PDA

View Full Version : JCW Springs Vs Others

Bryce
28th November 2011, 02:40 AM
Looking to fill my wheel arches ! I want to go for the JCW springs but there almost double the price of Eibach and KW :confused:

Is it worth going for the full JCW suspension ?

Mon the fish
28th November 2011, 08:18 AM
What do you want from your suspension? Epic lows, good handling, a balance between the two?

Bryce
28th November 2011, 04:02 PM
Want to bring it down about 30-35mm, Without compramising handeling or quality but also to a budget ... Maybe asking to much ? :Whistle:

ELFMAN
28th November 2011, 06:30 PM
I have the full JCW Suspension, and am happy with it.

It's definately an improvement over the standard 'Sports' setup, which is far too 'wooden', and with Runflats and a power hike on less than smooth/greasy roads is frankly scary! The JCW setup is a good compromise for handling and daily use, but it can still be a bit on the stiff side on some roads if you're on Runflats. I swapped to non-runflats a while back - which has really improved things and allows the JCW suspension to work properly as my tyres no longer bounce and skip on uneven surfaces.

I went for the JCW stuff as my car was new and under Warranty etc, and I'd been down the JCW route before with my R53 S and found it pretty good. I don't think you'll compromise the handling by lowering, as getting the centre of gravity down's always a good thing - just watch those bumpy back roads, as you might find you're having to back off to avoid scraping your bits on the tarmac! The JCW Springs only give you a 10mm drop, but I find that enough sometimes when you have crappy roads and sleeping Policemen everywhere! If you want to go lower, you have to look elsewhere.

I'm sure you can get Coilovers for the same outlay as the JCW (non-adjustable) stuff which would give you more setup variations to play with. Mr. Mon the Fish will advise on all your setup needs!

stoney
28th November 2011, 06:41 PM
the GP runs the JCW set up for the r53 and i find it very good so much better than the standard stuff :thumbs up: but if i was to have a non GP then i would prob go coilovers

Mon the fish
29th November 2011, 09:17 AM
The JCW suspension is good, but coilovers are better and cheaper. Try a set of Meister R's, good value performance coilovers without being silly low