PDA

View Full Version : FL2 traded in for Countryman

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 08:46 PM
Just traded our FL2 in for this Cooper S All 4 Countryman.

It's a June 2011 former MINI car with:
Light White with black roof
Aero Kit
Black spot lamps
Media pack with sat nav, MINI connected and full bluetooth and USB
18" Double spoke anthracite alloys
Auto box - of course!
Carbon black interior, piano black trim and anthracite lining.
Chili pack
Vision pack.

More pics once I've cleaned it. Just home from the dealer (Cooper in Durham) and it's manky already.

http://tili.co.uk/MINI/countryman_small.jpg

Forbes
23rd December 2011, 09:02 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9q88viaxG1qds55lo1_400.gif

MINI William
23rd December 2011, 09:14 PM
Nice car. Always loved the Countryman:yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 09:27 PM
Cheers guys.

First modification just paid for.

A nice shiny WWW.NEWMINISCOTLAND.CO.UK sticker.

A.

Neil - TXJ
23rd December 2011, 09:35 PM
Looking good Andy.

Craig
23rd December 2011, 09:38 PM
Much nicer than the FL2. It looked like you sold "product" from that vehicle :lol:

Looking forward to nicer wheels on it :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 09:48 PM
Much nicer than the FL2. It looked like you sold "product" from that vehicle :lol:

Looking forward to nicer wheels on it :yes nod:

Aye as daft as it is, I think these are gonna end up being our "winter wheels". Lenore really wants the R112 JCW's but they are £2.5k :thud:

:lol: at the "product" reference.

Gonna get some graphics organised in the new year. :D

A.

MINI William
23rd December 2011, 09:53 PM
Aye as daft as it is, I think these are gonna end up being our "winter wheels". Lenore really wants the R112 JCW's but they are £2.5k :thud:

:lol: at the "product" reference.

Gonna get some graphics organised in the new year. :D

A.

They are 4 Stud wheels. Countryman is 5. Can get some nice Countryman wheels though

MINIme:)
23rd December 2011, 09:57 PM
ooh! didn't see this coming, did I miss an announcement or was this on the sly?! Very nice :yes nod: enjoy! :thumbs up:!

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 10:15 PM
They are 4 Stud wheels. Countryman is 5. Can get some nice Countryman wheels though

Ooops. My bad. Typo. It's the R129 she's after.

Here they be.

http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini-parts/36116796992_1.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 10:15 PM
ooh! didn't see this coming, did I miss an announcement or was this on the sly?! Very nice :yes nod: enjoy! :thumbs up:!

You didn't miss anything Joanna. Kept the cards close until we picked it up.

A.

zimbo
23rd December 2011, 10:51 PM
:thumbs up: very nice Mr and Mrs P

KenL
23rd December 2011, 10:57 PM
Nice. Enjoy your new car.

Mini Ecosse
23rd December 2011, 11:01 PM
Very nice. I do like the colour :thumbs up:

RobSco
23rd December 2011, 11:10 PM
Very Nice Andy and Lenore... :thumbs up:...Had one on loan from Peter Vardy Last week and I loved driving it... :yes nod:

MINIme:)
23rd December 2011, 11:15 PM
will be very interested to hear how you find it as my mum is contemplating a countryman for her next car (she's not ready to change yet though). Prob All 4 as she misses the freelander. Prob cooper or one rather than s though.
Actually I think it's only cooper up that has All4 option.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 11:48 PM
Cheers for the kind comments everyone.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Joanna, we're loving it so far, although Lenore has hardly driven it yet.

We traded our Freelander 2 in for it and the countryman is a far nicer car all round. We liked our FL2 and it did the job for us, but it just wasn't fast enough tbh.

You're right, All4 is only on Cooper and above. And IMHO there's not much point in going for a Countryman and not going for the 4 wheel drive option.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
23rd December 2011, 11:55 PM
Totally forgot to say earlier.... :thud:

We were 2 miles away from the dealership with the Countryman and got a warning light on the dash "adaptive headlights failure".

So, back to dealer and they took it into the workshop to have a look-see. Turns out one of the headlights isn't swivelling when it's supposed to. So, new headlight being sent in to Vardy's and the car is booked in there on Thursday to get fixed.

Not particularly happy that this was missed on the PDI, but the car only landed with Cooper Durham on Tuesday so they haven't had very long to work on it and in that time they had to fit the body kit and the spots - which were not on the car when it was sitting in Cooper Cobham.

Let's just say it's clear we're back to "warranted" MINI ownership. :lol:

A.

Stewart
24th December 2011, 12:23 AM
As I said on the old FB, Very nice.

Be interesting to see how you get on with the car and what you do graphics wise. I still like that Canadians one with the blue on the black. Friend got the All4 Cooper S last winter with all the toys and loves it. It looks a big beast parked next to my wee Coop.

My only hesitation was when she ordered it, she picked silver roof on the brown with silver bonnet stripes, Black Alloys and I have to say it works well.

Enjoy the new motor and the new toys with it like Mini connect

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:51 AM
Just installed the MINI Connected app. Looks cool. :D

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:54 AM
We also wanted to put 4 spots on it but were told by the dealer it can't be done. We laugh in the face of "can't be done" so are going to explore this further. I seem to remember the fossies having 4 spots on all their MINI's and it's usually Vardy that does it for them I think.

A.

Bazthemod
24th December 2011, 12:56 AM
Looks ace! Mini connected is a great toy!

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 01:43 AM
Looks ace! Mini connected is a great toy!

Cheers Baz.

Seen your mini connected messages on your FB wall from time to time and it looks cool.

A.

Stewart
24th December 2011, 02:29 AM
We also wanted to put 4 spots on it but were told by the dealer it can't be done. We laugh in the face of "can't be done" so are going to explore this further. I seem to remember the fossies having 4 spots on all their MINI's and it's usually Vardy that does it for them I think.

A.

http://s3.motoringfile.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/P90083005_653-640x344.jpg

:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
24th December 2011, 04:37 AM
Nice one Andy, be interesting to hear your thoughts on the All 4 wheel drive

Drthomp
24th December 2011, 08:58 AM
Looks good!!! We get our cooper d on Friday!! Same black and white colors but only 2wd. Still think I'm going to miss my clubman when it goes. Nice car thou!!!

GCA3N
24th December 2011, 09:09 AM
Very nice folks, enjoy.

gauldrymini
24th December 2011, 11:01 AM
Nice Countryman Andy, same colour combo as our Cooper D All4 when it arrives.

Craig
24th December 2011, 11:22 AM

A.

Malcolm did all the positioning and making up of the brackets for the spots (for his R56's) and got an auto electrician to wire them up as far as I know Andy..... ;)

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Malcolm did all the positioning and making up of the brackets for the spots (for his R56's) and got an auto electrician to wire them up as far as I know Andy..... ;)

Ahhhh. OK. So they can't just be attached to the plastic grille then?

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Nice Countryman Andy, same colour combo as our Cooper D All4 when it arrives.

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:03 PM
Looks good!!! We get our cooper d on Friday!! Same black and white colors but only 2wd. Still think I'm going to miss my clubman when it goes. Nice car thou!!!

I'm sure you'll love the extra space in the Countryman.:thumbs up:

A.

Gismo
24th December 2011, 12:13 PM
I installed 4 spots on one of my R53's, i used the MINI brackets that are supplied for the 2 spot option and they lined up just off centre but noticeable.
I then had mikey install the spot bar available from mini sport.

So, defo, you can install 4 spots, though never done it on a Countryman

weefossy
24th December 2011, 12:14 PM
Andy, as everyone knows, I'm not a big fan of the Countryman, but that's as nice a model as I've seen. With nice wheels and 4 spots, It will look great. Much more practical with the 4 wheel drive and much better looking than the FL2...imho
Putting 4 spots on is a simple DIY exercise, especially as you already have two connected. More than happy to explain how. In fact if Mrs F is a good girl and Santa does his job, you can watch me do the job on the Van.
Re graphics, I believe BMW are spending about £3k of graphics on the Countryman "Rally Replica" they are bringing out. I'm sure you could get there before them at a lot less cost.........would look really really good.

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 12:49 PM
Cheers Malcolm. As easy a DIY job as it may be, theres no way I'd trust myself to fit them.

Sounds like we need an auto electrician.

As for graphics.... Gonna contact Carlo in the new year and talk over some options. :thumbs up:

A.

Gismo
24th December 2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe time to change the text in your signature too :Whistle:

ianking
24th December 2011, 05:14 PM
Like others Im not a huge fan of the Countryman but your new car could really turn me. That really looks good with the aero kit and the 18s.

I really do need a bigger car and one of them with All4 would make so much more sense for me now but would loose far to much money changing my car after 6 months.

Maybe in a year or so from now I could be tempted top get a nice white All4 S with aero kit (and a proper 6 speed manual :p)

All the best with the new car

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe time to change the text in your signature too :Whistle:

It's still valid Alan. Just need to add in the Countryman. :thumbs up:

weefossy
24th December 2011, 06:27 PM
Andy, the electrics is the really easy bit, no harder than wiring a plug. It's the welding and making the bracket to hold the extra spots, that takes the effort, but still happy to explain.

AndyP & Lenore
24th December 2011, 07:23 PM
Cheers Malcolm.

On looking at cherished countrymans on MINI's web site there's a few which have 4 spots. And tbh I can't see a support bar. So I'm wondering if the countryman has a different grill strength that negates the need for a bar.

Gonna call one of the dealers selling one of them and see how helpful they are with how it was done. I would imagine if they were very opposed to it being done, they'd have ripped the extra set off before they put the car up for sale.

A.