PDA

View Full Version : Joined a tennis club!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Took my Tennis interest to a whole new level tonight... Joined a local Tennis Club and had my first session. Had a really fun evening, but I won't be able to walk tomorrow. :) :lol:

A.:D

Craig
3rd November 2011, 09:57 PM
:lol:

Andy takes to the court, serves and needs a towel break ;)

Best of luck with it mate :thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd November 2011, 09:58 PM
Good on ya Andy, good luck with it

Neil - TXJ
3rd November 2011, 10:19 PM
Think I might have joined in the spring rather than the start of winter!

Enjoy

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2011, 10:38 PM
Think I might have joined in the spring rather than the start of winter!

Enjoy

No time like the present. :yes nod:

A.:D

stoney
3rd November 2011, 10:43 PM
Good luck :lol:

Well done its good to get fit I have started going the gym :)

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd November 2011, 11:55 PM
:lol:

Andy takes to the court, serves and needs a towel break ;)

Best of luck with it mate :thumbs up:

:lol: You're not far wrong.

A.

zimbo
4th November 2011, 11:48 AM
Think Andy (MrP) has had enough of waiting for Andy Murray to clinch the Wimbledon title and is going to give it a go himself!! :yes nod: :lol:

Well done MrP, the first hurdle has been passed and your on your way to a fitter healthier lifestyle :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2011, 12:19 PM
Think Andy (MrP) has had enough of waiting for Andy Murray to clinch the Wimbledon title and is going to give it a go himself!! :yes nod: :lol:

Well done MrP, the first hurdle has been passed and your on your way to a fitter healthier lifestyle :thumbs up:

Muzza is gonna do that this year. :yes nod: If not Wimbledon, a major for sure, more likely a hard court.:thumbs up:

"Fitter healthier lifestyle"? Yes. Thats the plan. But the muscles in my legs, ass and right wrist just now are wondering what they've done to deserve the punishment they got last night. :lol:

A.

Stewart
4th November 2011, 01:17 PM
But the muscles in my legs, ass and right wrist just now are wondering what they've done to deserve the punishment they got last night. :lol:
A.

And thats before you even get to the Tennis! ;) (Sorry)

ELFMAN
4th November 2011, 02:15 PM
And thats before you even get to the Tennis! ;) (Sorry)

So you should be Stewart... That's almost as bad as what I was going to say! :hand: :smilewinkgrin:

Mini Ecosse
4th November 2011, 03:36 PM
So you should be Stewart... That's almost as bad as what I was going to say! :hand: :smilewinkgrin:

:lol::lol:

Stewart
4th November 2011, 07:07 PM

Yeah I can imitate but we all know who the Master is….But I know you realise you could not let a statement like that go unpunished ;)

Back on topic

Good luck with it Mr P and I hope it’s in doors. Definitely too cold out there this time of year to be playing with your balls outside – Apologies Ewan.

MINIme:)
4th November 2011, 07:15 PM
Good for you Andy!! I used to be a total gym bunny but have been a right lazy cow for a while now :frown: Have been feeling a bit ashamed of myself reading this. Hope you enjoy it :clap:balls and all

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2011, 07:16 PM
It's an outdoors court. 3 of them. But they are floodlit so we can still play at night. :thumbs up:

And just to continue the connotations...

I only took a racquet with me, so last night I was playing with another mans balls. They were good balls though. A bit fluffy but nice and round and bounced just right. Clearly they had been well played with by other people, but he didn't seem to mind.

A.:thumbs up:

indigomatt
4th November 2011, 09:03 PM
A co-workers son owns a tennis shop on Dumbarton Road (near to the junction of Crow Road) think its called PWP.

Is meant to be very good, Andy Murray’s mum was at the opening !!!

He used to coach, prices are competitive with the internet but you get to handle and try out with good advice before hand, well worth a visit.

AndyP & Lenore
4th November 2011, 10:29 PM
The coach at the club I've joined is a dealer for PWP so he can get their stuff at a small discount. But you don't get to swing a racquet though. Worth a trip in to see the shop if I'm in the area though.

A.