PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield v COD

Neil - TXJ
27th October 2011, 03:08 PM
So my choice is buy Battlefield 3 tomorrow or wait for COD as don't want to buy both as i don't play enough to warrant 2 new FPS.

Given the choice what would you do?

Neil.

stoney
27th October 2011, 03:37 PM
well just installing battlefield now so will update once played for a bit

Gismo
27th October 2011, 03:49 PM
well just installing battlefield now so will update once played for a bitYep, playing COD today and no nausea :thumbs up: installing the game and a 221MB update for BF3 :thud:

Burple
27th October 2011, 05:14 PM
Personal opinion... but BF3 would be better on PC, because it's so much bigger and the graphics can be SO much better (if your PC can hack it)

COD on consoles any time, since it's much easier just to pick up and play.. for me at least, since I don't play enough to warrant becoming so engrossed in BF3...

Just my own opinion tho, as I wasn't overly impressed by the BF3 Beta..

Gismo
27th October 2011, 05:28 PM
Personal opinion... but BF3 would be better on PC, because it's so much bigger and the graphics can be SO much better (if your PC can hack it)

COD on consoles any time, since it's much easier just to pick up and play.. for me at least, since I don't play enough to warrant becoming so engrossed in BF3...

Just my own opinion tho, as I wasn't overly impressed by the BF3 Beta..Played for a while with Stoney, first impressions, quite dark and difficult to see the enemies, can't really see when i've killed someone, other than they don't get up again, lol.
Sadly this game caused me nausea :ragin: but, will get back to it again.
Of course will take a while to get used to the controller position

bullet
27th October 2011, 07:14 PM
if you have a choice of pc or console for bf3 go pc,64 player maps versus 24 on the console.some reviews say the single player campaign is rubbish and with the co op campaign only having 6 maps its a letdown on what was promised months ago with those amazing trailers .but the vast array of weapons,tanks and aircraft that you can control seal this as a must buy.

AndyP & Lenore
27th October 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm in the same boat as Trigger. Don't know which to go for. I made the mistake on Gran Tourismo when everyone on here was talking it up and was gonna be the next big thing so I got it and we all pretty much agreed it was a pile of poo. Don't know what to do. Really want to get MW3 but not sure I'm gonna want to pay for both.

A.

Neil - TXJ
27th October 2011, 08:32 PM
I use a PS3.

Still undecided but can imagine will be tempted by BF3 when I am in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Neil.

stoney
27th October 2011, 09:50 PM
well i have played it to night and also played cod and BF3 comes out on top the now geting used to the controls :lol: much easyer to see who you have killed online properly rather than the co-op

Stewart
28th October 2011, 09:59 AM
Watched a few 10-20 minute clips of MP rounds from PC’s on Ultra and I have to say the MP looks absolutely stunning and can at times capture the mayhem of warfare.

My biggest gripe with past BF was always you played the smart game only to be let down by the fact the enemy players did not go down quick enough with the usual full clip or more to kill. And as bullets were a cheap hit in the past suppression was a waste of time.

Now it looks more real world, you get hit fast and hard by the looks of it and as far as I can see the hit detection looks in another world to that of BF2.

Granted only clips of the Tube but cant wait for a new rig next year to get BF3. Never played C.O.D other than a wee shot on a wee ones PS or 360 I cant remember which but did not fancy it but mind as I did not know the map or controls on the controller it was instant death.

zimbo
29th October 2011, 10:29 AM
I made the mistake on Gran Tourismo when everyone on here was talking it up and was gonna be the next big thing so I got it and we all pretty much agreed it was a pile of poo.

A.

:thud:you go and wash your mouth out with soap Mr!!!! :moonie:

Stewart
29th October 2011, 02:13 PM
I played 64 players on BF2 and you could usually squad up and leave the lone Wolfs to do there thing and have some great rounds. That could be harder when its just 12 a side on the consoles

Neil - TXJ
29th October 2011, 05:01 PM
Guess what I have!!!! Finding time to play a challenge.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa382/Trigger0404/af5a60de.jpg