PDA

View Full Version : Today I went

Gismo
2nd January 2012, 11:05 PM
To a college football game, over 60,000 people

Craig
2nd January 2012, 11:13 PM
Nowhere and vedged on the sofa ;). Oh wait I did go to the Chinese takeaway :lol:

Gismo
2nd January 2012, 11:47 PM
And.......... I was able to wear shorts and a t shirt

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2012, 12:16 AM
Always fancied watching a game of baseball. It's basically rounders which I grew up with at school.:smilewinkgrin:

So, after watching it live Alan, are you any closer to figuring out how the scoring works.:confused::confused::confused:

A.:D

Craig
3rd January 2012, 12:18 AM
And.......... I was able to wear shorts and a t shirt

I wore that today aswell ;). Infact still wearing them :clap:

EcosseGP
3rd January 2012, 12:50 AM
Think he was talking about American football as opposed to baseball .. Although I may be wrong ..
College football is as big as the NFL and I kinda keep an eye on Texas Tech "get those guns up" but only because my mates son plays for them !!

At 8000rpm no one hears you scream

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2012, 01:13 AM
Think he was talking about American football as opposed to baseball .. Although I may be wrong ..
College football is as big as the NFL and I kinda keep an eye on Texas Tech "get those guns up" but only because my mates son plays for them !!

I just re-read my post and it doesn't read right. I knew Alan was talking about American Fitba, but I was just sharing my own meanderings about some day wanting to watch a baseball match. But I can see how it didn't come over that way.

A.

Gismo
3rd January 2012, 01:14 AM
It was American football, but baseball scoring is easy, you run all the way to 4th base you get a point

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2012, 01:19 AM
It was American football, but baseball scoring is easy, you run all the way to 4th base you get a point

Stop avoiding the question:hand:. How does American Football score?:confused:

A.:D

Gismo
3rd January 2012, 12:05 PM
Ah, 6 points for a touchdown then 1 point if it's converted and 3 points for a field goal.
It's very rare not to score the conversion

Gismo
3rd January 2012, 12:35 PM
I should have mentioned, instead of trying the conversion you have the option of attempting another touchdown but you only get 2 points

N16SHP
6th January 2012, 07:05 PM
At least you picked the best college team to go and watch ;) went to Gainsville with my old man in 02 to see the Gators, and it is some atmosphere! I'd say hands down college sports across the board is waaaay better than anything in the pro's as its the purest form of sport. No wages, no ego's, just players playing for their pro careers!

I hope you joined in with the hand chant Alan :) ??

N16SHP
6th January 2012, 07:05 PM
Ah, 6 points for a touchdown then 1 point if it's converted and 3 points for a field goal.
It's very rare not to score the conversion

You can also score 2 points by pulling down the opposition QB in the endzone for a 'sack'!

Gismo
6th January 2012, 11:21 PM
I hope you joined in with the hand chant Alan :) ??Chomp chomp :lol:

You can also score 2 points by pulling down the opposition QB in the endzone for a 'sack'!Yep, well spotted :thumbs up: