PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Dakar Rally

zimbo
2nd January 2012, 01:09 PM
Well it's that time again!! The 2012 Dakar Rally got under way yesterday and I'm glad to report that the MINIs of which there are 5 (from the same team I think) all in different colour schemes finished the 1st day in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their category, not sure where the other two are placed at the moment, but it's looking good for MINIs :cool: keep up the good work guys :clap::motoring:

On a sad note tho, I believe one of the motorcyclists crashed about 2 miles short of the end of the days sessions and died from a heart attack :sad: despite the best efforts of the events doctors etc to save him. My thoughts go out to his friends and family at this time.

Stewart
2nd January 2012, 04:18 PM
YSV7sii9d-U

Shamelessly nicked from another site! Not really ever read up on this, so is it just A to B stages and you make your way there anyway you want on the ground? Looks fantastic fun.

Mini Ecosse
2nd January 2012, 07:43 PM
I have followed this event on Eurosport for many years :thumbs up:
An added interest is the mini's this year:thumbs up::thumbs up:

I fancy one of these amazing trucks, snow tyres instead of sand tyres and I would be able to keep up with Craig's Sportage PMSL

MINIme:)
2nd January 2012, 08:09 PM
the guy that took my 4x4 training has done this and man does he have a LOT of stories!!! I can't rem if he was support or team poss both, different years but i didn't know anything about it before his long stories - it sounded ace!! might try and find out what his involvement was if I remember later.

Craig
2nd January 2012, 08:54 PM
I fancy one of these amazing trucks, snow tyres instead of sand tyres and I would be able to keep up with Craig's Sportage PMSL

You wish !! :moonie: :lol:

Drthomp
2nd January 2012, 09:20 PM
You wish !! :moonie: :lol:

Having a countryman then I just need the stickers.....

Craig
2nd January 2012, 11:11 PM
Having a countryman then I just need the stickers.....

Stickers are in stock ;). Even still got some coloured ones :thumbs up:

N16SHP
15th January 2012, 05:07 PM
I see there was MINI success in the Dakar, winning the car category. I'm not a huge Dakar fan nor do I know a huge amount about it but good to see MINI seeing some success!

Mini Ecosse
15th January 2012, 05:39 PM
I see there was MINI success in the Dakar, winning the car category. I'm not a huge Dakar fan nor do I know a huge amount about it but good to see MINI seeing some success!

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

zimbo
16th January 2012, 10:44 AM
Yip 1st 2nd and 4th places and I think also 8th and 10th places for the minis :clap: so I would say they had an extremely successful Dakar, well done to every single team :thumbs up: