PDA

View Full Version : National Windscreens

SuperCooperS
29th October 2011, 01:55 PM
Hi folks...I got a new front windscreen fitted locally by National Windscreens

The window went in fine, but in the process of taking the old one out the drivers side roof trim got damaged.. I paid the excess of 65 quid for the fitment of the windscreen, however the new trim now needed is 39.95 plus VAT

They said they would obviously pay for the trim and put the new one on..but not exactly great damaging cars as part of work duties.. and not seeming that bothered by it.. and this is a company associated with a reputable insurance company that I use to insure my car... not overly impressed as I have to now go back during the week to get the trim fitted.. I just hope nothing else is damaged in the process of them putting the trim piece on..

anyone else had similar problems?

euan
29th October 2011, 07:47 PM
Not damaged but I had to get them to refit a screen in the summer on my A4 - it wasn't sealed properly so the screen had moisture on it on the inside. They had to re-do it completely, but in their place which meant driving to their office and leaving the car there for 2 hours while they did it and I sat bored.

If it's the window trim that got damaged they should have advised that it can happen, the guys who did mine were very careful but these things can happen. Not nice if it's to your own car but they'll fix it up as they said they would. Just a bit of a hassle.

Alex from NM
1st November 2011, 09:00 PM
Yeah National did mine after this and made a right hash out of it. Took them 3 goes to get it right. They left me distinctly unimpressed