PDA

View Full Version : Help

T5LLC
22nd December 2011, 10:54 PM
I know its been a while but been so busy and had some bad times with my MINI. Just really looking to see if anyone has had similar issues...

The turbo on my car went ( fault with wastegate, BMW said it was common? ) in August and it was just over 3 years old so I came to an arrangement with BMW and I paid 20% they paid the rest as a good will.. 1 month later the engine management light came on they then charged me £120 to plug in and tell me it was an oxygen sensor ( I didnt replace it and the light never came back on ) anyway just last week the turbo was making funny noises so I got my boyfriend to have a look and he advised get Mini to pick it up as turbo was blowing oil everywhere and melting parts on my engine cover... once BMW got it they diagnosed it and said was a faulty turbo again... this time it hadent been sealed right and was spraying oil and gasses everywhere.. They agreed to replace the turbo and parts.. I went in today and got charged £300, labour to find the problem then the oil that the turbo sprayed everywhere.. Can anyone advice of similar issues or where I should go with this???

Sorry huge story... lol

Leanne

EcosseGP
22nd December 2011, 10:57 PM
Leanne can I just confirm the turbo went on your car, you had it fixed and within a couple of months it's gone again .. Is that right ? And the job was done by the BMW garage ?

T5LLC
22nd December 2011, 10:58 PM
Leanne can I just confirm the turbo went on your car, you had it fixed and within a couple of months it's gone again .. Is that right ? And the job was done by the BMW garage ?

Yeah thats right. Back to Eastern Mini each time... Turbo went within 3 and a bit months of being replaced

MINIme:)
22nd December 2011, 11:00 PM
:sad:
I wish I could offer any help or advice but am a bit clueless. However should the work they carried out only a few months ago not have been covered by any sort of warranty for workmanship??

T5LLC
22nd December 2011, 11:07 PM
I did get warranty to a certain degree.. But got charged for stuff also...

Craig
23rd December 2011, 12:13 AM
Sorry to hear that chuck ! Any parts fitted by mini should be covered for 1 year so push for your cash back :(

Stewart
23rd December 2011, 12:44 AM
As the newer Turbo problem was caused by BMW not carrying out the required work to a standard then they must be at fault. I just don’t see how they could charge labour when its there mechanical staff that made to put it bluntly an arse of the new turbo install. As you did actually pay (even a percentage) for the work to be carried out in the first case with the original Turbo you’ve formed a contract that is binding that this work is carried satisfactory and it has not by there own emission with them saying it had not been sealed right.

I’d get in contact with Mini direct, in fact I’d have left my car with them and not paid till this was sorted out. I know they done a deal on the first turbo and credit due for that but the second only lasted 3 months due to there incompetence that must come under trading standards acts.

Sorry to read that Leanne, your car is a lovely example and I hope you get something back especially at this time of year.

T5LLC
23rd December 2011, 06:00 PM
As the newer Turbo problem was caused by BMW not carrying out the required work to a standard then they must be at fault. I just don’t see how they could charge labour when its there mechanical staff that made to put it bluntly an arse of the new turbo install. As you did actually pay (even a percentage) for the work to be carried out in the first case with the original Turbo you’ve formed a contract that is binding that this work is carried satisfactory and it has not by there own emission with them saying it had not been sealed right.

I’d get in contact with Mini direct, in fact I’d have left my car with them and not paid till this was sorted out. I know they done a deal on the first turbo and credit due for that but the second only lasted 3 months due to there incompetence that must come under trading standards acts.

Sorry to read that Leanne, your car is a lovely example and I hope you get something back especially at this time of year.

I know what you mean, they are to blame for the 2nd turbo going. I mean where was the quality control...

I got fed up dealing with the service manager so wrote a letter then emailed it to principle dealer at Eastern who replied within 10 minutes saying he was disappointed to hear about my experience and was going to contact Mini UK and his team and get back to me. Fingers crossed something happens as my job cards for this Mini are pages long its had that many issues... :-( I did end my email saying I do love the Mini brand but have no confidence in my Mini anymore..