PDA

View Full Version : Message For AndyP

GCA3N
27th November 2011, 04:41 PM
Andy is the arthur film (3D) worth going to see in 3D?

AndyP & Lenore
28th November 2011, 07:57 PM
Andy is the arthur film (3D) worth going to see in 3D?

Sorry Greig, I never saw this come in, hence the delay in reply.

TBH, nae idea. Haven't seen it. It's not on my "to watch" list.

We are showing it in 2D and it's very busy indeed, and I haven't had one single customer complain it's not in 3D. In actual fact, I suspect it's busier because it's not in 3D because it's a very young audience going in - lots of mums with 3 and 4 year olds - and they really don't settle very well with 3D glasses. It's one of the reasons we chose not to show it in 3D.

In general, digital animated films lend themselves well to 3D, giving the best post production 3D conversion available. So, the 3D will no doubt be stunning. But it's one of those films.... It's probably just as good in 2D and that would save you a couple of quid a ticket.

A.

GCA3N
28th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Nice one Andy. Talking my wee one too it on Wednesday and TBH it's a fortune in 3D and was wondering was it worth the extra. Thanks for all the info bud. Will let you know what I think :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th November 2011, 08:12 PM
Nice one Andy. Talking my wee one too it on Wednesday and TBH it's a fortune in 3D and was wondering was it worth the extra. Thanks for all the info bud. Will let you know what I think :thumbs up:

How old is the wee one?

A.

GCA3N
28th November 2011, 08:17 PM
How old is the wee one?

A.

8 1/2 mate.

AndyP & Lenore
28th November 2011, 08:28 PM
8 1/2 mate.

Hmmm. Well, they are at an age where they will probably enjoy 3D. Depends how often you take them to the cinema and whether you think the added expense is worth the treat. If you go once a week or twice a month or whatever, there are other 3D films out over Christmas that will merit the extra cost. I don't think Arthur does, but if you won't be taking them again until next year then.....

Hugo is a film which lends itself to 3D very well. That really should be seen in 3D. It's Martin Scorsese's latest pic which for a change is a family adventure film rated U!

A.

GCA3N
28th November 2011, 08:33 PM
Brilliant andy. Tbh away for two weeks on Thursday so might be the last chance to take her this year. Thanks again for all the info buddy.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd January 2012, 01:24 AM
Did you go see Arthur Christmas? 3D? 2D? 3.14159265D