PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh's hogmanay fireworks

AndyP & Lenore
29th December 2011, 07:44 PM
We don't have tickets for the full bash, but we quite fancy seeing the fireworks. Where's best for viewing if you don't have a ticket to the Princes Street area?

A.

Craig
29th December 2011, 08:07 PM
I have heard that there is a park down ferry road that is the best place and forth fm normally have an outside broadcast there....

Craig
29th December 2011, 08:17 PM
Is it inverleith park ??

AndyP & Lenore
29th December 2011, 08:26 PM
I have heard that there is a park down ferry road that is the best place and forth fm normally have an outside broadcast there....

Oh cool. That's not far off where we'll be. Cool.:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.

JOHN MILNE
30th December 2011, 08:34 AM
yep its inverleith park been there a few times to see fire works
great view of the castle
its beside the botanic gardens

AndyP & Lenore
30th December 2011, 10:34 AM
Cool. Cheers. :thumbs up:

euan
30th December 2011, 10:02 PM
Been there to see the festival fireworks before, good spot I'd imagine without the hoards of tourists on Princes Street! Last time I went near there I couldn't actually see the fireworks as it was so rammed that we got stuck on george Street! they sounded good though...

AndyP & Lenore
30th December 2011, 10:44 PM
Been there to see the festival fireworks before, good spot I'd imagine without the hoards of tourists on Princes Street! Last time I went near there I couldn't actually see the fireworks as it was so rammed that we got stuck on george Street! they sounded good though...

That kind of crowd would freak me out, no way I could handle that.

So if the weather is dry I'm sure we'll head to Ferry Road.

Cheers for the input folks.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.