PDA

View Full Version : I entered a Competition,It went down to judges at Vardy’s and it got through

Stewart
14th December 2011, 07:19 PM
I entered a Competition for a car for three Months. It went down to judges at Vardy’s. I think you can only vote from Facebook.
:thankyou:

https://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/156962/voteable_entries

GCA3N
14th December 2011, 09:37 PM
Voted buddy.

MINIme:)
14th December 2011, 10:27 PM
me too :bye:

stoney
14th December 2011, 11:16 PM
done 2 times for you mate 1 me and 1 Christine :thumbs up:

Stewart
15th December 2011, 01:36 AM
Cheers All :thumbs up:

Sheilz
15th December 2011, 02:15 PM
:bigwave:

Craig
15th December 2011, 02:30 PM
Voted :thumbs up:

Stewart
9th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Cheers for the Votes!

Just Won a car for three months and fuel!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7aE5goOsQHY/TtCgvFU3JkI/AAAAAAAADIc/Mwn12qApZks/s320/Vauxhall-Astra-GTC.jpg

ok its not a Mini but hay Ill take it and have a play up north...

stoney
9th January 2012, 07:48 PM
congrats mate well done :thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th January 2012, 08:13 PM
Well done mate. Is it the car in the pic?

Mini Ecosse
10th January 2012, 09:44 AM
Well done:thumbs up::thumbs up:

LadyR
10th January 2012, 10:16 AM
Nice! If you'd rather a mini I'll happily swap :D what is the car you won, I can't see from my mobile?

Stewart
10th January 2012, 12:46 PM
, I can't see from my mobile?

Its an Astra GTC! Actually really only looked at what the car looked like last night on U tube, it looks nice.

rpn
10th January 2012, 04:34 PM
Lucky you and well done.

N16SHP
10th January 2012, 04:41 PM
Nice! You'll have to let me know how it is Stewart, as that's something I've been considering as a Mini replacement for late/early next year!

Sheilz
11th January 2012, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Stewart. Always wondered if comps for nice prizes like this were genuine. Now I know they are. Enjoy your new motor.

Stewart
11th January 2012, 01:27 AM
Cheers Folks, plan to go on a few runs in it.

Neil honestly even though it looks a nice car I think its not up to the Cooper S.

N16SHP
11th January 2012, 10:21 AM
Cheers Folks, plan to go on a few runs in it.

Neil honestly even though it looks a nice car I think its not up to the Cooper S.

Yeah, I've had a couple of test drives in other cars and your right, nothing come close to putting the grin on my face like my S does, but with our family expanding from 2-3 hopefully next year, two Mini's is just not going to be practical :(

Stewart
27th January 2012, 03:29 PM
I just got all the bumf through the door, as expected you need to keep a wee blog and the odd picture, not a problem as I planned a few nice runs up north. But was I mad to expect everything to be in the Competition Covered?:blush:

“ The Winner will be required to insure the Astra GTC and will be responsible for its safe return after 3 months , Maximum mileage for the vehicle being 5000 mile”

“I would like to draw your attention you will be required to arrange Comprehensive insurance for the duration of ownership”:thud:

Granted I’ll wait till I get the exact car details that are to follow but as I’m having to really watch the penny’s (as always):unsure: I just think I might give the whole thing a miss. I was planning a few runs up north in April as the car does come with a limited £200 fuel card, and was looking forward to going a few places and getting some nice pic’s and doing a wee blog.

I’ve never taken out short term 90 days cover and not sure how my insurance would react to me putting on a brand new car along with my Mini. As you know insurance can be a dangerous beast at times to play about with. Surprisingly my renewal was only a few pounds more this year after some of the horror stories I read on the various forums.

Seriously this time of year my car can do 25 miles a week and only being used about three days out a week. So the idea of having a car to try was appealing at first but in the end I have to look at it in two ways.

One – This is in the end going to cost me at a rough guess £100 to insure for the 90 days. And although I would try and use it, it’s going to be driven probably no more 800 miles over the period. Most of the time its going to be Static Art on the drive and company for the Mini.

Two- Stop being an Arse, it’s a brand new car with free petrol! Paying what ever the insurance is nothing to the rental cost of a car for three months that would probably be £1500. So just take the small hit and enjoy the car and stop being such a big Girls blouse! :p

If I didn’t have a car there would not be a question as I’d take it a run but paying insurance on two cars sitting on the drive when really I need to keep spending down to a minimal seems a bit silly. Scary thought is I can see myself just saying thanks but no thanks but will wait till my own insurance give me a fright first. :rolleyes:

Pity it was not just and extended test drive of a Mini Works Roadster over a long weekend with everything covered for free, I’d be happy with that just to experience some of the roads up to Oban or Plockton. :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2012, 05:56 PM
Thats a shame Stewart. I hate it when you get a deflate like that.:frown::frown:

You are being a girls blouse over it all though and I would probably just insure it and enjoy the time with it, but it's easy for me to say when I don't have to pay it out.

It does seem wrong that they are making the winners pay for the insurance for the car.:frown:

A.

Craig
27th January 2012, 06:47 PM
Hmmm Stewart.... I suppose it may have been in the small print, but if you win a cruise, you don't want to have to pay for he flight to get to the boat in Miami to go your free cruise... :rolleyes:

They do say there is no such thing as a free lunch and this proves it... If it was me (and you have said you do such a small mileage) I would leave it.... :frown: like you say, if it was a Roadster you were being given, then it would be a different story... :thumbs up:

Stewart
27th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah bit deflated, there was a young girl that got through as well, how was she going to get insured for a 19K Coupe if she had she won? :frown:

I’m going to have a wee think over the weekend….A mate said the same thing as Andy there “Don’t be daft it’s a free car and you can right off the cost to insure off the petrol £200 there giving you. I’d probably put £40 a month in the Mini so thats £120 usage there. The insurance might not be shocking as I imagine as lets face it I’m the only one insured to drive my Mini and apart from the Value of the GTC at 19K if I’m driving it I’m not driving the Mini so its safe tucked up the driveway. You cant drive two cars at once although I’m sure the insurance industry has an answer for that…

Its all great thinking you’ve got a nice car to try out over three months and think up a few runs and are prepared to put a wee effort in to review it and enjoy it only to be hit with a cost right off the bat. :sad:

To be fair there may have been small print saying “Winners have to insure the cars” but I never seen it. I just seen the Competition with the PV link on facebook and instantly thought of the Highland Tour and it was all done in 5 min’s flat.

Reminds me of the Guy I nearly told to Sod off when I won Tickets to “Take-That!” as I instantly thought right what is the catch.

Gismo
27th January 2012, 07:32 PM
You'd have to insure the free car at full rate with no no claims bonus as well so it'll be more expensive.
I'd take the free petrol card though

Stewart
27th January 2012, 07:39 PM
Is that right I was just going to put it on as a second car? I have full 75% NCD...if the insurance becomes a joke then not being Ungrateful for the offer but it’s a non starter and they will be getting told as such.

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2012, 07:42 PM
Ha! That's an idea Alan.:idea:

Tell them to keep the prize car. Take the fuel card and spend it blasting around the highlands in your MINI for a couple of weeks. Then send them a write-up about how great your MINI is.:thumbs up:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th January 2012, 07:45 PM
You may be able to persuade them to share the NCB over the two cars, explain the circumstances and they can only say "sod off". But you never know.

Here's a plan! Presumably Vauxhall have an insurance parter and PV Vauxhall will have ties to them similar to the way the MINI dealers are registered with MINI Insurance. Speak to the dealer providing you with the car and see if they can arrange cheap/free insurance with Vauxhall. If you don't ask...

A.

Stewart
27th January 2012, 07:51 PM
Bet Jeremy Clarkson does not have this problem when he’s offered a run about!:smilewinkgrin:

Aye pity runners up prize was not just a Fuel card, I'd be more happy with that right now. Nothing is simple as it seems.
:ragin:

Balls now i find the small print::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::smilewinkgrin :

Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a competition you must be:
(a) UK resident; and
(b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
© Hold a valid Full UK Driving Licence.
2. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Peter Vardy Ltd or any subsidiary of Peter Vardy Ltd.
3. No purchase necessary, Winner must be able to pick up Astra GTC from one of our 5 dealerships across Scotland.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. If you want to enter a competition you may enter via Facebook on the applicable competition page.
6. Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. The winner will be selected at random by an employee in the Marketing Team at Peter Vardy Ltd and witnessed by a company director.
8. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Peter Vardy Ltd reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
9. If you win a competition, we will notify you by post and e-mail. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Peter Vardy Ltd., The Wright Business Center, 1 Lonmay Road, Glasgow, G33 4EL after the closing date.
11. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Peter Vardy Ltd may require.
12. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
14. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
15. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
16. This competition is being run by Peter Vardy Ltd, The Wright Business Center, 1 Lonmay Road, Glasgow, G33 4EL.
17. Please read our Privacy Policy which tells you how we use any personal information we may collect about you by entering a competition.
18. Peter Vardy Ltd reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Peter Vardy Ltd may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
19. Peter Vardy Ltd will endeavour to have the 5 Astra GTC vehicles available for pickup on 1st Febuary but cannot guarantee this delivery time. We will contact you when it is ready for pick up and advise you of the location and opening hours of the dealership.
20. The winner of the Astra GTC must agree to certain Terms and Conditions such as willingness to provide us with photo and video content for promotional use for up to 1 year after competition draw. We will also have the exclusive right to use the content as our own for an unlimited period after this.
21. The winner will be required to insure the Astra GTC and will be responsible for its safe return after the 3 months to one of our dealerships. We would like to make you aware of a MAXIMUM mileage of 5,000 miles for the vehicle.
22. The submitted story is required to be completed by the winner within the 1st month or we reserve the right to withdraw the vehicle from you.
23. Peter Vardy Ltd remains the exclusive owner of the Vehicle throughout the 3 month period.
24. The winner will be expected to provide us with 1 blog post every week. It should compromise of Written and either Video or Photo content. We request a minimum standard of work and expect the content you provide to protect the brand image of all companies involved: not limited to Peter Vardy Ltd and Vauxhall.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Vauxhall. You understand that you are providing your information to Peter Vardy Ltd and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for announcing the competition winner.

N16SHP
27th January 2012, 09:06 PM
Thats a bummer Stewart :(

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2012, 08:24 PM
I see from FB the first winner collected the Astra today. Decided what to do Stewart?

A.

Stewart
14th February 2012, 11:58 PM
Jen got round the few problems we all found ourselves facing namely not being the registered owner! There a good lot the others, we’ve had good wee chats over the FB and I wish them well. As far as I know one of the other lads after hours and getting no where went to Bell/admiral who seem to realistically understand. Jen does not have a car so it’s a bonus to her and its more worthwhile to her as she has not another car sitting there costing money. The other lad was on his 8th Company. :sad:

I was trying under my own insurance but the temp cover only lasted a maximum 49 days and taking the better option that would have cost me £40 a month for a year policy that could be cancelled after 90 days was fine right up to the point I said right forget about putting it through till you give me an answer on is this ok with me not being the registered owner that you keep on glossing over? Came back after two talks with line manager, nope! :ragin:

So wished Jen to have fun but I’m out:blush:. looks an nice car as well, not too keen it has text up the side right enough were is the fun kidding your Neighbours on you have a second car when it tells them the story on the back quarter…..Plus realistically I think they actually wanted me to do my run, that was never going to happen when I’m doing it with Paul later on. :D

I hate phoning insurance but they were actually as helpful as they could be but if you don’t fit into a nice category there a bit lost. I could have done a bit more granted but end of the day it was going to cost me and Euan at PV has been very understanding.

Lesson learned “Read the Bloody small print you Arse” before entering! Got to say it did also say on the Take-That tickets won that me and Louise had to make our own way there at our own expense -That would be an Black A8 right to the door at no cost :smilewinkgrin: Small print you have to love it......

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2012, 12:14 AM
It's a real shame it hasn't worked out for you. :frown:

For what it would have added to the bill, I'm not sure why PV haven't just insured it themselves for everyone. Would strike me as the easiest way to turn a PR negative into a PR positive. :idunno:

A.

MINIme:)
15th February 2012, 01:15 AM
I had missed all of this back from 27th jan Stewart. What a shame :sad: none of these problems would have occurred to me either. Like you say though, if it was a JCW....

Craig
15th February 2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear it hasn't worked out Stewart ...

Stewart
15th February 2012, 11:47 AM
End of the day it's an Astra:smilewinkgrin: I'M sure the offer of a Mini Roadster will do.....Aye right wishful thinking. :D

Bit disapointed but nothing gained nothing lost kind of style plus I kept it quiet so no one really knew thankfully.

Just got an invite to see the Roadster. Now hold on where did I put it, its some place, oh that's right I don't have a spare 26K in my back pocket for a car. :smilewinkgrin: in showrooms from 25th this month.

Big Gordy
15th February 2012, 12:25 PM
I got an invite too for weekend 25th-26th I think it said.