PDA

View Full Version : Air Intakes for the 2011 MCS

Bryce
1st November 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone know of any Air Intakes on the market for the 2011 MCS?

I was looking for one with a decent power upgrade and shows off that factory blow of valve?

I really like the look of the ALTA one and have heard good things but not sure if it suites the 2011 model.

Grateful for any advice anyone has :smilewinkgrin:

Cheers

Craig
1st November 2011, 08:21 PM
If you ask Mini William he has the alta one on his car. It just bolts on I think but he can advise better :thumbs up:

Burple
19th November 2011, 07:44 PM
I've got the Alta one on the works... Love the sounds it makes! You really hear the blow off valve on lift off, and same with hearing the kit sooking the air in! :D
Can't failt the quality either! have a wee look on YouTube for some examples :)

Bryce
20th November 2011, 12:19 AM
Ive had a look and it sounds good when the cars still with the bonnet up lol! would like to hear from inside. do you notice the power gains ? Lohen claim +10 bhp ? Is it easy to bolt on/off ? as it would need to make a swift exit when the cars heading in to the garage :rolleyes:

Cheers

stoney
20th November 2011, 01:28 PM
Ive had a look and it sounds good when the cars still with the bonnet up lol! would like to hear from inside. do you notice the power gains ? Lohen claim +10 bhp ? Is it easy to bolt on/off ? as it would need to make a swift exit when the cars heading in to the garage :rolleyes:

Cheers

most garages will over look them TBH

Bryce
20th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Risky though =/

MINI William
20th November 2011, 03:40 PM
Risky though =/

An ITG Panel Filter sounds best for you then I think :yes nod:

Mon the fish
20th November 2011, 06:48 PM
If it's power you want, make sure it's an enclosed filter - a filter sitting in the open in a hot engine bay will suck in hot air. Hot air = less power.

What's the R56 JCW one like? As on the R53, the JCW is about the best you can get (once de-flapped)

minidan
15th January 2012, 04:02 AM
Check out this kit ...K&N 69-2004TTK £240-£260. I always think K&N is the best.I m considering to get one as well.It just make a lot of sense after i saw the kit in youtube. Look what you get in the kit is really value for money, It's just unbeatable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqfcJ97wyc

T5 POL
17th January 2012, 12:46 AM
I would agree with 'Mon the fish'.

I would recommend the JCW air intake with ITG filter. Its an enclosed box, will not draw engine bay heat in and is OEM. Fits snug too. Heres a pic of the air box installed in mine.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s378/POLDEL/228.jpg