PDA

View Full Version : Rust/Corrosion Warranty

LellaD
3rd November 2011, 02:53 PM
Hi all

Have an 06 MCS (last of superchargers) and has a rust spot above the boot strip (about size of 20p) and a paint bubble on rear 3/4. Have booked it in to a local bodyshop to get these sorted - but now wondering if warranty will cover them, car is not 6years old until January.

Apologies if this has been asked before, google was no help either!

Any advice appreciated

ELFMAN
3rd November 2011, 04:47 PM
Worth a Warranty shout - but not sure if you have to have an 'official' record from a dealer for it to be valid - otherwise they might have the 'get out' of saying it should have been attended to before it got to its present condition.

Stoney had the same sort of problem on his last MINI in a similar area on the boot I think - give him a shout.

stoney
3rd November 2011, 05:24 PM
hi ya yep i did have the same type of problem a few things to check number 1 is you battery in your boot is not full of water if it is check the orange box at the side is still ok and the wires have not rusted also take a the cover off the inside of the boot think its 4 or 6 screws and get some one to pour water down your back window and check there is no water coming thro where the trim fixes to the body work as that was the prob with mine

i did get it covered thro warranty but i had to realy play my face a lot to get it done :)

MINIme:)
4th November 2011, 12:01 AM
what's the length of warranty on paintwork then?? I have 3yrs in my head - is paintwork separate? Not sure what documentation I have of any of that, if I even need any?!

Hope you get it fixed anyway!

stoney
4th November 2011, 08:45 AM
paint work is 6 year i think it used to be 10 but mini changed it

LellaD
4th November 2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the replies - ill try and get a better look today at what youve suggested.

May just fire it through the bodyshop its booked for anyway, esp if Mini are a PITA with things