PDA

View Full Version : Sub - opinions/comments/problems?

mgemie
3rd August 2004, 12:22 AM
Has anyone here ever used any of the VIBE Active Subwoofer Enclosures? I'm being offered the 'CBR10 Active' and i was wondering what you dudes thought of these ICE products...well, anyone?

http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/?page=p-cbr.html&header=p-cbr-h.html

mgemie
3rd August 2004, 12:25 AM
Just somethine to add... does anyone know if the standard WAVE headunit has a Remote feed? Does it also have RCA outs or would i have a bit of rewiring on my hands?

Wul
3rd August 2004, 01:02 AM
Me again marc! the wave only has high-line outputs - ie speaker wires - no RCA or amp outs i'm afraid. YOu could try an amp which accepts high line inputs but i'm sure the quality would suffer! LnL will help i'm sure ;).

If you wan't better bass - bin the head unit for a start! the WAVe unit is very puny indeed and a new head unit would possibly remove the need to lose your boot for a massive sub enclosure and amp!!

mgemie
3rd August 2004, 01:10 AM
yeah, i'm awaiting my next payday :D before i go shopping for my new headunit lol! I just thought i might get the vibe enclosure in the mean time coz i'm getting it at a good price. i'll also be replacing my speakers as soon as funds are sufficient lol..

broken_brian
3rd August 2004, 07:23 AM
i have got the vibe cbr 10 and would recomend it as its nice and loud :D

also do as wul recomends by getting a new head unit first as that will have the right outputs on it i would recomend alpine as i have one of them and it has its own sub output on it with built in output control which means that you can have the amp running at a lowish;) power level and still get plenty of punch:blackeye: out of it :D

would still go for the sub even with the new head unit though:D;):D

mgemie
3rd August 2004, 03:29 PM
yeah, i've taken your advice onboard and have secured myself the cbr10 enclosure...i'll be buying a decent HU asap,finance permitting:D

I'm looking for a unit with mp3 reading capabilities, dvd playback (with inbuilt LCD) and at least 50w per channel...any suggestions? I was originally opting for the Pioneer AVIC-X1 but have decided to divert a greater proportion of the finances to speakers:D wahey!!

Burple
3rd August 2004, 06:43 PM
Yup..
Do exactly as BB says!! Get the Sub!!
I have one of their 7th order bandpass boxes running from a Kenwood amp, and like Bri says, he has the active one. thery're both a good bit of kit, tho mine is lots louder!! ;).
Seriously bin the standard HU as the new one will have RCA outputs which will make your life soooooo much easier! - And the change in sound quality from that alone will have you drooling :D:p
As for fitting... have a wee trawl on MINI2 in the FAQ. There's a couple of really good guides on there for fitting HUs, Amp cables, speakers and RCA cables, as well as dismantling the bits you have to! :cool:
Once you have the new HU and sub in, you'll wonder how you lived without it before!! :D:D:D

any more questions.... Fire away! :D

broken_brian
3rd August 2004, 08:46 PM
if you are looking for a head unit at a decent price try this website

http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/

they are cheaper and better than halfrauds

Burple
3rd August 2004, 10:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

if you are looking for a head unit at a decent price try this website
http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk/
they are cheaper and better than halfrauds

Oi!! Bri!! you rippin off my sources again??!?!?!

heh heh..
No seriously, I've posted about these guys before somewhere, they're damn good. Much cheapness, next day delivery, and they don't charge for postage.

For example... I got the Kenwood 6024 head unit (with MP3 capability) from them for £180.
The Kenwood 5024 - the model down from that- with NO MP3 capability was selling in Hellfrauds for £199... the sums look good to me! :D:D:D

Gismo
3rd August 2004, 11:16 PM
If your looking for some cheap hi-fi stuff try Edworthys (http://www.edworthys.co.uk) ;)

Big Col
3rd August 2004, 11:30 PM
Ohhh go on someone. Get the Lambo style doors from Edworthys. :)