PDA

View Full Version : taking the plunge

bullet
24th November 2011, 10:41 PM
am going mini hunting in edinburgh tomorrow,have spent ages scouring loads of websites across scotland hoping to find the right wee car for me,have spotted a couple of jcw at peter vardy and one at eastern that seem worth viewing,it would be a cash sale with no trade in so i hope they are flexible with there prices to a degree.any opinons on the cars?prices?:computer:

MINIme:)
24th November 2011, 11:03 PM
I know nothing about jcws I'm afraid - maybe one day!! I too spent ages (a good year) looking online and saw nothing. Sometimes cherished isn't quite bang-on up to date, so well worth going for a wee wander about and grinning at some minis in person :) I ended up buying new but my final decision was based on one I saw.
Vardy's are a decent bunch, ask for John Gray and tell him Joanna sent you :thumbs up: He's a very nice, laid back guy, won't push you at all. John McKinstry the Sales Manager is a really good guy too, I was just chatting to him today about some potential warranty work. They did me a decent deal on my car I reckon, that was just in Sep.
Good luck and enjoy mini hunting! :smug:

Bryce
24th November 2011, 11:16 PM
I test drove a dark grey JCW with EVERYTHING in it at Eastern! Loved it and it was 21,000 which we got down to 19,000 plus trade in but I couldn’t afford the insurance :sad:

I was the same MINIme had a very specific style in mind ( the one i have just now ) 6 months looking all over the UK and couldn’t find one. Buying a new one was a big step but rather get exactly what a want rather than make do :yes nod: plus 3 years free warranty :D

weefossy
25th November 2011, 12:03 AM
I've always found PV to be excellent. We deal with Brian Smith, but all the guys are good. Hope you have success.

bullet
25th November 2011, 12:38 AM
I've always found PV to be excellent. We deal with Brian Smith, but all the guys are good. Hope you have success.

cheers mate,hope i get a good deal :yes nod:

Stewart
25th November 2011, 01:40 AM
Good luck on the search, its half the fun!

Hope you find something just right, I sometimes just like to do a uk search on Mini just to see what’s about.

That chili Red 10 plate at Eastern looks a bit of a beast! ;)

25th November 2011, 01:51 AM
You're right it is half the fun, I spent literally hours and hours lurking around forecourts and showrooms. Sales guys all over the country thought I was a 'bit' mental as I'd stil be there, lurking, 2 hours later...'Are you still here?' I didn't care, I was hanging out with minis :smilewinkgrin:

gauldrymini
25th November 2011, 09:42 AM
...Why not try Grassicks in Perth on your way through to Edinburgh. We have bought our last 2 MINIs there and have always been good to deal with.

ianking
25th November 2011, 01:34 PM
If you go to Eastern ask to speak to Hazel Pate. She is good to deal with.

GCA3N
25th November 2011, 01:51 PM
Agreed about grassicks had 2-3 dealings with them and they are spot on.

29th November 2011, 01:27 AM
how did you get on? :motoring:

bullet
29th November 2011, 11:16 PM
hi,my mini gets delivered to forfar on friday,i opted for the grey mini at peter vardy,went for a test drive and was shocked how good the handling was even on soaking wet tarmac.will put some pics up when i get her,cant wait. !!. 8))

29th November 2011, 11:18 PM
FANTASTIC!!! :thumbs up: :thumbs up: I'm very excited for you! :yes nod: At least you don't have long to wait the 3 or 4 weeks I waited were HELL. Who did you deal with?

GCA3N
29th November 2011, 11:19 PM
very exciting.

cooperchris
29th November 2011, 11:25 PM
Can't wait to see some pics.

Craig
29th November 2011, 11:33 PM
Good news !! ;)

bullet
29th November 2011, 11:34 PM
it was brian that i was dealing with,on the test drive i wasnt driving fast enough so brian took over and showed me what the car was cabable of very easily,bloody hell !! what an eye opener it goes like stink.lol.am already thinking of dechroming her for starters then maybe bonnet stripes. 8))

stoney
30th November 2011, 08:50 AM
Good stuff glad u got sorted out ;)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

gauldrymini
30th November 2011, 10:59 AM
You will love the JCW, I know we did when we had one...
Will keep an eye out for you in the Forfar area when I am out that way.

ELFMAN
30th November 2011, 12:46 PM
on the test drive i wasnt driving fast enough

Nice One! So the message is - if you go for a Test Drive at PV's - Roast the nuts off it!!!!

Hope you have many safe and happy miles! :thumbs up: :motoring:

Stewart
30th November 2011, 04:20 PM
Great that you found one!

bullet
30th November 2011, 11:53 PM
am still a novice when it comes to the new style mini so will be seeking the wisdom of fellow members with lots of questions.i knew as soon as i saw her sitting in the vardy lineup it was a done deal though the cost of insurance was a bit of an eye opener.

RobSco
1st December 2011, 12:15 AM
am still a novice when it comes to the new style mini so will be seeking the wisdom of fellow members with lots of questions.i knew as soon as i saw her sitting in the vardy lineup it was a done deal though the cost of insurance was a bit of an eye opener.

Nice to see that as soon as you saw you Mini it was what you were looking for, this is normally the case once you see something, nothing else matters and I'm sure the guys at Peter Vardy's will look after you well... :yes nod:

Insurance Companies certainly know what to charge younger drivers, don't know how they work out or where they get their figures from... :idunno:

Looking Forward to seeing some Photo's... :thumbs up:

bullet
1st December 2011, 12:29 AM
some of the quotes i received were totally ridiculous going into the thousands which i have to admit did make me think twice if i were picking the right model but eventually i got a quote that i think is rather reasonable.ive had my licence for 20 yrs without even getting a parking ticket in that time so to get quotes like that for a mini was a surprise to say the least.lol

Stewart
1st December 2011, 07:01 PM
Not checked since insurance all seemed to have gone mad, mind you I was cheaper this year after preparing for the worst.

I checked the cost of a Works a while back and it was £410 for me fully comp, not too big a jump from just over £300 for my Coop.
If you had said right these pocket rocks are over £1000 I’d have forever written off owning a Works for sure.

bullet
1st December 2011, 09:07 PM
Not checked since insurance all seemed to have gone mad, mind you I was cheaper this year after preparing for the worst.

I checked the cost of a Works a while back and it was £410 for me fully comp, not too big a jump from just over £300 for my Coop.
If you had said right these pocket rocks are over £1000 I’d have forever written off owning a Works for sure.

yeah after a bit of searching i did get a decent quote i just cant understand how some insurance companys can substantiate there prices.

1st December 2011, 09:48 PM
Are you looking forward to tomorrow Sir? :clap:

bullet
1st December 2011, 10:11 PM
Are you looking forward to tomorrow Sir? :clap:

i am indeed,shes supposed to be getting delivered in the morning,friday will be a fun day !!! :motoring:

1st December 2011, 10:19 PM
Have a great day :D So exciting getting a new car!

bullet
1st December 2011, 10:27 PM
for a 3yr old car shes in good condition,def the mini for me :thumbs up:

1st December 2011, 10:30 PM
ha I notice you've changed your car info below your avatar there :thumbs up:

bullet
1st December 2011, 10:41 PM
yeah,after months of searching it feels good to say that i finally own my own wee mini.:thumbs up: