PDA

View Full Version : Well thats a downer!!

Fester
6th November 2011, 05:03 PM
Was out car shopping today, was looking at 2nd hand Freelanders and apparently my Mini is only worth £2000 as a trade in!!!! Looks like I like my Mini too much as thought would still get more than that for it. Oh well.:frown:

MINIme:)
6th November 2011, 05:13 PM
how old is it? maybe you should just keep it :thumbs up:

Fester
6th November 2011, 06:15 PM
how old is it? maybe you should just keep it :thumbs up:

Its a 2002 on a 52 plate. Yeah may just keep it til it is worth nothing. Usual story of owner thinking it is worth more.

Stewart
6th November 2011, 07:44 PM
To be fair I think if you plonk your Mini in the Add’s for 2K either people will think it a con or the phone would ring off the hook. Thought the bottom was around 4K for the Mini. Friends daughter wanted a mini for her 18th and they could not find a cheap one!

stoney
6th November 2011, 08:38 PM
yep but dealer would put it up for 3.5 k most likely

MINIme:)
6th November 2011, 08:43 PM
The list price on my One was 3.8-4k a couple of months ago and that was 54 plate with low mileage, excellent condition and nice bits of spec not accounted for in list price (sunroof, wood/leather steering wheel and gear knob - miss those:sad:, heated windscreen, blah blah). One dealer actually gave me print outs showing the list price from Glass and somewhere else. Annoying thing is that you don't get value back on spec other than model and packs - or so they say :frown:

edit - I should add, I did get more than that with a bit of negotiating :smilewinkgrin:

Fester
6th November 2011, 09:01 PM
Showed me the book only offered me the £2k due to the condition it was in. Might consider sticking it in the ads see if there are any biters at £3k.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.638188,-2.895653

AndyP & Lenore
6th November 2011, 10:44 PM
I think at that age you're gonna get way more by selling private than into a dealer. It's also at a very manageable price - mum or dad buying the son/daughter their first car maybe. Perfect car for them too being a MINI One.

Also, it's at that age where, the dealer today offers you £2k. In a years time, he's gonna offer you £1,950.

A.

bullet
6th November 2011, 11:12 PM
hope you get what your looking for,was it a forfar trader that gave you that price?

Big Gordy
7th November 2011, 08:42 AM
Showed me the book only offered me the £2k due to the condition it was in.

Can't be that bad surely..??

Fester
7th November 2011, 09:03 AM
Can't be that bad surely..??

No quite the opposite said was one of the best he'd seen but as top book was only £1750 best he would go to was £2k

Fester
7th November 2011, 09:04 AM
hope you get what your looking for,was it a forfar trader that gave you that price?

Nope Dunfermline

Fester
7th November 2011, 09:06 AM
I think at that age you're gonna get way more by selling private than into a dealer. It's also at a very manageable price - mum or dad buying the son/daughter their first car maybe. Perfect car for them too being a MINI One.

Also, it's at that age where, the dealer today offers you £2k. In a years time, he's gonna offer you £1,950.

A.

Agree with you Andy just cant be bothered with the hassle of selling privately.

Mon the fish
7th November 2011, 09:09 AM
The first R53's are now below the £5k mark, getting near £4k. What might hit the value of pre-facelift R50's is the gearbox - any car over 50k miles with the original box in it, may well need a new one sooner rather than later. And gearboxes aren't cheap