PDA

View Full Version : Pre Reg deal

Glorious
9th December 2011, 12:36 AM
So I popped along to Vardy's last night to view what they had on the forecourt - emailed sales today and popped along at tea time - I was hoping to trade in my 3.5yo Dooper for a Countryman One D or Clubman D.

But I was taken by a nice Dooper hatch they had, the only one left that was pre-regged:

Spice Orange
Chili pack
17" Infinite Stream Alloys
Colour Line Carbon Black
Interior World Carbon Black
Roof & Mirror Caps in Black
White Indicator Lenses
Heated Mirrors/Washer Jets
DAB digital radio
Radio BOOST CD

I'm only paying £17 more a month, I saved £3k on the window price and pick it up on Monday.
:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
9th December 2011, 01:47 AM
Sounds like you got a good deal and to go 3 years newer for only £17 extra a month is a bargain.:thumbs up:

I wish you many miles of happy motoring.:smilewinkgrin:

Pics when you get it mind... :yes nod:

A.:D

Gismo
9th December 2011, 04:39 AM
Ooh, nice one, looking forward to seeing the piccies :thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th December 2011, 06:54 AM
Very nice indeed, a nice christmas pressie. Mind and lets see pics of her.

Craig
9th December 2011, 08:55 AM
Always good to get a good deal ;)

As said, nice Xmas pressie:xmastree::santa::xmastree::santa:

Glorious
9th December 2011, 10:56 AM
Cheers guys - it wasn't a colour I would ever have picked, but since me and my sons are all gingers it's gonna be a talking point in the street lol (I described the colour as "Ginger" to them and they were both chuffed).

I couldn't turn down the great deal that Mark and John worked out for me - from my old car I'm gaining half leather, bluetooth and cruise control and I just love the alloys (apparently they are an £800 option so I'm chuffed). Can't wait!

EcosseGP
9th December 2011, 11:17 AM
Way to go sometimes you've just got to take what's available colour and option wise to get a good deal but as long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. Oh a new car at Christmas how good would that be !!

It's not big .. But it is quick !!

Stewart
9th December 2011, 12:15 PM
Nice one!

Glorious
9th December 2011, 12:48 PM
Way to go sometimes you've just got to take what's available colour and option wise to get a good deal but as long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. Oh a new car at Christmas how good would that be !!

It's not big .. But it is quick !!

Very true - and it's my birthday before Xmas as well so it's really an early b'day pressie!

GCA3N
9th December 2011, 12:52 PM
I actually like the colour, quite unusual and not many about. Agreed about the wheels too, very nice indeed.

Glorious
9th December 2011, 04:07 PM
I actually like the colour, quite unusual and not many about. Agreed about the wheels too, very nice indeed.

Cheers - I've just ordered my first addition - an NMS sticker :thumbs up:

GCA3N
9th December 2011, 07:02 PM
Cheers - I've just ordered my first addition - an NMS sticker :thumbs up:

That's the start to a slippery road, just ask Joanna (MINIme:))

KenL
9th December 2011, 08:56 PM
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

KenL
9th December 2011, 09:58 PM
Sounds great. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

RobSco
9th December 2011, 10:23 PM
Looks like you got an Excellent Deal at Peter Vardy and as always the guys there will look after you - Look forward to seeing the Photo's... :thumbs up:

Gismo
10th December 2011, 07:40 AM
Cheers - I've just ordered my first addition - an NMS sticker :thumbs up:But you didn't say whether you wanted an inside or outside one :Whistle:

Glorious
10th December 2011, 05:00 PM
But you didn't say whether you wanted an inside or outside one :Whistle:

I had assumed they were all inside :rolleyes: - reply sent back for an inside one - cheers!

Craig
10th December 2011, 06:24 PM
I had assumed they were all inside :rolleyes: - reply sent back for an inside one - cheers!

I'll get it in the post for Monday ;)

Glorious
11th December 2011, 12:25 AM
I'll get it in the post for Monday ;)

Sweet!

weefossy
11th December 2011, 07:03 PM
Sounds nice and a totally differenet colour. Another great "pre-reg" deal from PV. These guys look like they are working hard for their annual bonus....good on em.

Glorious
12th December 2011, 07:55 PM
Sounds nice and a totally differenet colour. Another great "pre-reg" deal from PV. These guys look like they are working hard for their annual bonus....good on em.

Yeah I've been chuffed with the service from PV so far.

I picked the car up earlier - really happy with it. I've really realised how thrashed my old Dooper was - this drives smooth as silk and I can hardly hear the engine.

The black interior is awesome and it's nice to have the extras my old car was missing. Have only driven about 10 miles so far, but it feels glued to the road the way the old one was. Haven't really opened it up yet (do you still have to "break in" new cars - I thought you didn't) but I should be able to over the next few days.

Won't be able to take pics during daylight 'til the weekend unf but I will get some when I can (I love the colour in the flesh and so has everyone else who has seen it so far).

:D

MINIme:)
12th December 2011, 08:23 PM
:thumbs up: sounds fab! Word of good service spreads, as it should. I've been pestering them hard the last few days myself ;) Hopefully be over there next weekend or soon after so will report back your pleasure. Might see if I can sweet talk John McKinstry into letting me test drive something I blatantly can't afford while I'm there...a JCW or Coupe perhaps...:smilewinkgrin: As if I can afford one when I've had my cooper 2 months! He's a good guy though bless 'im, so maybe worth a try :Whistle:

Glorious
12th December 2011, 10:16 PM
:thumbs up: sounds fab! Word of good service spreads, as it should. I've been pestering them hard the last few days myself ;) Hopefully be over there next weekend or soon after so will report back your pleasure. Might see if I can sweet talk John McKinstry into letting me test drive something I blatantly can't afford while I'm there...a JCW or Coupe perhaps...:smilewinkgrin: As if I can afford one when I've had my cooper 2 months! He's a good guy though bless 'im, so maybe worth a try :Whistle:

Yeah they are good guys - I dealt with Mark and he's been great. I have referred a few friends to go there and take advantage of the deals (1 of them has a ltd edition Range Rover and he's after a Cooper D Countryman) so hopefully they'll get a few more sales out of my mates.

Can't wait until Sunday to take the car out properly (Xmas night out Friday so defo no driving on saturday :hand:).

KenL
12th December 2011, 10:50 PM
(1 of them has a ltd edition Range Rover and he's after a Cooper D Countryman)

Yeuch! Any MINI has a lot more class than one of them!

Back to your MINI, looking forward to the pics.

Glorious
12th December 2011, 11:21 PM
Yeuch! Any MINI has a lot more class than one of them!

Back to your MINI, looking forward to the pics.

Correct - it's a gawdy monstrosity - maroon with full maroon leather throughout - just as well I've turned him away from the Dark side :thumbs up:

Glorious
15th December 2011, 12:35 AM
I took a quick couple of pics on my phone whilst I was in a car park tonight - not the best but gives you an idea of the colour (which I am loving!):

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k432/gloriousmcclorious/IMAG0770.jpg

I just love the black interior:
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k432/gloriousmcclorious/IMAG0772.jpg

Whilst wiping off a wee bit of polish left by the garage, I noticed a few tiny swirlies as well. Not the best but you really have to look hard to see them. When I buy new again I'll ask the garage not to clean it.

15th December 2011, 12:40 AM
ooh I like it very much! the orange and black look really good together! you need to get yourself a wee thread on gallery showcase :popcorn: :smilewinkgrin:

and yeah I have wee scratches all over my black roof :( pretty gutting on a brand new car but I didn't know in advance to ask for it not to be cleaned.

RobSco
15th December 2011, 12:53 AM
Very nice colour and love the black interior, an excellent combination... :yes nod: ...Hope your enjoying it... :thumbs up:

Glorious
15th December 2011, 01:08 AM
Thanks guys - yeah the colour seems to change a lot in different lights, more than I've seen with other colours in the past. I'm really enjoying driving it but not really pushing it yet. We're still having "discussions" every morning about who takes this and who takes the Verso - my kids are now Mini daft!

NB Gallery showcase will follow! NMS sticker arrived today will be applied this weekend :thumbs up:

15th December 2011, 01:36 AM
my colour changes all the time too, I'm surprised as it's not metallic. Very green sometimes and very blue others! and very pale sometimes. Weird! One of their charms ;)

Stewart
15th December 2011, 10:41 AM
Very nice, like the Alloy's too.

The Black Roof I have a love hate relationship with. I like it on my car but it shows everything in the wrong light. I have to emit my roof is actually quite good. Think the dealers think you’re a bit special needs ( hope no offence light hearted comment and all) when your standing looking at split new car roofs for swirls for a comparison actually inside the dealers. :Whistle:

Worst offender is the Bird poo that can mark it in 0-60 seconds if you don’t wipe or notice it quick.:ragin:

Glorious
15th December 2011, 11:20 AM
No offence taken! :smilewinkgrin:

Considering it was a Pre Reg and I had no choice in any of the options I think I've landed on my feet. I had a coloured roof on my last Mini (BR Green) and loved the fact it wasn't black or white, but I actually really like the look of the black roof on this one.

The night I viewed the car was last Thursday when we had the gales - could barely see the car through the rain! I haven't bought a new car from a showroom for years - last ones have been through staff car scheme so you just order it and they deliver it to your door so no opportunity to check for swirls. I'll make sure when I take it in for servicing they don't clean it (and obviously the same when I buy my next one).

I'm now off to look at the car care forum to sort out my list of must buys :yes nod:

MINI William
15th December 2011, 02:28 PM
Nice car. I will have to keep an eye out for around Edinburgh :thumbs up:

KenL
8th January 2012, 06:09 PM
Hi Glorious,

Hope you see this or the PM I sent you :yes nod:

Could you please advise if your car came with the TLC service pack? Was it included in the price or did you pay extra for it?

Thanks,
KenL :thumbs up:

Glorious
9th January 2012, 08:09 PM
Got the PM Ken obv - just in case it helps anyone else, yeah, it was included :thumbs up: