PDA

View Full Version : exhaust warning light

astrocooper
27th November 2011, 03:52 PM
hi out in car today /2007 cooper / exhaust waring light came on bright orange colour checked for anything loose or hole in exhaust unsure what problem maybe ? i.e. lambadersensor? any thing else i should check for /it maybe me but 2or3 times recently i thought the car felt a little sluggish ?cheers .:confused:

T5LLC
27th December 2011, 08:42 PM
If its the light I think it it is thats emissions light meaning mot.. thats what light they changed date on when I mot'd my car..

stoney
27th December 2011, 09:12 PM
lambader sensor or cat i would say

ELFMAN
30th December 2011, 05:58 PM
I got this light on my R53 JCW and have had it on my R56 too. In my case it was down to changing the Manifold/Cat on the R53 and the Downpipe/Cat on the R56, and it's a recognised 'problem'. I was told it comes on when there's a 'discrepancy' in the sensor readings before and after the Cat - ie the sensor after the Cat is reading the emissions as more than they should be, as there are set perameters for the 'before' and 'after' readings, so if it thinks they're not quite right, the wee light comes on. Both cars always ran fine though.

If your car's unmodified, then it's maybe worth having the emissions checked, just to see what's going on, especially if you feel it's not running quite right. I had this done at my MINI Dealer when it first happened and it cost £48.00 if I remember rightly. The readings were still 'legal', but above what they should have read, due to my 'aftermarket' bits letting the gasses flow better. You may have a faulty sensor, or maybe the Cat's playing up...