PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3

AndyP & Lenore
28th October 2011, 07:41 PM
I'm on just now.

Jury's out but it's growing on me.

AndyP & Lenore
28th October 2011, 09:31 PM
Well, played for a couple of hours tonight and I can see this getting traded for MW3 in a couple of weeks.

Far too much going on, absolutely NO idea how to control anything. No option (as far as I can see) to go back to main menu after a multiplayer game has ended. I think it could be an incredible game if there's 8 of you who play constantly and you can put yourself in the same squad and give each other specific tasks etc, but quite a bit of the time when I play there's only me and one other or two others. Me and ferengo couldn't seem to join each other and when we did we were on opposing teams.

Oh dear.

A.

zimbo
29th October 2011, 10:23 AM
Not tried online yet! ...and I broke my headset lastnight :argh: so am going to need to go and buy some superglue to fix it before go to finish the campaign then go online :yes nod:

Gismo
29th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Not tried online yet! ...and I broke my headset lastnight :argh: so am going to need to go and buy some superglue to fix it before go to finish the campaign then go online :yes nod:Shouting into it too much :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2011, 06:56 PM
I'll be on trying B3 again tonight about 6.30 if anyone wants to join.

A.

zimbo
2nd November 2011, 07:12 PM
I'll be on trying B3 again tonight about 6.30 if anyone wants to join.

A.

I'll be on at some point Andy :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2011, 07:39 PM
I'll be on at some point Andy :yes nod:

Cool.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd November 2011, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys.

3 minutes into this tonight and it just reminded me of how absolutely crap this game is.

Ditching B3.

Going back to COD

Sorry for anyone who wants to play B3, it's not for me.

A.

mark1984
3rd November 2011, 07:48 AM
yeh man i think its realy complicated so i will be tradeing it in for mw3 too i have one pre orderd so can pick it up at midnight. add me highlander1730 mabe we can catch up on mw3?

Alex from NM
5th November 2011, 11:41 AM
What's so bad about it? I was thinking of getting this. I didn't mind BF2 and love the online multiplayer game so I was hoping more of the same just a bit more advanced and some new locations.

AndyP & Lenore
6th November 2011, 12:29 AM
What's so bad about it? I was thinking of getting this. I didn't mind BF2 and love the online multiplayer game so I was hoping more of the same just a bit more advanced and some new locations.

Alex, I suspect it's a bloody fantastic game if you want to play the way this game runs. It's far more team driven than COD. In B3, even if you're not in a team of your own buddies you can chose to join a "squad" and the idea is you work together to complete objectives. It's much more realistic warfare than COD. The trouble is, I only play 2 or occasionally 3 times a week, and more often than not, there's only 2 or 3 of us at a time.

With COD I can pick the game up, jump in and just start spraying bullets at the enemy, running around reasonably confined maps like a headless chicken. It's fast and furious and I love it.

So, despite all my B3 bitching, it may well be a decent game if you like that sort of game.

One thing that does annoy me though, is once you are in an online game party, there's no way to get back to the main menu to change to campaign game. can't understand why that option isn't there.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
6th November 2011, 12:30 AM
yeh man i think its realy complicated so i will be tradeing it in for mw3 too i have one pre orderd so can pick it up at midnight. add me highlander1730 mabe we can catch up on mw3?

Will add you next time I'm on, Mark.:thumbs up:

A.

mark1984
6th November 2011, 08:13 AM
cool

markjbb
14th January 2012, 10:09 PM
yeah i don't really like the game. but it is slowly grown one me tho it is a lot better when you can team up with friends because most of the time when your just on your own no one seems to go for the flags etc

plus i miss not having a mouse :( i don't like the xbox controls that much for shooting games