PDA

View Full Version : I made a HUGE mistake........

Flash_Amber
22nd December 2011, 08:12 PM
...... and sold my Cooper! Kinda convinced myself I needed a bigger car but I cant live with it anymore. Bought an 08 plate diesel Mondeo :blush: and have only had it 5 weeks and already I hate it! So, now looking for a clubby :D

Drthomp
22nd December 2011, 08:35 PM
About to trade our clubbie in for a countryman!! Cooper d with pepper pack!! As in pic

Flash_Amber
22nd December 2011, 08:43 PM
Have you agreed a trade in?

GCA3N
22nd December 2011, 08:58 PM
Dear oh dear oh we'll atleast it's an excuse to get another new car.

Flash_Amber
22nd December 2011, 09:07 PM
Quite liking this one http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/white-mini-cooper-2008/93236265

bullet
22nd December 2011, 10:09 PM
when i bought my car i iniatially thought i had made a huge mistake,i wasnt happy at all with the handling but im blaming it on the runflats and getting used to it now,ah well.:popcorn:

LadyR
23rd December 2011, 12:49 AM
Noo :( when my cooper broke they sent me a brand new (5k on clock) focus and I hated it for the first couple of days. Much easier and way more room, but once your set in the way of a mini you get used to how damn unpractical they are!you gonna stick with it? I nearly put my face through the windscreen when I picked up my cooper again- such a vast difference from the spongy hire cars brakes!!!

Stewart
23rd December 2011, 01:12 AM
Hope you find something.

To me a Mini is never a sensible car, two doors with not much room in the back and a tiny boot.You have to compromise most of the time. You kind of sign up when you pick up the keys to an agreement you’ll enjoy the drive and love the car but remove practicality from your motoring vocabulary.

Would I change for a bigger Honda, BMW or even Ford......nah:smilewinkgrin:

Mon the fish
23rd December 2011, 09:12 AM
Practicality - boring. Don't change your car, change your life! I bought an old Volvo a few years ago, just to carry mountain bikes as I wasn't changing the Works. Having a cheap banger is great, means you don't ever need to take the Mini to car parks or anywhere like that.

Flash_Amber
23rd December 2011, 10:52 AM
I got the Mondeo as I've started my own business and needed to take my work etc to craft fairs all over the country and although everything would go in the Mini (with the seats down) I thought It would be more sensible and practical to get a bigger car. But I absolutely and utterly hate the practicalness of the thing. It has the sport pack so the ride is fairly firm but it's not Mini-firm! No-body looks at the car when I pass and its just not 'fun' to drive. I want the awkward, unpractical and fun back into my life!

SuperCooperS
24th December 2011, 03:26 PM
i had my one seven for a year.. got rid of it due to the rediculoursly bad economy.. this followed by 3 sporty vx corsas, hated them alll and have had two more minis since.. I think ill always have a mini whether its a second car, weekend funner or tyhe main car.. they are ace