you very much folks, looking at parcel force international so will find out costs and let the guy know.

Mon the fish
7th January 2012, 09:14 AM
Airsure is fully trackable, but as said above above 2kg gets expensive. If you give me dimensions and weight I can let you know your options.

As long as you state the cost to the buyer, and they're happy with it, I can't see a problem

Craig
7th January 2012, 10:35 AM
Talking about face to face take it those caps turned up ok?? sorry they where dirty but just did not get time to clean them :lol:

3 days smoke free

Yeah mate, thanks. Gave them a clean before I delivered them and they were over the moon ! :thumbs up:

stoney
7th January 2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah mate, thanks. Gave them a clean before I delivered them and they were over the moon ! :thumbs up:

good stuff :thumbs up: they had been sitting in my work shop for well over 6 years they came off my 1st black cooper :lol: