PDA

View Full Version : Fish feet treatment places.

AndyP & Lenore
27th October 2011, 07:10 PM
A few weeks ago the UK's Environmental Health Agency issued an unflattering report on these snappy feet, happy soles places where you dunk your feet into a bath and let miniature barracuda's chew all the dead skin off your feet.

Been out and about in Livingston and Edinburgh a bit the past week and they are ALL deserted now. Hardly any customers at all.

As much as I would never have used one of these facilities because it didn't take a EHA report to convince me of the health dangers that exist, I'd still hate to have my business model ruined in 1 week.

I kinda feel sorry for them, but if they didn't see this coming....:Whistle:

A.

KenL
27th October 2011, 08:39 PM
I am delighted. As an aquarist, I find it distasteful that fish are being used for this purpose. I have had fears that the fish may not have been cared for in the proper manner with regards to water quality etc. I only hope now that they are not just dumped if these outlets have gone bust!

A quick search showed up this article http://www.theecologist.org/blogs_and_comments/commentators/other_comments/899341/response_why_its_wrong_to_use_garra_rufa_fish_in_p edicures.html

SuperCooperS
27th October 2011, 09:35 PM
I would never dream of using this as a way to effectively clean my feet properly.. I good shower and pumas stone does it for me... ohh and soap lol