PDA

View Full Version : Clock Change

Sheilz
28th October 2011, 11:29 PM
Spotted in the paper that UK govt is planning - with our approval - to have us two hours ahead of our normal winter clock by this time next year (I think I've got that right??!). I have very clear memories of walking to and from primary school in the pitch black. It was pretty bleak. I've read the arguments for changing the clock but haven't read anything yet that convinces me that darkness at 10am is a worthy sacrifice for any of the so called benefits. With daylight until eleven at night in the summer as it is I just can't think of any advantage of this extending until 1am when most folk have to get up for work in the morning so not able to use it. Seems to me that this proposal intended to bring the Uk into line with Europe has the potential to cause major probs for individuals and communities. I think it would be seriously weird going to bed when it's still sunny outside (in theory anyway!). Does anyone north of Watford think this might be of benefit?

MINIme:)
28th October 2011, 11:36 PM
it's a one hour change they are talking about.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15490249

Personally I HATE pitch black afternoons, it gets me really down, and would much rather it was dark an extra hour in the morning.

KenL
29th October 2011, 07:05 AM
As a golfer I like to play early, so I would hate darkness any later than it currently is in winter.

mark1984
29th October 2011, 07:06 AM
it doesnt matter to me i go in the dark and its just about dark when i head home. i think it would be something difrent tho if it did happen

Sheilz
29th October 2011, 11:44 AM
it's a one hour change they are talking about.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15490249

Yes of course. I think it will be spring 2013 when the biggest impact will be felt since the clocks will go forward another hour then to synchronise our clocks with Europe. I think this will mean us losing our early sunrise in summer while it will remain daylight into the early hours of the morning. I think!!