PDA

View Full Version : what machine polisher to use ??

stoney
12th November 2011, 08:26 PM
Ok I am going to invest in a machine polisher to use

I want a DA one I think

Have looked at the
DA6-pro
The dodo juice one
And the silver burn one

Any one any comments ??

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
12th November 2011, 08:45 PM
I've got the kestrel and it works great for me. Had it nearly 2 years and it's never failed me (touch wood) ;)

Craig
12th November 2011, 08:45 PM
Got it from polished bliss as a pack ;)

stoney
12th November 2011, 09:13 PM

stoney
12th November 2011, 09:33 PM
ok so i have polish and glaze all ready so do i need to get new stuff i know my glaze is ok to use with the machine so just pads and what pads should i be getting ??

stoney
12th November 2011, 09:43 PM
just found this as well GOOD price i think

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m37b78s4380p80141/_MEGUIARS_-_G220_Dual_Action_Polisher_Version_2/RS_GB

SuperCooperS
12th November 2011, 10:36 PM
Ive got a streetwise orbital polisher.. I find it does the job for an amateur like myself

Craig
12th November 2011, 10:58 PM
I use mezerna pads rob - they work really well. Lake country are also good. Have a look at meguiars micro fibre range - its getting a good review atm :yes nod:

stoney
12th November 2011, 11:09 PM
thanks mate

EcosseGP
13th November 2011, 05:07 PM
Rob I have the DAS6 pro and I'm very pleased with it. It's easy to use and safe enough you can't really do any damage with it to start with. I've used the Menz pads with it on a couple of cars and had no problems to date. I have switched to try the Lake Country ones now as I think they might "reduce" the time that you need to spend on each panel. Personally haven spoken to Craig about the DA and rotary plus pads and polishes we're both not far off agreeing with the same stuff depending on who's car your doing !!
What I will say is it's not a 2 minute job trust me and results take time but it is very enjoyable and satisfying seeing the panels being transformed and the end results .. I think the cutting compound and polish are the important things get that right and you're laughing ..

ELFMAN
15th November 2011, 02:36 PM
I HIRED a great Machine Polisher - IAN KING!!!!! :cool: :thumbs up: :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
15th November 2011, 08:02 PM
I HIRED a great Machine Polisher - IAN KING!!!!! :cool: :thumbs up: :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks Elfman

Remember guys that the Minis have very hard paint and a DA type machine wont be able to achieve much of a correction on it. It will make it shine but wont get out the deeper swirls.

stoney
15th November 2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Elfman

Remember guys that the Minis have very hard paint and a DA type machine wont be able to achieve much of a correction on it. It will make it shine but wont get out the deeper swirls.

would you recommend a rotary then Ian ? don't forget i am a newbie to machine polishing :smilewinkgrin:

just want some thing thats going to work well as do a fair few show's theses days :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
16th November 2011, 10:28 AM
do a fair few shows these days :thumbs up:

I still think aliens have swapped this Stoney with the old one... :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
16th November 2011, 12:09 PM
I still think aliens have swapped this Stoney with the old one... :smilewinkgrin:

Ha ha true think it's the GP that has done it to me I'm even spending stupid money on some good wax :)

ELFMAN
16th November 2011, 01:38 PM
I'm even spending stupid money on some good wax :)

Hope that's for the car and not the LEGS!!!!! :laugh:You can take this cleaning stuff TOO far... :hand:
Don't worry, we know the 'old' Stoney's still alive and kicking in top GP Stylee :thumbs up:

stoney
16th November 2011, 02:50 PM
Lol trust u elf ;)

MINIme:)
16th November 2011, 03:17 PM
this is great! I'm going to have loads of you to choose from to do mine for me ;)

ELFMAN
16th November 2011, 04:29 PM
I'm a dab-hand with a Brillo Pad and some Ajax! :smilewinkgrin: or is that just for sinks? :confused:

stoney
16th November 2011, 08:30 PM
this is great! I'm going to have loads of you to choose from to do mine for me ;)

happy to help out any time when the big fella is not available :)

stoney
16th November 2011, 08:32 PM
I'm a dab-hand with a Brillo Pad and some Ajax! :smilewinkgrin: or is that just for sinks? :confused:

good job you know king of shine :lol: :)

MINIme:)
16th November 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm never letting elfman near my car now! :eek: :sad:

Craig
16th November 2011, 10:03 PM
Aye Euan, you have your strengths ;). Cleaning advice isn't one of them :thumbs up: