PDA

View Full Version : Had enough of Karcher

Craig
29th October 2011, 11:44 AM
Well my main PW was playing silly beggars last week and it looks like the pumps on it's way out :frown: next to no pressure out of it despite lots of water pressure.

Took out my backup cheap Karcher to use today to clean the cars and it's gone too!,,, :ragin:

So I've had enough of these pw's lasting less than 2 years, so question is what make is good quality? It will get used about 2-3 times per week , but my budget is up to £300 :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th October 2011, 12:10 PM
They're not the quality they used to be. :frown:

But, I've never had anything else so can't recommend anything else.

A.

Stewart
29th October 2011, 01:09 PM
I just have the B&Q Mac 110 Bar and its proved to be tough enough although its showing its age after five years of abuse with the attachments now a pain to get in and out, surprisingly the foam gun with the metal pin goes in and out fine.

I’ve been playing with the fact that as the attachment is a fight to take off and put in and the trigger wont shut off till I hit the Off button I should treat myself. I was looking into a mid range Kercher although my foam lance would need changed.

Well you’ve just helped me out on that score it’s a new Bosch that has the same fitment as the Mac for the Foam lance that will be on the cards next year.

Sorry to read as its always a complete bugger when something you need to use lets you down on the spot. You just know its penny pinching from a metal part to plastic or something that will have cost a few pence has probably let the whole unit down.

I know your getting more and more into this Valeting lark so it may be a good idea to ask around even a email to polish bliss or somthing to get from the more light home user to more reliable professional user.You could take a look at the Lavor or Nilfisk units.

Gismo
29th October 2011, 01:46 PM
Not sure if you get them, but, i bought a TroyBilt here in the USA, petrol driven

Big Gordy
29th October 2011, 06:33 PM
The problem with the cheaper Karchers is the pump only has a design life of about 2 years. If you want them to last longer/use more often you need to get the water cooled motor driven ones.

Craig
29th October 2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah I've got a couple of recommendations. Won't make the same mistake again ;)

Cheers for help :yes nod:

Craig
29th October 2011, 07:48 PM
Well I know I said I wouldn't have another Karcher... :blush:

Well after taking some advice from people that use them professionally (including our king of shine ;)) I decided to buy a Karcher Pro model :yes nod:
This is it! (http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Professional/Highpressure_cleaners/Cold_water_highpressure_cleaners/Cold_water_compact_class/15146520.htm)

A wee bit more than I wanted to pay, but it will pay me back in the long run :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
29th October 2011, 08:46 PM
Well I know I said I wouldn't have another Karcher... :blush:

Well after taking some advice from people that use them professionally (including our king of shine ;)) I decided to buy a Karcher Pro model :yes nod:
This is it! (http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Professional/Highpressure_cleaners/Cold_water_highpressure_cleaners/Cold_water_compact_class/15146520.htm)

A wee bit more than I wanted to pay, but it will pay me back in the long run :thumbs up:

Jeez at that price it will be a long run!:rolleyes: :thud:

My Karcher is about 15 years old and still going strong.

Craig
29th October 2011, 09:11 PM
Jeez at that price it will be a long run!:rolleyes: :thud:

My Karcher is about 15 years old and still going strong.

That's the thing the old ones ate made much better ! ;). Hopefully the new one will last :yes nod:

MINIme:)
29th October 2011, 09:43 PM
How much does Craig's Car Wash cost? :smilewinkgrin: will come and visit you one of these days!

Craig
29th October 2011, 09:57 PM
How much does Craig's Car Wash cost? :smilewinkgrin: will come and visit you one of these days!

Depends on your level of cleaning ;). But it's cheaper for minis :yes nod:

29th October 2011, 10:29 PM
Depends on your level of cleaning ;). But it's cheaper for minis :yes nod:

Especially minis bearing chocolate digestives :D (plain or milk by the way?)
Pippa is unlikely to ever need a deep clean unless BAD people sit in her and defy my strict rules :yes nod:

Craig
29th October 2011, 10:34 PM
:lol:

If you buy a sticker or 2 then I can give it a quick wash for free - I'll have to fit the stickers obviously !! :clap:

29th October 2011, 11:10 PM
Haven't managed to decide where to put it yet...!! :hand: had also been waiting to see how some recent stuff panned out...

Craig
4th November 2011, 08:59 AM
Well I finally got my new washer yesterday after 2 failed deliveries I had to drive to Uddingston after work to pick it up from the courier depot. :rolleyes:

Imagine my surprise when I get it home and go to check it over to find it faulty/broken :frown: :argh: the on/off dial on the front of it when turned just makes a cracking/grinding noise... Took the inspection panel off and the dial just fell out, so it's gonna have to go back :ragin: I had cars to do this weekend too.....:argh:

Maybe I shouldn't have stuck with Karcher.... It weighs a ton tho and the motor /pump looks a quality bit if kit, just a stupid plastic bit letting it down...

ianking
4th November 2011, 09:29 AM
Thats a real bummer about the new one arriving broken.

Like I had said to you I would never touch a domestic Karcher but the pro models with the induction water cooled motors and proper brass pumps are so much better.

I would let them exchange it and see how you like it.
Could a neighbour lend you a machine for this weekend.

Craig
4th November 2011, 09:49 AM
Thats a real bummer about the new one arriving broken.

Like I had said to you I would never touch a domestic Karcher but the pro models with the induction water cooled motors and proper brass pumps are so much better.

I would let them exchange it and see how you like it.
Could a neighbour lend you a machine for this weekend.

Yeah got a couple of offers so I should be fine. Just hope the exchange is smooth... :yes nod:

stoney
4th November 2011, 10:09 AM
Craig there will be a local depo that should be able to fix it for u with out much prob under wranaty :) I know there is one in larkhall

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

Craig
4th November 2011, 12:07 PM
Craig there will be a local depo that should be able to fix it for u with out much prob under wranaty :) I know there is one in larkhall

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)

They are collecting it I'n Monday and once they have it back and checked it over then they will send me a replacement ;). Good service considering the fault is with karcher..

Stewart
4th November 2011, 01:22 PM
What PW did you go for?

Its just sod's luck that it comes nackered.:frown:

Craig
4th November 2011, 02:10 PM
What PW did you go for?

Its just sod's luck that it comes nackered.:frown:

HD 6/13 CX Plus ;).

stoney
4th November 2011, 04:34 PM
They are collecting it I'n Monday and once they have it back and checked it over then they will send me a replacement ;). Good service considering the fault is with karcher..

good stuff

Gismo
4th November 2011, 05:16 PM
Perhaps you should use your mod powers and change the thread title :Whistle:

Mini Ecosse
4th November 2011, 06:27 PM
perhaps you should use your mod powers and change the thread title :whistle:

pmsl

Stewart
4th November 2011, 07:01 PM
Perhaps you should use your mod powers and change the thread title :Whistle:

To " Right now I really really hate!"

At the price it should be more solid a unit.

Craig
9th November 2011, 10:50 PM
Well the replacement arrived on Monday and tonight is the first chance I've had to try it out. Wow, just wow !!! :clap:

Never knew my previous washers were so useless :lol:

9th November 2011, 11:17 PM
:clap: hope it's dry weather on Sunday so I still look clean and shiny by the time I've got all the way home...!!

Craig
9th November 2011, 11:47 PM
:clap: hope it's dry weather on Sunday so I still look clean and shiny by the time I've got all the way home...!!

Fingers crossed :clap:

RobSco
9th November 2011, 11:51 PM

I thought Craig was Cleaning the Car... :lol: