PDA

View Full Version : Condensation

MINIme:)
10th November 2011, 10:22 PM
There shouldn't be condensation in both of my rear light clusters :frown: is it a big deal to fix? or better still a quirk that is transient?

Gismo
10th November 2011, 10:37 PM
There shouldn't be any condensation, get it checked out

Craig
10th November 2011, 11:09 PM
Nope there shouldn't be any moisture in your lights, they are a sealed unit :(

I'll have a look on Sunday for you ;)

10th November 2011, 11:27 PM
cheers guys. First time I've seen it happen and wont be driving it tomorrow but I might go and see in the morning whether it's dried itself out. Dry day today too - mild then went nippy when it got dark.
Bless her she's only 4 weeks old. Poor seal somewhere I guess. How annoying!

mark1984
11th November 2011, 08:39 AM
if its only 4 weeks old they will change it under warenty wont they? i had water in one of my front fogs and they changed it no probs at all.

Craig
11th November 2011, 09:03 AM
if its only 4 weeks old they will change it under warenty wont they? i had water in one of my front fogs and they changed it no probs at all.

Your right Mark, it should get sorted/replaced under warranty :yes nod: it's just the hassle of taking the car into the garage :rolleyes:

11th November 2011, 02:31 PM
yep total pain when garage is an hour away and I work :( I'll maybe need to use a diff garage. Still a pain even so:argh:. Can you get a courtesy car with warranty work?

Craig
11th November 2011, 02:54 PM
yep total pain when garage is an hour away and I work :( I'll maybe need to use a diff garage. Still a pain even so:argh:. Can you get a courtesy car with warranty work?

Not in my experience. They are called "loan" cars and I have normally been charged £10 plus vat per day. Blooming joke if you ask me!! If the car is faulty, why is the customer out of pocket !!!

11th November 2011, 03:00 PM
Not in my experience. They are called "loan" cars and I have normally been charged £10 plus vat per day. Blooming joke if you ask me!! If the car is faulty, why is the customer out of pocket !!!

:sad: going to have a chat with sales manager and see what he says. Might have to use a nearer garage if not. Is Hamilton ok? Kyle St are probably fine but I've never used them since they made an error with a service a few years ago. 3hr wait for the AA didn't go down well at all. I guess this isn't something that needs fixing urgently which helps.

14th November 2011, 09:18 PM
peering at it tonight to see if any more sign of condensation it looks like there's a chip out of the 'glass' right at the edge on one of the rear clusters. :argh: this is on the side which had less condensation. Annoying.

mark1984
15th November 2011, 08:12 AM
i have to travel 70 miles to the garage on the A 82 fun when the roads are quiet sucks in summer. but i had the same problem in my front fog and they fixed it no questions asked. aw and they allways give me a cortesy car i think part of the warrenty all u have to do is insure the car.