PDA

View Full Version : Site Work

Gismo
13th November 2011, 09:38 PM
Not sure if anyone has been experiencing any site problems, but, I have been today.
Just so you know the NMS host are upgrading the software background, hope it's not giving anyone any problems.

The site actually has seen increased activity and I wanted to increase the bandwidth to cope........ Just in case

stoney
13th November 2011, 09:39 PM
it has been runnong slow for me the last few weeks i just put it down to my internet tho

Gismo
17th November 2011, 03:30 PM
it has been running slow for me the last few weeks i just put it down to my internet thoIf you're still finding everything slow try deleting all your history and cookies, reboot and try again

stoney
17th November 2011, 04:21 PM
Mmm ok will do that :) just need to mind all my passwords :lol:

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

MINIme:)
18th November 2011, 10:06 PM
I haven't been able to use 'go advanced' for the last few days and can only get smileys to work using the :text: version. :sad: It had always been fine before. edit: it also won't accept line breaks - there was a paragraph break after that sad face... any ideas??

Gismo
18th November 2011, 10:32 PM
I haven't been able to use 'go advanced' for the last few days and can only get smileys to work using the :text: version. :sad: It had always been fine before. edit: it also won't accept line breaks - there was a paragraph break after that sad face... any ideas??What browser are you using, if IE6 then vBulletin is not supported in that browser??
Also, try clearing your cache and delete all your internet history.

Everything is working ok for me in Firefox 8

18th November 2011, 11:04 PM
firefox 8 here too. I'm sure I cleared my cache about a month ago when the picture didn't update to the new mini. can't rem now how I did it! I'll have a look and see if I can find it. Seems odd if it needs doing again already though?

19th November 2011, 12:33 AM
hmm you were correct Alan, it looks like it's working normally now:smug:

should I REALLY have to clear the cache every month though? that doesn't sound right to me :idunno:

Thank you for the help!

Gismo
19th November 2011, 04:52 AM
I think it's more to do with the way you surf.
If I remember right, you mentioned before that you have numerous tabs open, which makes me think you might have NMS open in more than one tab?

19th November 2011, 12:46 PM
over 30 tabs open but NMS only in one. Not to worry I'll try and remember next time what the fix is, it is very quick to resolve once you know how!