PDA

View Full Version : Go Badges

Gismo
5th December 2011, 06:44 AM
Ok folks, i received an offer from a company called GoBadges

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies//link.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/gobadges.pdf)

Some blurb from the company:-

Hi Alan,

GoBadges offers 10% off all its products for club members. There is no fee for our design services, so you can send us your club logo or event and we will design a customized creation for you. Our club badges typically cost about £7 (or 10.99 USD) – without the discount.

Although our badges may be slightly higher in price, they are unique in that they are magnetically positioned on the car grille via our universal mounting system. The mounting kit securely traps the badges with an external trim ring, preventing theft, yet making it easy to interchange badges to fit your mood or celebrate a different occasion. The kit is easy to install and does not require tools.

We offer two styles of unique, high quality badges. Domed badges are printed on high quality 3" magnetic backed vinyl, with a high gloss weatherproof coating. Our 3D badges are laser cut acrylic designs layered for a unique visual effect with a 3" magnetic back. There are no others like them on the market!

Also, if you decide to purchase more than 1500 USD worth of badges, we will offer a 30% discount.

Please take a look over our brochure and website and let me know if you have any other questions. We would love to work with your club and would be willing to send some sample badges at your request.

Thank you!

Ali

GoBadges | www.gobadges.com
Camillus Station
6000 West Genesee Street
Camillus, NY, USA 13031
(315) 224-6846
Twitter:@GoBadges
Contact@GoBadges.com

I'm more than happy to have these for NMS members.
Might be time for a graphic designer to help out with a logo or we can use the current ones, let me know what you think

GCA3N
5th December 2011, 06:51 AM
Pretty funky and similar to http://www.magnetizedmini.com/ over on TM.

Craig
5th December 2011, 09:06 AM
*Cough new logo Cough*

Mini Ecosse
5th December 2011, 11:10 AM
Interested

EcosseGP
5th December 2011, 01:15 PM
Might be interested to depending on the design ..
Plus they don't require any tools for fixing always a bonus ...

It's not big .. But it is quick !!

stoney
5th December 2011, 06:25 PM
*Cough new logo Cough*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol:

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

MINIme:)
5th December 2011, 09:29 PM
I think the logo needs a wee saltire in there somewhere if it was to stand out on a grille :)
I do kind of know a designer - my friend's ex flatmates boyfriend :lol:
If you wanted to look into a new logo I could approach him and find out what he'd charge. I don't know the history of the current design or who did it or any of that so I hope I haven't just insulted anyone :wtf:

MINI William
5th December 2011, 09:52 PM
Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with our current logo. Also there is the fact that there is banners/ flags, tshirts jumpers etc out there with the current logo on. The only thing I would add is that our current window sticker is rather bland compared to other car clubs out there maybe the to could be incorporated somehow.

AndyP & Lenore
5th December 2011, 10:00 PM
I think the logo needs a wee saltire in there somewhere if it was to stand out on a grille :)
I do kind of know a designer - my friend's ex flatmates boyfriend :lol: http://www.vickerscreative.co.uk/
If you wanted to look into a new logo I could approach him and find out what he'd charge. I don't know the history of the current design or who did it or any of that so I hope I haven't just insulted anyone :wtf:

Joanna, I designed the current logo and I haven't really liked it from day one. I was working to a design guide from site owner The Gismo Man - that's what he wanted, that's what he got. And it was pretty well accepted at the time. but I do think it needs a significant refresh. I like the idea of a saltire in there somewhere. My design skills are severely limited so, someone else will need to take the baton on for designing a new one.

A.

5th December 2011, 10:20 PM
I really like the window sticker for its simplicity.

EcosseGP
6th December 2011, 12:08 AM
Definitely needs a saltire somewhere on it ..
Saltire
A MINI
NMS

"Simples"

Gismo
6th December 2011, 04:19 AM
Last time we looked at changing the logo there were plenty of ideas and offers of help but nothing came of it so i opted for the one we currently have.

More than happy to adopt a new fresher design, but, sadly, i'm not able to pay anyone for their services, i had hoped that we would have someone within the community to do it for us, they would get the obvious credit for their creation

Gismo
6th December 2011, 04:20 AM
Last time we looked at changing the logo there were plenty of ideas and offers of help but nothing came of it so i opted for the one we currently have.

More than happy to adopt a new fresher design, but, sadly, i'm not able to pay anyone for their services, i had hoped that we would have someone within the community to do it for us, they would get the obvious credit for their creation

GCA3N
6th December 2011, 06:51 AM
Can I suggest a competition Alan, where people can enter a design of their choice and then we can run a poll for a couple of weeks. The winning design being taken on as the new logo. I know I'd like a crack at doing it and I am sure there are others out there that would also like a shot.

Gismo
6th December 2011, 08:36 AM
Can I suggest a competition Alan, where people can enter a design of their choice and then we can run a poll for a couple of weeks. The winning design being taken on as the new logo. I know I'd like a crack at doing it and I am sure there are others out there that would also like a shot.Works for me :thumbs up:

Thread created here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22928-New-Logo&p=283947#post283947)

EcosseGP
6th December 2011, 09:04 AM
Funny that Grieg whilst I hadn't considered a competition I had thought with your artist ability that you might be able to "throw something into the ring" but a competition sounds like fun !!

GCA3N
6th December 2011, 10:07 AM
Works for me :thumbs up:

Thread created here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22928-New-Logo&p=283947#post283947)

Funny that Grieg whilst I hadn't considered a competition I had thought with your artist ability that you might be able to "throw something into the ring" but a competition sounds like fun !!

I am back next week so I'll get to work on something, Baz and Neil I am sure would be able to knock something up too.

6th December 2011, 10:13 AM
Grieg I had thought with your artist ability that you might be able to "throw something into the ring" but a competition sounds like fun !!

So had I :yes nod: but I didn't want to say as you hadn't said anything yourself! I feel well bad for saying I knew of a logo designer now :sad:

EcosseGP
6th December 2011, 03:32 PM
Well had a go in Grieg's absence ..

GCA3N
6th December 2011, 04:25 PM
Well had a go in Grieg's absence ..

They look excellent so far some nice ideas there.