PDA

View Full Version : Trade in for new?

Glorious
28th November 2011, 03:50 PM
I've only had my Mini (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22419-Glorious-BRG-R56-Cooper-D) since May, but am seriously thinking about trading in to buy new.

Can anywhere advise the best site to get an accurate trade in price for my car?

Think we may move from hatch to Clubman or Countryman - sticking with a diesel. Hoping there may be some deals around in January/February when not many folks are spending after Xmas.

Cheers!

MINIme:)
29th November 2011, 12:54 AM
Hi I don't know of any really good way to get a good valuation other than asking at several dealers and seeing the patterns emerge. They use Glass's and another one that escapes me (CAP?? something like that). I looked so unimpressed that one showed me the printouts from those sites to try and convince me. Once I'd seen that I knew what they were working from and where I was adding value. MINIs are complex because of all the options which makes guessing yourself a bit tricky, but they all said the same thing to me - they work from the value of your model and packs. Anything else you're lucky to see the benefit of. (I too was trading in a mini for a new build). Managed to get a good bit more than the paper valuations with a bit of effort though so there is some room in there.

EcosseGP
29th November 2011, 06:58 AM
You thought about selling privately rather than trading in ? I know it's a little bit more hassle but sometimes you get a little bit more and heading to a dealer with cash sometimes means you have a bigger carrot to dangle when you go to buy too .. Just a thought ..

At 8000rpm no one hears you scream

Glorious
29th November 2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys - I bought my car through a staff car scheme but want to have accurate trade in values when I go back to them to trade up to new. I can't really sell privately as it's through the scheme (I won't own it outright until May 2014) - the benefit is since I work for a big bank the APR%s are way below the dealers, and they also get a wee discount off RRP which saves me a bit as well.

Thanks again.

stoney
29th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Well when I traded my old mini I used we buy any car to get a value and that was about the price I got off the dealer :) hope this helps

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Glorious
29th November 2011, 02:44 PM
Well when I traded my old mini I used we buy any car to get a value and that was about the price I got off the dealer :) hope this helps

Cheers :thumbs up: