PDA

View Full Version : How much for a tyre for a Clio ??

Craig
28th December 2011, 06:55 PM
Friend of mine got a phone call from his wife the other day saying she had a puncture. He said I'll sort it when I finish work, however by the time he finished, she had already dropped it off at Kwik Fit. :thud:

Guess what - the tyre was not repairable and a new tyre was required. Now the tyre was a 195/50/16 and how much fitted ? £234 :frown:

I was speechless :ragin:

GCA3N
28th December 2011, 07:31 PM
Kwik fit can be robbing barstewards. Heard so many similar things about them and sadly to say most involved women. Btw before anyone says anything this is because unscrupulous men take advantage. A friend of my mum asked me about tyres a while ago saying she had been in at kwikfit who had quoted her £800 for 4 tyres. I cannot remember the size but I do remember thinking that's a lot. I contacted them on the phone asking for a price for the same four tyres and they quoted me £500 (ish). I then informed them my mum would be round to get them fitted. It is extremely sad that this kind of stuff happens in 2012.

Craig
28th December 2011, 07:45 PM
What's more amazing is she got another puncture yest and I got it replaced today for £86 all in ;). Bit of a difference :clap:

MINIme:)
28th December 2011, 09:33 PM
it's a nightmare being a bird sometimes. I have to say the only time I felt ripped off with tyres was with a runflat puncture on way up to aberdeen a few yrs ago which for some reason i went to JC to replace a couple of days later. I can't imagine why I went there. And they 'discovered' that 2 had punctures. Aye right. :ragin: And it was my birthday :sad: Luckily my dad had said he'd pay. And I can't say I enjoyed the phonecall where I had to tell him it was 2 instead of one...

never paid more than about 125 for a 16" runflat though. national tyres and autocentre placey in partick gave me a whacking AA discount of about 30%. They always seemed to be decent enough to me. maybe I smiled the right way?! Never went back to kwikfit after a tyre fitted there in Llandudno when I lived there was put on at 10psi over what it should have been. I'd even asked if the tyre pressures had been set right. Labelled them as careless/incompetent and have avoided them ever since.

bullet
28th December 2011, 11:30 PM
ive never been a fan of kwik fit,one word sums it up.....AVOID !.theres lots of tyre fitters out there,shop around.:nag:

T5LLC
29th December 2011, 12:14 AM
I got a price from quickfit once and was shocked that even bmw managed to do it cheaper and thats saying something lol...

weefossy
29th December 2011, 12:46 PM
I am sure that if you go back and complain hard, they will reduce the cost and be oh so apologetic....that it was a mistake etc etc. I do think they try it on and see if they get away with it. Do they not have a price match gtee? i would go back armed with other receipt for £86.00

Craig
29th December 2011, 01:39 PM
I am sure that if you go back and complain hard, they will reduce the cost and be oh so apologetic....that it was a mistake etc etc. I do think they try it on and see if they get away with it. Do they not have a price match gtee? i would go back armed with other receipt for £86.00

That's the problem Malcolm, he phoned the manager of the centre and also the HQ customer services and none of them were interested :frown: they said the price was justified plus the wheel alignment they carried out aswell :thud:

Stewart
29th December 2011, 05:39 PM
That’s scandalous for the price for one Clio tyre and spinning out a wheel alignment that was most likely not warranted

I was not much more for my four Uniroyal Non RF tyres fitted.