PDA

View Full Version : Countryman not selling?

KenL
1st December 2011, 06:56 PM
Got a flyer from Vardy. They have 60, yes 60 Countryman for sale, all new, with at least £2k off list price!

AndyP & Lenore
1st December 2011, 07:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

MINIme:)
1st December 2011, 08:21 PM
crikey!! need a wee bit snow and they might suddenly have a load of demand. 60 is a LOT though!!?!

Craig
1st December 2011, 08:29 PM
Blooming eck! :thud:

bullet
1st December 2011, 09:28 PM
brian at vardys was telling me that also the coupe is proving to be a real sales dissapointment for mini and that they just cant shift them.the state of the economy surely cant be helping.people just are not spending there money.:popcorn:

GCA3N
1st December 2011, 09:37 PM
brian at vardys was telling me that also the coupe is proving to be a real sales dissapointment for mini and that they just cant shift them.the state of the economy surely cant be helping.people just are not spending there money.:popcorn:

Look as mini enthusiasts we can understand spending too much money on a mini but can I suggest that people not only don't have the extra money but look at the mini brand and ask "why am I spending this ammount of money on a mini"

1st December 2011, 09:46 PM
Don't actually have a clue how much the countryman is - is it quite a bit more than the mini?

GCA3N
1st December 2011, 10:09 PM
Joanna I was nearly talked out of my works this year for a 2011 countryman cooper S D with a JCW body kit. I was not fully loaded not by a long shot and the garage wanted £33,000 for it........:thud:

1st December 2011, 10:25 PM
hmm yes you'd want a good colour for that money :Whistle:

Stewart
1st December 2011, 11:27 PM
Was in the Dealers today and HF are doing an all white thing with about ten countrymen lined up at the front all white, they have been there for ages like that. Don’t know about you but if I see ten near identical cars it puts me off, your not looking at the one special car you think you have found but a production line.

Personally I’ve thought the whole brand was over priced for a few years. Got to remember you can walk in a pay 18K for a Cooper S and its bare bones basic none of the fancy stuff as when you do that it turns to 22k

However I’ve spotted cars that once 20k plus with sports packs are in deals for 18k a bit like that SD with sports pack I spotted down south. As for the coupe, even with me beginning to like it I still don’t see the point as most would agree the Hatchback does a better Job and has four seats. I’ve yet to see one on the road too which suggests to me in a mini saturated area Mini’s brand new trinket has not ticked the boxes.

Was it not Mini that bullishly said we don’t do deals we are a premium brand……

1st December 2011, 11:37 PM
Agree Stewart, that is a strange way to display a supposed luxury brand. I sure don't want to look like everyone else. When I was there in the summer they had masses of Ice Blue and PW Ones parked up the side. Scores of them! All basic One + Pepper Pack. No individuality at all. And the salesperson I spoke to made me feel like a time waster despite having nearly nailed down the spec on a car of approx 18k. Maybe it's an Arnold Clark thing (they own that dealership), the place just didn't feel very mini at all.

zimbo
2nd December 2011, 10:28 AM
To be honest I'm not really surprised about these models not selling (Countryman and Coupe') I mean I do like the countryman and one day I might be tempted by getting an All4 in white, but and it's a big BUT the price will have to be too good and end up being too good a deal to turn down :yes nod: as for the coupe' well that wont be finding a place on my driveway at anytime it's just not my cup of T (one mans meat is another mans poisen and all that)

And as has already been mentioned in here MINI has ALWAYS had the thought that they will never discount the prices of their cars. Well I think in this current world wide climate of very hard times for everyone including businesses such as theirs you would think that that "NO discount" strategy should be abolished and to be honest I think thats the only way forward for them otherwise they are just going to go down hill and rapidly too and end up with loads and loads of unwanted and unsold vehicles all over the place. Minis prices really are getting out of hand, like Stewart said 18k for a bog standard S, to me that is outrageous :hand: for that price youd expect some luxuries and not just a bog standard car.

RyanK
2nd December 2011, 11:13 AM
Pretty popular up here it seems with a fair few top spec S's floating around the town, still can't grow to them. Had a shot of a diesel one as a courtesy car a few months back and it was actually an alrite thing to go.

ianking
2nd December 2011, 12:55 PM
I think discount are starting to happen. I got a massive discount on my S with chilli and sport as it was built and in stock. I neve reven went in to buy it I was picking my JCW up from its end of warranty check and just couldnt say no. It made so much sense to get a brand new car again that was in the colour I wanted and I was paying quite a bit less every month. Just miss my big brakes thats all.

My mate bought a Countryman a couple months back and also got a massive discount. Traded his Clubman for one as it made sense to get a new car with the heavily discounted prices and low finance rate

gauldrymini
2nd December 2011, 02:08 PM
I managed a good discount and finance rate on the CooperD ALL4 Countryman we have ordered from Grassicks...just have the wait. I really like them and am looking forward to its arrival:motoring:

It is a vehicle that "ticks all the boxes" for our situation and that's what counts in my opinion:yes nod:

Bazthemod
2nd December 2011, 02:11 PM
There is massive discounts to be had these days, like Ian I got a great deal from Eastern on my JCW.

The difference being that these cars are all prebuilt by MINI in large batches, they then approach their best performing dealerships and offer them at reduced cost price. The dealers get a bargain and pass some of this saving on to the consumer. Yes the cars might not be as margin rich as a build to spec but to be honest when I was training with JC the focus was much more on number units rather than margin.

Just dont expect great discount when doing a bespoke spec car as there will not be as much margin in this for the dealers to negotiate.

To be honest I would never buy/spec new again, I will always look for prebuilt/registered deals as I saved near 5k on my car when compared to MINI configuration prices.

gauldrymini
2nd December 2011, 04:50 PM
:off topic: a wee bit
...did not realise you were with them Baz? How long was that for?...we changed to Grassicks as we found them better to deal with.

Bazthemod
3rd December 2011, 09:23 AM
:off topic: a wee bit
...did not realise you were with them Baz? How long was that for?...we changed to Grassicks as we found them better to deal with.

LOL long story, got job and did one day before they decided they wanted a woman sales person instead to give the team more dynamic. They didn't bother to tell me this however I heard from another member of the team. Was an HR shambles hence I cancelled my Coupe order and bought my new car at Eastern.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd December 2011, 10:45 AM
LOL long story, got job and did one day before they decided they wanted a woman sales person instead to give the team more dynamic. They didn't bother to tell me this however I heard from another member of the team. Was an HR shambles hence I cancelled my Coupe order and bought my new car at Eastern.

Sorry for still being :off topic: but that's a sexual discrimination case waiting to happen. Unbelievable. :frown:

A. :frown:

Stewart
3rd December 2011, 03:30 PM
Last night Menzies had a pre-registered list that I've not seen before.

http://www.menziesmini.co.uk/finance_insurance/own.html?id=2127

weefossy
3rd December 2011, 08:54 PM
Baz has summed up well what is happening with prices and pre-registered cars. It's also the time of year where the good dealers have hit their annual targets already and every car sold before the end of the year brings in a massive bonus element to the dealership, some of which they can pass on. In short it's a good time to buy from stock, but not on a specific order.

Glorious
7th December 2011, 11:49 PM
Popped along to Vardy's tonight and they do have some tempting deals. If the cheap finance also applies then I could be tempted before the year is out. Just need to do my homework on mpg, road tax etc.

Probably a Clubman or Countryman whilst trading in my Dooper.