PDA

View Full Version : dodgy graphics

stoney
12th November 2011, 07:00 PM
seen this on Total mini

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11313638@N03/sets/72157627979573343/show/

w (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11313638@N03/sets/72157627979573343/show/)as done buy a place called Graphics R us they did a roof wrap at the new mini show and it was not a good job TBH

Total mini thread here
http://www.totalmini.com/forum/9-general-discussion/24653-quality-graphics-job-graphics-r-us.html

s (http://www.totalmini.com/forum/9-general-discussion/24653-quality-graphics-job-graphics-r-us.html)hocking :frown::frown:

Gismo
12th November 2011, 07:56 PM
Changed the thread title to what i think you meant :Whistle:
But wow, what a mess to make of someones car :thud:

stoney
12th November 2011, 08:17 PM
Whoops auto spell :lol:

I know I would Have ended up in the cells for the night if it was my car !

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

MINIme:)
12th November 2011, 09:17 PM
god what a mess :frown: :sad:

peterb
12th November 2011, 09:31 PM
Opps what a mess, I feel for them:thud:

Craig
12th November 2011, 11:01 PM
Not a lot of good reviews for them :frown:

Can't believe they (as a co) think that is acceptable

stoney
12th November 2011, 11:08 PM
not right another has come up now

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

(http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow)seen this at liverpool as well but did not know it was this guy that had done them

RobSco
12th November 2011, 11:26 PM
Think Dodgy Graphics as a Theme Title sums it all up... :yes nod: ...Couldn't believe what I was seeing...:thud:...and I can't begin to think how the owner feels... :frown:

Rob your link above isn't working, only takes you to Photobuckets Main website page... :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
13th November 2011, 12:54 AM
I've read the entire thread on Total MINI and the graphics company are agreeing to repair the damage they caused to the car. It seems when they were removing the bonnet stripes it lifted some of the paint or the clearcoat. So they figured the best thing to do was to take a sander to the bonnet and strip a huge patch of paint off right down to the bare metal. :ragin: Then proceeded to fit the stripes over the patch and said absolutely nothing to the owner when he picked it up. :thud:

I've no idea what is going on at the mounting points for the clubman spoiler, because it looks like they've filled it with fibreglass or something.

The whole situation is absolutely shocking. This poor guy must be devastated at the way his MINI has been treated.:frown::frown:

A.:frown:

bullet
13th November 2011, 01:39 AM
that sticker job is a bloody disgrace,shocking.:frown:

13th November 2011, 01:53 AM
that sanding!! OH MY GOD!!!

niknax
13th November 2011, 08:13 PM
in all my 26 years of fitting vinyl I have never seen a job as bad as that...a disgrace to the trade :sad:

Stewart
13th November 2011, 09:08 PM
Shocking! We take pride in our cars …

If I get this right (sorry there was page after page there on TM) It was not just a case of really poor workmanship graphics that at the end of the day could be taken off but there is actual Damage to the cars???:ragin::ragin::ragin:

If so then that is total inexcusable. . The closest I’ve came recently was when I got four new tyres on and they damaged two of the alloy’s by nothing more that not caring about the job…but thats on another level.:frown:

stoney
13th November 2011, 09:37 PM
yep your right there is damage to the clubman cut lines and the bonnet had been sanded down and then covered and not told the customer

Craig
15th November 2011, 01:35 PM
Thread closed and some bans handed out I believe !! :frown:

ELFMAN
15th November 2011, 02:30 PM
I don't understand how anyone can be in business (not for long methinks...) with this sort of 'standard'. Absolutely bang out of order. If anyone had done that to my car, I'd be up for GBH... :ragin::argh: - once I'd calmed down! It's as if somene had polished off a crate of Special Brew on a Friday night and decided to 'pimp' their own car...

Stewart
15th November 2011, 04:24 PM
Handing out bans is a bit poor, I’m surprised I’m not in with them as I aired my view on the thread over there.

Gismo
15th November 2011, 04:35 PM
Thread closed and some bans handed out I believe !! :frown:Read it through to the end, whew, it grew a bit from the last time i read it, no comment here

ELFMAN
16th November 2011, 10:36 AM
Read it through to the end, whew, it grew a bit from the last time i read it, no comment here

I didn't get to read this - what happened?

stoney
16th November 2011, 12:12 PM
Just went a bit tits up the guy has never posted and the OP asked for it to close and I think there may have been a few bans handed out at the same time :o

EcosseGP
16th November 2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah post closed until the OP if or when the person involved decides to reply. Few folk got a little heated over it all ..

ELFMAN
16th November 2011, 02:53 PM
The mess of that Clubbie certainly seemed worth getting heated about... :frown:

Stewart
16th November 2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah I think like me a few got on the bandwagon rightly or wrongly. But there was obviously a few friends on trying to defend the guy and that I have no problem but I got the sense they were defending the work and what was done. Considering the business handed back a car with the paint or the lack of paint to the bare metal and did not tell the owner ( he had to find out himself when he took vinyl off as far as I can make out) suggested to me an attempt to deceive and that in my book is indefensible. I could have that wrong, the Guy who did it might have pointed out what was under the Vinyl when the car was picked up although I dont read it that way.

When you hand your Car over to the King of shine, you know its in good hands because of members giving feedback just in the same way if a job is shocking its nice to pass on the warning so I cant blame the Car owner who must have been absolutely gutted to put it mildly.

16th November 2011, 10:06 PM
The whole thing was just very sad and shocking to read, from the initial job to the slating, arguments, bans and people choosing to leave the site. Just really sad. I hope it won't be too long before balance and harmony is restored and more importantly all wrongs are righted.

When you hand your Car over to the King of shine, you know its in good hands because of members giving food back.

I would like to see Ian at work!, cannae beat skilled workers, I'd love to find a craft to become skilled in:thumbs up:. Although I don't like giving food back. I'm ALWAYS hungry. Does his work stun people off their appetite? :confused:

craigib76
17th November 2011, 07:12 AM
i wouldn't have believed that if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes what makes any company/person think that it is acceptable to leave anyones car in such a nick???

ELFMAN
17th November 2011, 01:51 PM
you know its in good hands because of members giving food back

Was it a McDonalds 'Drive-Thru' Vinyl service then? :laugh:They certainly made a dog's dinner of the job...
Sorry Stewart, couldn't resist. Neither could MINIme - so I don't want ALL the blame!

stoney
17th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Right u to stop Going off topic you two :lol:

Oops sorry over modding carry on as u where :lol: ;)

17th November 2011, 02:41 PM
sorry guvnor :sad:

stoney
17th November 2011, 04:18 PM
sorry guvnor :sad:

Will let u off this time ;) :lol:

ELFMAN
17th November 2011, 05:36 PM
Will let u off this time ;) :lol:

:off topic:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! GET HER!!! :off topic:
Give 'em a wee bit power and they go bleedin' mad with it.... :moonie: I remember him when he was a wee 'Larky Boy' just like me :frown:

Stewart
17th November 2011, 08:03 PM
I would like to see Ian at work!, cannae beat skilled workers, I'd love to find a craft to become skilled in:thumbs up:. Although I don't like giving food back. I'm ALWAYS hungry. Does his work stun people off their appetite? :confused:

I'm sure Ian is good with food as well...... good spot!...:argh: I like to test the Members on here, you past!

Makes me think all the same if Ian would machine polish for a happy meal!

18th November 2011, 10:22 PM
:off topic: sorry Stewart, I have a very irritating eye for spelling and cannot help but pick up on it :smilewinkgrin:. I'm also far too easily bugged by txt spk. And really bad grammar. Innit. :argh: :shut up:

Drthomp
19th November 2011, 08:15 AM
Was after some bonnet stripes for my clubby, might leave it now unless anyone can recommend some one good!!

Craig
19th November 2011, 11:03 AM
Was after some bonnet stripes for my clubby, might leave it now unless anyone can recommend some one good!!

Mini designs are very good. Used them lots of times and never had any issues ;)

Highly recommend them :yes nod: details at www.minidesigns.biz

Stewart
19th November 2011, 11:29 AM
Thats who did my car.

19th November 2011, 12:50 PM
I've always been a maybe for bonnet stripes on this car too. Jury's still out, let me know how you get on if you go for it.

stoney
19th November 2011, 03:53 PM
yep what craig said

19th November 2011, 08:03 PM
Not to take away from the pain of the poor guy who suffered most here - the owner - but hopefully at least some of the tm scrapping is over now. http://www.totalmini.com/forum/9-general-discussion/24799-recent-events-explanation-apology.html

This site seemed to go all quiet at the same time as that one had a meltdown which made me sad. I reckon there's still plenty of enthusiasm out there somewhere though. Cyber hugs ;)

Gismo
19th November 2011, 08:24 PM
An apology, but, another closed thread as well where no one gets to say anything

mikeythemini
19th November 2011, 10:38 PM
It was the OP who asked for the thread to be closed on there & to be honest the way some people were behaving I think it was best

Mon the fish
20th November 2011, 06:51 PM
An apology, but, another closed thread as well where no one gets to say anything

Tis the TM way - if you have an opinion that doesn't agree with that of the mods, you're out.