PDA

View Full Version : The Cullen Ice Cream Run :: 19:07:03

Monsta Mo Mini
8th May 2003, 04:42 AM
John - What's happening!!!??????

Just wee note, everyone who has booked the hotel should get their reminders to pay the oustanding balance at the end of the month.

GAJ
8th May 2003, 05:06 AM
I'll go to them all coz I'm omnipresent!

miniscot00
8th May 2003, 07:04 AM
In duplicate as well from the looks of things:I:clown:

Willie M
8th May 2003, 03:36 PM
Aye. Some people will do anything to get their post count up :)

Willie M
8th May 2003, 03:37 PM
Won't they? ;):clown:

GAJ
8th May 2003, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by miniscot00

In duplicate as well from the looks of things:I:clown:

Eh!;);)

Gismo
8th May 2003, 04:22 PM
not me!

12th May 2003, 12:40 AM
Where is the starting point, please? I read that it is somewhere in Perth, and I would like to stay close to the starting point the night before.

DK ;)

13th May 2003, 11:28 PM
Bump!

DK ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
14th May 2003, 01:01 AM
Sorry DK - didn't see you there;)

I don't know what time things are kicking off in Perth. Someone (Zoooooom) has still to finalise the route and schedule. However there will be a few of us coming up from Edinburgh and the central belt on the morning of the run. It's only a 40 minute drive on a Saturday morning.

I'm not sure what Aiden is doing yet though he has mentioned staying in Edinburgh the night before. As for other southerners (M2, Tony Craggs, assorted Geordies). I don't know what the plans are.

The forum should kick back to life after the Perthshire run and we'll get things confirmed. the balance of the hotel bookings should be due at the end of the month so that should be a wake up call.

Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you've got any questions about hotels in the capital.

john
14th May 2003, 09:32 PM
Hello remember ME!!!

OK so the start IS in Perth,Gerry sorted out the where but as he no longer works in Perth I will have to go down to make sure it's OK for us to use the place,but either way it will still be Perth.

The route is sorted but it's all in my head at the moment:)
Brian and I will get it on paper in the not too distant future.

This weekend I am off to a wedding just outside Aviemore so I will have a look at where the Hotel is so that I can include it in the final instructions.:)

Not long to go now:)

Tony
6th June 2003, 12:13 AM
John,

Ive been thinking about coming along for the leg between Crathie and Cullen. Would that be ok?

We will ust head for home after Cullen, as we are pretty busy at the moment, but id love to come along for a while...

john
7th June 2003, 05:49 PM
Tony you are more than welcome:)

Why dont you make yourself known before then,there are a few of us die hard mini'ers in Aberdeen:D

GAJ
10th June 2003, 05:56 AM
I might be up for this after all. I'll tot up my forthcoming expenditure (too many weddings, holidays and days away coming up - isn't beer expensive??) and if I have the neccessary pence I will book the hotel. If rooms are still available! Fingers crossed. Twice.

Willie M
10th June 2003, 03:36 PM
Go for it GAJ, you know you want to :D:D

GAJ
10th June 2003, 03:40 PM
Just found a pound coin in my desk drawer - things are looking up!

john
18th June 2003, 03:55 AM
OK so here it is .the Cullen run starts at 9:00am

more details to follow.:)

Monsta Mo Mini
24th June 2003, 09:52 PM
Full instructions will be published for download from this site in the next couple of days. Watch this space!

Gismo
25th June 2003, 05:43 PM
Ok here is the deal, i will make the cullen run no problem, but, i'm offshore at the moment and won't be home until the 1st week of July, so, i have no means of paying for the hotel by the end of this month.
Are there any kind souls out there who could pay for my hotel and i will gladly refund them??

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
25th June 2003, 07:01 PM
Alan,

I'll call the hotel this week but I think it will be OK to settle up on departure. Will confirm later.

john
25th June 2003, 07:15 PM
let me know if there is a problem and I will gladly pay it for you Alan:)

Gismo
25th June 2003, 09:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Alan,

I'll call the hotel this week but I think it will be OK to settle up on departure. Will confirm later.
If this is the case then thats good, but, why the many posts about must having to pay up front before the end of the month ;)

Many thanks john, i'll let you know :)

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
26th June 2003, 06:08 PM
There has been a wee change in the details. Having just spoken to Amanda at the Hilton, she is happy for everyone to settle the balance of thier payments on the day so no worries.

zippy
28th June 2003, 01:51 AM
Well it's getting ever so closer, and i am looking incredibly forward to it (in Krusty's car). The roads are excellent, and the scenery is nice too. IF YOU ARE GOING SLOW ENOUGH!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and also having a drink or 10....

bpirie1000
28th June 2003, 04:48 PM
Cullen Run is Going to Be a Belter If i do say so myself....

Done the Full run and Looking Good... (PURELY FOR RESEARCH nto in the name of fun)......The things I force myself to do for Mini Scotland.........

Anyway Miss it and I can Assure you you WILL miss out...

Cheers john Excellent Route even though the speed wasn't that fast...

Wouldn't like to modifi the body work think it looks alright standard...

Cheers Brian

bpirie1000
28th June 2003, 04:49 PM
Cullen Run is Going to Be a Belter If i do say so myself....

Done the Full run and Looking Good... (PURELY FOR RESEARCH not in the name of fun)......The things I force myself to do for Mini Scotland.........

Anyway Miss it and I can Assure you you WILL miss out...

Cheers john Excellent Route even though the speed wasn't that fast...

Wouldn't like to modifi the body work think it looks alright standard...

Cheers Brian

macblob
28th June 2003, 09:00 PM
Wish i could go on the run but have stuff on that weekend :mad:
that i cant get out off. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Hope to get on a run with NMS soon though

Wul
30th June 2003, 09:22 PM
Rights folks - i'm not going to get my hopes up at this stage - but my july plans have changed and i think i can be returned to the "maybe" list for the Cullen Run - At least for the first days fun anyway - wouldn't manage the whole weekend but would sure love tagging along for the first days fun at least, pending confirmation of the route/ timescales.

So John - if this is ok with you can i be added to the maybes again!

Sorry for the hassle!

Will post this in the MINI2 forum too.

Cheers

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd July 2003, 04:42 AM
Directions for the run are now available for download on the Cullen Run page:
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/cullen_2.html

AidenL
2nd July 2003, 04:53 AM
Seems like a great trip........174 miles !!

Any idea what time ETA in the evening is? :)

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd July 2003, 04:58 AM
Aiden - I'd rekon on being in Aviemore between 6- 6-30pm.
I'll drop you an email with my contact details so we can get something arranged for the Friday night in Edinburgh.

AidenL
2nd July 2003, 05:04 AM
Thats great.......Im staying in the Apex City, dont know what time we will land there, but will be glad to meet you for a pre event beverage ! ;)

2nd July 2003, 06:34 AM
Hi peeps,

Just to let you know we shall be stopping at Grimsby (Thu night) and Perth (Fri night). Looking forward to meet you all on Sat - I guess we have a lie-in compare to the likes of zoooooom!

DK ;)

Gismo
2nd July 2003, 05:18 PM
I get an extra 30 mins in my bed compared to John :D

Bonnie Scotland

minidriver#1
2nd July 2003, 06:25 PM
ok. i've got my accomodation booked so now all i have to do is wait till the 19th :) cant wait. its gonna be great.

Is there going to be anyone leaving from Dundee who would like to meet up before hand early in the morning?

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd July 2003, 08:47 PM
Aiden - I think Willie and Linda were talking about coming into town for the evening aswell. Have you any idea what time you get into Stranraer... add 3 hours to Edinburgh.

zippy
3rd July 2003, 02:05 AM
Well Allan i think you know us Aberdeen drivers better than that?????
We will get up at the same time as you, and be waiting for you in Dundee before you are out of the shower!!!!!!

Looking forward to it!
And seeing you all!

AidenL
3rd July 2003, 02:34 AM

Aiden - I think Willie and Linda were talking about coming into town for the evening aswell. Have you any idea what time you get into Stranraer... add 3 hours to Edinburgh.

I better dig out the ferry tickets and check times, plus allow a bit for a pit/food stop along the way......:D

Ill let you know later !;)

Gismo
3rd July 2003, 02:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by KJ_innit

ok. i've got my accomodation booked so now all i have to do is wait till the 19th :) cant wait. its gonna be great.

Is there going to be anyone leaving from Dundee who would like to meet up before hand early in the morning?
KJ, the usual meeting place is the KFC just off the kingsway, that lets the weak bladdered Aberdonians a chance for a wee boys room visit :D also lets them check out any potential car break ins ;) Nah, we meet at Perth at 9am for a 9.30 blast, so, meet at the KFC 8.30 ish for leaving at 8.45 am.

Bonnie Scotland

zippy
3rd July 2003, 03:16 AM
KJ, the usual meeting place is the KFC just off the kingsway, that lets the weak bladdered Aberdonians a chance for a wee boys room visit also lets them check out any potential car break ins

Dont forget any excuse for a Mac D's.....

Gismo
3rd July 2003, 03:42 PM
Not being happy enough with a week in Portugal in May i'm now going to Majorca next week, so i'll not be posting for a while, I will be attending the Cullen Run though so don't worry.
I'll just be a bit more tanned than everyone else :cool:

Bonnie Majorca

Willie M
3rd July 2003, 04:02 PM

Aiden - I think Willie and Linda were talking about coming into town for the evening aswell.
:DAye, with bells on ... :D Look forward to seeing Aiden, Denise and Shirley again :cool: I suppose I'll just have to 'tolerate' Calum ;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
3rd July 2003, 05:03 PM
Cheers for that

Willie M
3rd July 2003, 08:34 PM
Don't mention it Monsta ;) I started off the day in high spirits but 5 hours in I'm back to my less than chirpy state :disapprove:

Ye know ah didnae mean it ;):clown:

niall
7th July 2003, 10:05 PM
Totally forgot about this as haven't been on Mini2 lately and was only recently guided to this site. I am a bit busy that weekend as I start a new job on the Monday but if you can let me know what sort of time you will be at Crathie then I could probably manage the afternoon up to Cullen for ice cream.

Niall

minidriver#1
7th July 2003, 11:39 PM
8.30 at KFC it is :)

Mini Martyn
8th July 2003, 10:10 PM
Is any one leaving from Glasgow on the Saturday morning??

Julz
8th July 2003, 11:23 PM
Ah-ha, Martyn just the person, did you get a bike rack for your mini? There's a thread in queries about them!:)

Mini Martyn
9th July 2003, 02:41 AM
Thanks Julz, i didnt bother in the end didnt fancy some one drilling my roof, but thanks for the info.

Looking forward to Cullen now.

Mini Martyn
9th July 2003, 02:48 AM
Julz, have now looked in the right place and thanks I might order the Skidrive roof rack as their is no drilling on this one.

sh@z
9th July 2003, 06:09 AM
weeelll.... glad to say im in for this one ... my wee bro also coming along :P

AidenL
10th July 2003, 04:17 AM

Calum,

It seems our ETA in Stranraer is around 2.30pm, so 3 hours to Edinburgh , plus me getting lost 8) , plus Friday rush hour, I suppose we should be in the city around 6.30 or so, check in, have a shower etc, should be ready for back out around 8.00 or so I imagine !

Trust you will be able to recommend a nice spot for a bit of grub ! Save me stopping in a Little Chef on the way, and blocking up the old arteries.......:D

Monsta Mo Mini
10th July 2003, 06:11 AM
I'll drop you a line with our tel. no and we can arrange a time to meet up. There's no shortage of good eateries around your hotel ;)

AidenL
10th July 2003, 06:13 AM

I'll drop you a line with our tel. no and we can arrange a time to meet up. There's no shortage of good eateries around your hotel ;)

Thats perfect, and we'll take it from there !:)

Wul
10th July 2003, 05:05 PM
Calum - are you arranging a meet for the edinburgh gang on the saturday morning to head up to Perth?

Looks like i'm gonna make the majority of the run after all - HOORAY!:D but need to be back in auld reekie by 17.00:( so.....

John - what time do you reckon the eta to Cullen is?

Cheers guys

miniscot00
10th July 2003, 05:51 PM
Wul - I reckon we'll need to be away from Embra 8.15 at the latest. I doubt if you'll make it as far as Cullen if you've to be back in town by 5pm. It was 5 before we even got there last year. You should be able to come along as far as Upper Deeside but after that you're looking at 2-3 hrs back to Edinburgh.

I would say the best spot to meet is at the lay-by on the M90 just at the other end of the FRB. Willie and Linda know where it is and it's a good spot for meeting them aswell. I'll probably go round via the Grassmarket and meet up with Aiden (so he don't get lost!)

Shaz - if you want to meet in town then give me a call.

Weefossy - I presume you guys will just come round the by-pass?

Wul
10th July 2003, 06:08 PM
Cheers Calum - if you let me know what time you are heading to the grassmarket once you speak to Aiden - i can meet you there and head out...or i'll get you at the north bound layby of the FRB!

I'll try and stick around till after the lunch stop - 120 miles by the directions - then head back from there.

sh@z
10th July 2003, 08:09 PM
Yeah scott i can meet you in town somewhere that would be awesome...

lemme know where, or email me ur tel or something and we can arrange something :)

Monsta Mo Mini
10th July 2003, 08:48 PM
Sorry Shaz - it's Calum. I use that alias when I've been mucking about with the forum admin options. In which case you've got my no.

john
11th July 2003, 02:05 AM
Lunch menu is now on mini2:)

minidriver#1
11th July 2003, 02:15 AM
i cant wait for this!

sh@z
11th July 2003, 02:23 AM
yeah no problems calum :) hehe

Willie M
11th July 2003, 04:33 PM
Calling all the 'auld reekies' ;)
Linda and I will be strategically placed in the north bound layby of the FRB on Saturday morning. Meet you guys there.

Calum, I'll talk to you about times, etc. :D

Great to see Sh@z and the 'elusive' Wul coming along :cool: Look forward to seeing you guys again (and the rest of NMS crew) :cool:

Wul
11th July 2003, 04:36 PM
One of these days i'll make it along for a full run....one day!

:D

Burple
11th July 2003, 06:41 PM
Yeah... ok... had my arm twisted last night... ;) you know who you are!!
Looks like I'll be trying my hardest to wriggle out of anything that comes up for next weekend!!
See you all next weekend!!

Ewan :D

Julz
11th July 2003, 07:21 PM
Yipeeee, and what about Zimbo??:D

Krusty
11th July 2003, 09:21 PM
I dont remember twising anyone's arm last night! Remember pulling John's leg a few times though!!!!

Good to hear you changed your mind ...... see you next weekend

zippy
12th July 2003, 01:42 AM
This is getting better and better. Anyone else coming????
Come on now is the time, no excuses.

See absolutely everyone there..............

weefossy
12th July 2003, 07:45 AM
Calum: your right, we will go round the ring road. It was our intention to get to Perth in time for a Bacon Roll / Cuppa, before the off, but if you let me know your estimated time for arriving at the FRB we will try and meet up, just before the toll.
all the best Weefossy

Burple
12th July 2003, 07:46 AM
Yip... Zimbo's arm is in the twister too.. :D

Is the whole Country coming?? Cooool!!! :)

Think John needs a wee bit more maintenance than leg-pulling...
I mean... dropping *ONE* beer is bad enough...
but *TWO*!!!!!!! That's criminal negligence... even if it was Tennents... ;)

zimbo
12th July 2003, 08:22 AM
Well my arm is still in the twister... BUT it is getting twisted pretty badly though..... :D

not decided if im going to come with low-n-load in his car or if we should just take both our cars???????
Mmmmmmm decisions decisions.... Life is tough!! :)

sh@z
12th July 2003, 06:14 PM
why be a passenger. when u can drive urself :p

or do u just wanna get hammered at the hotel heh

3GGG
13th July 2003, 12:35 AM
I have replied to the MINI2 thread but thought I better check in here as well. Things have worked out for that weekend better than we had expected, so Pat and I will be able to make the run:) . We have made our own arrangements for accommodation near Aviemore on Saturday night because this is a special anniversary for us :I:D

Wonder where we should meet up with those travelling up from Edinburgh?

sh@z
13th July 2003, 06:25 AM
superb, seeya there :D

and congrats :D

zippy
13th July 2003, 08:06 AM
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting excited!!!
Anyone elses arm needing twisting?
Come see me, however no arm twisting should be needed, come on everyone, dont you love driving your mini as much me????

Monsta Mo Mini
14th July 2003, 04:52 PM
David - Embra and Falkirk crew are meeting at the lay-by just after the FRB. I know this is no use for you so I would suggest the Ferrytoll Park & Ride at Inverkeithing as the next best place. 8.10-8.15am!!!!:eek:

3GGG
14th July 2003, 05:30 PM

David - Embra and Falkirk crew are meeting at the lay-by just after the FRB. I know this is no use for you so I would suggest the Ferrytoll Park & Ride at Inverkeithing as the next best place. 8.10-8.15am!!!!:eek:

Thanks Calum, that's 80p saved;)

BTW it took me about 10mins to work out what the FRB was
:clown:

Wul
14th July 2003, 05:47 PM
It's the one along from the FB surely!;):D

Willie M
14th July 2003, 08:32 PM

8.10-8.15am!!!!:eek:
Oh good, I can have a lie-in then :D

Linda M
15th July 2003, 03:46 AM
David, great to hear you and Pat are managing to come along :)

macblob
15th July 2003, 04:47 AM
Hope everyone has a great time, Ill be thinking of all the MINIs scooting aboot!!

Hopefully make the next one

Very jealous that i wont be there :disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

GAJ
15th July 2003, 08:47 PM
We might well be coming too!:)

I phoned the hotel this morning but this Amanda woman is the only person that can arrange a room at the previously agreed price apparently and she won't be in till this afternoon. I'll let you know!:p

Monsta Mo Mini
15th July 2003, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

We might well be coming too!:)

I phoned the hotel this morning but this Amanda woman is the only person that can arrange a room at the previously agreed price apparently and she won't be in till this afternoon. I'll let you know!:p

The back of your sofa has been very productive this week!!!;)
Great to have you along!

GAJ
15th July 2003, 10:57 PM
Hotel is booked!

zimbo
15th July 2003, 11:59 PM
Right I'll be there.... :approve:

Where is everyone meeting, Dundee or Perth?? and @ what time?:D
Just that I need as much BEAUTY sleep as possible!!;):p

Krusty
16th July 2003, 12:01 AM
There's a meeting point at the KFC just off the Kingsway at 8.30am I think ...... us folk from Aberdeen are meeting a few people there.

zimbo
16th July 2003, 12:11 AM
Right thanks Krusty, low_n_load1 and myself will see you guys there then.:D How are you getting on with your 'S'? Enjoying :p

john
16th July 2003, 01:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo
I need as much BEAUTY sleep as possible!!;):p

I will verify that:D:D

Woz
16th July 2003, 02:57 AM
Its now official, we are not going to be able to make this run. Just the way it goes.

Have fun peeps

3GGG
16th July 2003, 05:01 AM

Hotel is booked!

Better tell them to get more Beer in.:D:D:D;)

3GGG
16th July 2003, 05:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Woz

Its now official, we are not going to be able to make this run. Just the way it goes.

Have fun peeps

Bummer:(

GAJ
16th July 2003, 05:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Hotel is booked!

Better tell them to get more Beer in.:D:D:D;)

Why? Is George Best coming too?:clown:

niall
17th July 2003, 06:37 PM
Although I'd hoped to meet up at Crathie I won't be able to as I pick up my new car from Saturday. I will be collecting it in Inverness so if you see a little black Westfield be sure to wave. What time will you be in Cullen as I could stop in by on my way home. Will probably be leaving Inverness about four.

Niall

p.s. I will get to go on a run eventually

3GGG
18th July 2003, 06:26 AM
The weather forecast for the weekend indicates that we can expect the usual showers that seem to have followed us on the recent NMS outings:(:mad:

Still it won't dampen our enthusiasm.:)

If it does get wet, please take care because the roads will be very slippery after this unseasonal July dry spell.

Check your tyre pressures before the run as well.

That's all from Uncle David for now;)

AidenL
18th July 2003, 06:34 AM
Well, we will be on the road to Scotland in the morning........look forward to meeting you all then......

Unfortunately, we seem to be dragging the Irish rain with us......:(

sh@z
18th July 2003, 07:22 AM
what pressures u guys having ur tyres at..

checked mine earlier and are about 33ish all round..

GAJ
18th July 2003, 03:30 PM
I have 31 all round on my 16"s. Just that wee bit more comfortable than the 34 they used to be at.

3GGG
18th July 2003, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

what pressures u guys having ur tyres at..

checked mine earlier and are about 33ish all round..

About 31 all round, found the original 35 a bit too hard. Very rarely have more than 1 person in the car, I expect would need a bit more if fully laden at high speeds.

That's 16" Runflats BTW.

Tahra
18th July 2003, 04:37 PM
Hullo catching up again finally - Ive been away on fieldwork all last week, and I couldnt get on to the site for the last couple of days.... Anyway turns out I was on some of the roads that we'll be zooming around on Saturday. The one going towards Tomintoul from Granton-on Spey is lovely and I was driving a (diesel) 405 estate with all the acceleration of a hill walker in clogs, but was still great fun despite that. Maybe that had something to do with the scorching weather and being out of the office.:eek:

See you's ( locals ) at Ferrytoll !:D

tahra

zimbo
18th July 2003, 04:45 PM
Ohh great, RAIN!! that is one four letter word I hate.... :p
Hopefully if we all keep our fingers crossed till tomorrow we might get some more sunshine :D

john
18th July 2003, 04:53 PM
Tahra you still have to choose yer grub from the menu:)

Krusty
18th July 2003, 05:55 PM
Why does everyone hate the rain ........ it's so much more fun taking the corners in it!

Heehee - not that I drive fast round corners!

zippy
18th July 2003, 09:03 PM
Krusty you only know how to drive fast but i am scared sitting next to you even in the dry......

Krusty
18th July 2003, 09:25 PM
You're jist a big baby - how d'ya think I feel when you're driving trying to keep up with John Barrie .............. now that's scary.

Note to self - maybe shouldn't drink too much tonight if we're driving down to Perth early morning along with John!!!!!! AND Brizie!!!!! I may need a sick bag ;)

Julz
18th July 2003, 09:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Krusty

I may need a sick bag ;)

Juat one????:dead::dead: Have you never been on the A93 before??:p

Krusty
18th July 2003, 10:09 PM
Good Point Julz:dead: We did half of the run with John the first week that I got my car - will perhaps need a couple of sick bags if I'm feeling poorly;)

Burple
18th July 2003, 11:21 PM
Note To self...
Don't get in convoy behind Krusty... ;)
- danger of fying sick-bags!! :D:D:D

Tahra
19th July 2003, 12:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

s'okay tis done, finally checked the main forum and after going back five pages or so and found the menu.

Whats all this about sick bags though - bends and bumps are what makes driving fun !!!

Julz
19th July 2003, 12:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

quote:Originally posted by john

Whats all this about sick bags though - bends and bumps are what makes driving fun !!!

Ah, this is true, but by the sounds of it, Krusty is going to be keeping various brewery companies in business with her escapades tonight!!:p:dead::D

Wul
19th July 2003, 01:23 AM
Well that's me off home now to wash the MINI!

See you all tomorrow :D

Fontal
19th July 2003, 01:25 AM
You all have a good time on run :)

Richard
p.s Wish I was comming too

zippy
19th July 2003, 03:02 PM
Could anyone sleep last night???????????

I was too excited...

Let's get our driving gloves on (if your into that type of thing) and get rolling.
:D:D:cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
21st July 2003, 12:05 AM
We're just home. Been really regreting those few whiskies I had last night! Great weekend! (despite the unfortunate incedent). Big thanks to John, Brian & Zippy for coming up with such a great route. Roll on next year!

Full report and piccys later in the week. Would be most grateful if anyone could send me some pics as was concentrating on video yesterday.

minidriver#1
21st July 2003, 01:23 AM
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=449504#post449504

just to save typing it again, also some pics. i have more (82 of em) if you guys want em, mail me :)

KJ

See you all again soon

Linda M
21st July 2003, 05:26 AM
As said on MINI2, great weekend with fantastic MINI driving :D Willie, Daisy and I had a blast !! Thank's again to organisers :)

sh@z
21st July 2003, 07:39 AM
Just wanna say thanks to everyone for what they did for me and my brother, and going out of their way to make sure things were ok. Also to Phil for taking this so well, i really do appreciate it and will do watever i can to make sure ur car is as it was ... so sorry again, cant say it enough, and hopefully i've not put u off from going on more great mini adventures as they are awesome as you well know. Myself im not too sure, ill need time to settle down a bit again and think over whats happened.

Parents took it really well, keep telling me it only a car and etc etc etc, but i've been on such a downer since i got home after parents were just making sure that everything was ok and so on, but it has hit home what exactly has happened, and the fact it could have been so much worse with my brother with me ... the "what if's" are going round and round at the moment.

They roads were spectacluar tho, and excellent job john, brian and zippy for the awesome run, up until what happened i was loving it so much, and "hopefully" will be back next year .... if you lot let me that is...

Again sorry for putting a downer on the whole event, esp to the organisers, and to phil for being so understanding about everything thats happened (also john and martin whose bumpers are slightly damaged but ill get details out to u guys so you can get it sorted)

Regards

shaz

DNV122
21st July 2003, 08:03 AM
I've written something on the MINI2 thread. Forgot to mention about Zoooooom and Martin getting in touch about detail. Get in touch !

Better get some sleep - I'll be at work in 7 hrs in the Corsa......

GAJ
21st July 2003, 03:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

Just wanna say thanks ...and hopefully i've not put u off from going on more great mini adventures as they are awesome as you well know...Myself im not too sure, ill need time to settle down a bit again and think over whats happened... the "what if's" are going round and round at the moment...

Don't be put off coming on the next run Sh@z. I can imagine how you feel and understand that the next day it is easier to appreciate what could have happened. Just be relieved that it's only bent metal and that no one was hurt. I have no doubt that if you come along on the next run you will be extra careful!

I hope that you and your brother have recovered from being squished behind Cheryl and I on the run back to Edinburgh!:D

Keep us informed on how the repairs progress!

Willie M
21st July 2003, 03:42 PM
Once again I'd like to echo all the thanks to Zoooooom, Brian, Zippy, Calum and anyone elso who helped put on the grand Cullen Run :cool: Linda and I had a great weekend. Great roads, great scenery, great friendship and loads of lovely MINI's :D

Don't spend time thinking about the 'what ifs' Sh@z. Thankfully everyone's okay and ultimately that's the main thing. Understandably you'll be feeling pretty low just now but things will improve. Keep your chin up mate :) You know full well you'd be made feel more than welcome at any future NMS meets or events :approve: Remember, GAJ knows where you live now so don't try and hide, we'll come looking for you ;):D

Sorry to hear you've been temporarily relegated to a Corsa Phil :eek: Hope you're all fixed up soon and I look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future :cool:

3GGG
21st July 2003, 05:40 PM
Hello to all our MINI friends. Thanks for the great photos and the reports of the evening that we missed.

DK thanks for the wee Apple gonk.

We really enjoyed the run especially the atmosphere and reception everywhere we went. The Garage owner at Aberlour seemed delighted to have all those MINIs in his forecourt , especially the Works S.:p

The Hilton Hotel staff quizzed me for 10 minutes about the MINIs before we could get away to our hideaway in the country.

We got back yesterday afternoon after a very pleasant stay at the Corrour House Hotel near Aviemore. What a superb place - so quiet you could hear the wings of the swallows as they flew over the garden.

We took a trip up Cairngorm after a full Scottish breakfast (including Porridge with honey and whisky) and then headed back down the A9, taking detours onto as many bits of the old road as we could.

Did not see one other MINI on the whole journey.

One bizarre sighting - a bloke on the A9 in the middle of nowhere - carrying a large wooden door on his head - no sign of his car or any houses that he could have come from...

Some pictures attached - Click on any of the photos for a larger version.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010916_thumb.jpg_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010916.jpg.jpg)
View from Hotel
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010918_thumb.jpg_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010918.jpg.jpg)
Parked for the night
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010920_thumb.jpg_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010920.jpg.jpg)
Front of Hotel in morning
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010921_thumb.jpg_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/r0010921.jpg.jpg)
The Blue Apple in the orchard

Tahra
21st July 2003, 05:49 PM
quote:One bizarre sighting - a bloke on the A9 in the middle of nowhere - carrying a large wooden door on his head - no sign of his car or any houses that he could have come from...

John here, pinching the better half's account:

Sighting quite possibly related to your partaking of the whisky porridge...

Seriously, though, we saw this guy too... most surreal :)

Nice seeing y'all!

John

Gismo
21st July 2003, 05:50 PM
I also saw the guy walking down the road with the door on his head, maybe he is from Monsters Inc!!!

Bonnie Scotland

macblob
21st July 2003, 06:18 PM
Looks like it was a great run , just sorry i couldnt make it.

Sorry to hear about the bump Sh@z but im sure ull have it sorted in the near future and be back on the rd

Ill hopefully make the next run , whatever it maybe :D

GAJ
21st July 2003, 07:04 PM
We saw the boy with the door too! He crossed the road right in front of us.
Why did the man with a door on his back cross the road?...

Julz
21st July 2003, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I also saw the guy walking down the road with the door on his head, maybe he is from Monsters Inc!!!

Bonnie Scotland

Hee hee hee:p:D
GAJ, he's walking like that from Lands End to John O' Groats:eek:, we could do that in the MINI's!!;):D

Big Col
21st July 2003, 08:22 PM
I was coming along the A9 yesterday and saw the guy with the door too. I'm so relieved someone else saw him 'cos I was beginning to doubt myself.

Tahra
21st July 2003, 10:04 PM
Me this time - not J, Ill get him to register properly one of these times. Thanks again to everyone involved ( just so its on both threads ) and to Phil - there are worse cars than a Corsa - honest !

GAJ
22nd July 2003, 01:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tahra

... and to Phil - there are worse cars than a Corsa - honest !

Yes - three wheeled MINI's!!:clown:

22nd July 2003, 09:08 AM
Hello :D

Thanks everyone for the lovely weekend, especially to John and Callum the organisers :D:kiss:

My pics are up on Apple's site, and for those of you who have not spotted in on MINI2, here's the link to the page:

http://www.appletheminicooper.net/Cullen2003.htm

Hope to do it again one day :D

Thanks again ;)

DK :D

Wul
22nd July 2003, 04:48 PM
GAJ - what is that shirt all about!!??:I:p

http://www.appletheminicooper.net/images/Cullen2003/Cul03_20.JPG

Wul
22nd July 2003, 04:49 PM
DK - great pics and write up! What a journey you had! my apple is sitting on my PC at home! a contradiction i know :D

GAJ
22nd July 2003, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

GAJ - what is that shirt all about!!??:I:p

I was on my holidays!!:cool::cool::I:I

Tony
22nd July 2003, 06:21 PM
Looks like i missed a top day.......
gutted i couldnt make it along, in the end. i at least thought id get out to play on the saturday afternoon,...until my boss (and some offshore shinnanigans) put paid to that.
oh well, i did get a free day at knockhill on friday, and a good wedding on sunday, so i guess i cant complain too much about having to go into work on saturday,.....

i will be at the next one,...honest.

zippy
23rd July 2003, 01:52 AM
It was a truly excellent weekend.

Roll on next year!
Thanks to everyone who made it so great.

Monsta Mo Mini
25th July 2003, 06:51 AM
Cullen Gallery is now online. Movie coming soon!!!!

Woz
25th July 2003, 10:01 AM
Sounds like a good trip, sorry we missed it. What the next run :)

Julz
25th July 2003, 04:08 PM
Some excellent piccies!!:D Not too sure about the comment regarding the bridge though, anyone with a dirty mind could take that the rong way!!:eek:;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
25th July 2003, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Some excellent piccies!!:D Not too sure about the comment regarding the bridge though, anyone with a dirty mind could take that the rong way!!:eek:;):D

That's you rumbled then:D;)

AidenL
25th July 2003, 08:16 PM
Great pics Callum !

Thanks again to everyone involved with the run, and thanks to Linda, Willie, Shirley and Callum for entertaining us when we were over.

Denise and I hope to be able to do the same for you guys next time you are over here !

3GGG
26th July 2003, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the great photos Calum - really looking forward to the Movie.

Monsta Mo Mini
29th July 2003, 11:01 PM
The movie is now online. Apologies in advance to all those without Broadband. It's 10.2mb so on a 56K modem you'll be looking at a 40 minute download. SORRY! Please be paitient.

TURN IT UP LOUD!! [;D]

Willie M
30th July 2003, 03:26 PM
Yes, it did take a wee while to download :clown: but it was worth it :D
Cheers Calum & Mrs Mo Mini :cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
31st July 2003, 01:42 AM
I've just recieved the following email from Hilton:

Dear Calum
I hope everything went well with the rally and you had an enjoyable night at the Hilton Aviemore.

A curious thing has occurred however - our staff did a head count of all the Mini2 guests and there were three more dinner guests than there were residents. This has left an outstanding bill of £61.50 as no one settled the bill on the evening in question.

Could you possibly let me know who I should contact regarding payment for these additional dinners?

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Kind Regards

Amanda Mutch
Conference and Banqueting Sales Manager
Hilton Aviemore and Hilton Aviemore Inn
Tel.: 01479 810681
Fax.: 01479 810534
---------

Can anyone shed any light on this..........?????

Julz
31st July 2003, 06:41 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know that the guy carrying the door from lands end to john o groats has finished!!:D It took him 36 days to walk the 836 miles!:eek: and he raised £5000 for charity:D:clown:, plus he's a joiner, thus the door and the head full of sawdust for walking that distance!!;):D:p

Big Col
1st August 2003, 04:03 PM
He walked 836 miles carrying a door? That's quite impressive. Although I have to say Julz, him being a joiner doesn't exactly explain the door. Why didn't he just carry a chisel or a saw? :p

Good on 'im though. £5000 is a fair whack.

minidriver#1
1st August 2003, 06:36 PM
maybe he made the door while walking and ditched his tools to reduce the wieght he was carrying. hehe

minidriver#1
15th August 2003, 12:16 AM
Cullen Sticker... does anyone have a spare one as i didnt get one on the run :( *sobs*

Monsta Mo Mini
15th August 2003, 12:30 AM
Send an email to Brian Pirie or John.

Gismo
21st August 2003, 10:18 PM
Callum, just got broadband installed and watched the movie, its brill, what is the music, i read it somewhere but have forgotten, must get a copy of that, hope its on an album

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd August 2003, 12:35 AM
Hi Alan

The music is by Martyn Bennett. The album is called Hardland. It was out a couple of years ago but I think it's still available. Sadly Martyn has been very ill for the last year so he hasn't been touring but once he's back on his feet make apoint of going to see him live. His jock version of the Dallas theme is worth the ticket price alone! He's also a great bloke.

You can buy his albums here:
http://www.footstompin.com/artists/martyn_bennett